Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help a newbie :)

Options
  • 19-07-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi all

I have read the stickies and the charter and I am still a bit confused.

Basically, I am gathering that there are reusable e cigarettes that can be recharged and that I can buy refill cartridges for.

Are they durable enough and cost effective enough to be a truly better option to disposable ones?

If so, can someone recommend the most durable one of all with a good quality cigarette-like smoke, and very cheap refills, preferably ones that do not have to be replaced every few drags... if that is possible.

Also, what is the difference between 'refills', 'liquids' etc.

I am really sorry for my ignorance but I simply don't understand the whole concept. I have actually smoked an e cigarette and just today bought a disposable one in the filling station that we are really delighted with.

I suppose, for me it sounds like buying a printer--
    -you can buy good and bad quality printers,
    -and then after that some dont last so long,
    -and then after that the ink is far more expensive in some than others

So, to sum up...
    Would you recommend :

- to buy an ecigarette that I can refill as opposed to disposables?

- the most durable one?

- one that is most cigarette-like, flavour wise?

- one that is as inexpensive as possible?

Thank you very much for any help and advice on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jasonc5432 wrote: »
    So, to sum up...
    Would you recommend :

- to buy an ecigarette that I can refill as opposed to disposables?

- the most durable one?

- one that is most cigarette-like, flavour wise?

- one that is as inexpensive as possible?

Thank you very much for any help and advice on this.
    Welcome!
    I just had the longest reply ever, and iOS Chrome has some 'clear text' button I've never seen before...
    FML

Do get refillables, they're tastier and cheaper, and usually provide more options.

Buying the most durable ecig you can buy would be overkill at the start for anyone (you don't know what floats your boat yet, and they're expensive... You'll buy one in a few months though), but I would recommend you buy 2 eGo Twists (one to use while the other charges), as they have what has become the default ecig connection, the 510 (which means more delivery systems will fit on your battery), have variable voltage (VV) for tweaking heat to suit flavours, and a long enough battery life that you shouldn't be left in the lurch (though if you're prone to long sessions, buy and bring three).
    Generally, the device you screw into the battery that holds the nicotine and heats it doesn't come prefilled, and that's a good thing, because you get to try out lots of nice flavours as opposed to a few sub-standard ones.

House of Liquid's Cigarrillos Naturales has been and is being raved about by everybody in the ecig community at the moment, but that taste comes with a small price-premium - it's still great value in comparison to real cigs.
    For the price of 2.5 packs of fags, you have 3 weeks worth of liquid (dependant on vape-rate, but around that).
    E-SmokeIreland will be carrying that soon.

You might find yourself abandoning fag-like tastes soon enough though.
    Most vapers experiment a lot, and fruity tastes seem to be preferred by most.
    Once your sense of taste and smell comes back fully, you'll want the deliciousness.

Expense-wise, eGo Twists are a bargain. You can buy cheaper, but they won't be as satisfying or as flexible.
    These are just the batteries.
    The nicotine has to be served up through an atomiser of some sort, whether dripping-style (it is what it sounds like, bad for beginners), a cartridge system atomiser (handy for beginners, but can leak sometimes, or spurt juice into the mouth - YUM), a cartomiser (specifically, Boge-branded cartos are leak-free, they just need their foam topped-up every few cigs-worth, or...), a cartomiser with tank (carto has hole/s punched/slotted, by you or by vendor, liquid feeds to the carto from tank... Nice supply of a good amount of liquid... Less refilling, extended cartomiser lifespan... Probably the most common method of intake).
    3ml tank for the eGo, to fit flush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Batterys: Link

Charger: Link

Wall Adapter for charger:Link

Cartomizers: Link

E-Go Vision: Link

Drip Tip: Link (Any of the 510/901)

Juice: There are thousands of different juices from different company's but I've linked to a few of my favorites, you'll have to experiment with different strengths to see what you like, but 18mg would be a good starting point

Irish Vapers Fomors

E-smokeireland strawberry milkshake

E-smokeireland Ecto Cool

House Of Liquid CIGARRILLOS NATURALES

The cartomizers and e-go vision i've linked to above are just different ways of delivering the juice.

The cartomizer works by soaking the cotton wool with juice (instructions)
    The vision stores the liquid in a tank and wicks into the atomizer.

I'd recommend picking up a 5 pack of cartomizers and 1 of the visions just to try it out.

Keep in mind that both cartomizers & the e-go vision are disposable items but how long they last depends on your usage and the type of juice your using,
    I've had carto's last me a day before dying and then some lasted well over a week.

*Discount Codes Can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mandyxxx

Hi Jason
    You are going to need 2 batteries (one to use while the other is charging, and as a spare, just in case) and a charger so you could do worse than to buy a starter kit, either Ego or Biansi. The batteries in these can then be used with cartomisers, Ego Vision etc. if and when you want to try something else.

Start with high strength liquid but get some low strength as well (6mg) in case you find the 18mg too harsh.

Check out the Biansi Imist on Irish Vapers.ie or Bargainvapour.ie. Use the discount codes for 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭jasonc5432

Mandy, Elbow, and Grindle, thank you very much for your very informative replies!

Im gonna research more now based on what you guys have said and i will report back from the vaping newbie wilderness.

In the meantime, please feel free to post any more information that will help me along the way :)

Just so you know the following are completely normal side-effects :p:

1: An addiction for all things shiny,matte & anodized.

2: Experimenting with about 50 different juices before finding one that your happy with and then a week later seeing a new juice and needing to try it.

3: Use of the phrase "I just need a few bits to keep me going for the week" even though you already have enough vaping paraphernalia to keep a small army vaping for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Elbow wrote: »

2: Experimenting with about 50 different juices before finding one that your happy with and then a week later seeing a new juice and needing to try it.

3: Use of the phrase "I just need a few bits to keep me going for the week" even though you already have enough vaping paraphernalia to keep a small army vaping for months.

Very true lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Elbow wrote: »

You can add getting to know your postman and his times and route and habits.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

tommy2bad wrote: »

My postman has actually asked me am i up to no good with the amount of packages that come here....He's now a vaper!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tommy2bad wrote: »

wish that helped me... he turns up at any time between 10am and 3pm and there's no pattern to it
    he must stop for a cup of tea and a biscuit every second house some days

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

eeloe wrote: »
    My postman has actually asked me am i up to no good with the amount of packages that come here....He's now a vaper!

The woman who owns my local post office now vapes, Im working on the postman! :D

• Advertisement

I get all my orders delivered to work but its still 4 or later before it gets here which is a disaster!

So the postman now does me a favor and sends me a txt if there's a jiffy bag in the post with my name on it, i meet him on his first route 10 minutes down the road at 20 past 9 :D

Advertisement