Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

grimm2005 wrote: »
    It is indeed. The bar is called O'Reillys Sub Lounge as far as I know or else it was one and is now the other. Some people call it O'Reillys and some call it Sub Lounge! There seemed to be some confusion there. Club Hell is just a rock and metal themed night which is run by a promotions company and they "rent out" the pub, so to speak. There's great craic to be had although it does get VERY packed which can sometimes be both a good and bad thing.

That's what I thought, it was a promo or theme night. I've always known that place as The Sub Lounge. Didn't surprise me, though, when people on this thread said it was a rock venue. It has a very crypt-rock-goth type vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Thanks again for all the recommendations. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm also out in Dublin for the night with a couple of mates. Where's a few good places to go if you're into indie/rock music. I'm thinking of ending up in Whelans but any suggestions for cool pubs before that?

Workman's Club on Wellington Quay. Similar music to Whelan's, no cover charge and they don't out pints in plastic cups :p

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Whoever is recommending 21's .......... God.

Flannerys is good :)

If you're an alternative head, what twee said... workmans club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

CavanCrew wrote: »
    Whoever is recommending 21's .......... God.

Flannerys is good :)

If you're an alternative head, what twee said... workmans club.

The OP asked for recommendations for NON rock venues, suited to 20 year olds. I might hate 21s, but it seemed to suit what was asked for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Tbh I find all the staff great there, male and female. One chick working behind the bar was so nice that I gave her my fairy wand on Gay Pride night. :pac:

I get ya. The guys are well sound there, good laugh. If its the wee bar girl in there then you are right she is so polite and beautiful too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    The OP asked for recommendations for NON rock venues, suited to 20 year olds. I might hate 21s, but it seemed to suit what was asked for.

well i do NOT recommend 21s at all, there are a lot better places.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Nobody has said Copperface Jacks but it might be the type of thing you're looking for. Otherwise these are all good suggestions:
    Lux23 wrote: »
    If you are going to Whelans, I would pop into The Long Hall first for a couple then maybe dig across to Hogans then on up to Camden Street for a couple in Solas or Anseo.
    feeney92 wrote: »
    Go to hu$$le(the academy), Sin(Temple bar),Wright venue(Swords) or Palace(Near aungier street), in my opinion there probably the best places in or around our age to go, hu$$le and Sin being number 1 & 2

caff wrote: »
    Bernard Shaw and Twisted Pepper are quite good too
    http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/

Against the Grain is good for its selection of beers.

Whelans is pretty good too.
    Twee. wrote: »
    Workman's Club on Wellington Quay. Similar music to Whelan's, no cover charge and they don't out pints in plastic cups :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

CavanCrew wrote: »
    well i do NOT recommend 21s at all, there are a lot better places.

There certainly are, but most people in the OP's age range seem to enjoy it for a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Sin É on the quays is a great late bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

@ The Op...

How did it go? Where did you end up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

mud wrote: »
    Sin É on the quays is a great late bar.

2nd this. Great vibe in there.

Good place to ... meet people, too

Advertisement