Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B near Galway university hospital

Options
  • 19-07-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

Hi,My mother will be attending hospital there in about two to three weeks for radiotherapy treatment,she is looking for a place a short walk from hospital for a few weeks, possibly six weeks
    She has her name down for being an inpatient but there is no room there for the first few weeks anyway.
    She would be staying there Monday to Thursday going home at weekends
    Anyone with any information or anyone doing any special rates would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Hi contact Cancer Care West to see if they can help, they have a residential centre for patients. http://www.cancercarewest.ie/inis-aoibhinn.html

Failing that, they will definitely be able to offer help, suggestions and support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

There is a really good one opposite Statoil, can't think of what it is called though. Lovely woman running it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Little My wrote: »
    Hi contact Cancer Care West to see if they can help, they have a residential centre for patients. http://www.cancercarewest.ie/inis-aoibhinn.html

Failing that, they will definitely be able to offer help, suggestions and support.

Thanks for reply,thats the place my mother has her name down for but its full up for the next few weeks at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

There is a really good one opposite Statoil, can't think of what it is called though. Lovely woman running it...

Thanks,will look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 4 colincoyle

There is a pub across the road that used to have B&B upstairs.

The River Inn across the road from the front gate of the hospital has a B&B service.

I know a lot of people attending for inpatient / outpatient services used to stay here regularly.

The number is 091 <no numbers, PM colin for this info>. Rates were €45 a night and €60 a night during race week.

The place has been taken over by new owners lately so maybe check to make sure prices and B&B are still in operation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Try Deacys B & B in Shantalla just round the corner from UHG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

There are dozens of B&Bs on the 402 bus route from Knocknacarra. That is a journey of around 4km. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 concernman

I dont want to sound cheeky, but there are lots of nice B&B's in Salthill. The fresh air and senery could do her the world of good being in hospital all day undergoing that treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 AP McCoy

As the title says, I will need it for three nights a week and four nights a week once a month. Just need it til I find some more permanent lodgings, anyone know of a place which might do me a decent deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Deacy's B & B in Shantalla - practically around the corner. Ask for Don ;)

Advertisement