Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seaweed

Options
  • 20-07-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

are the seaweeds found at the howth cliffs safe to eat?
    any guidance regarding what sea weeds to eat and what not? links for informative videos, article or opinions most appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I listened to a BBC podcast on the subject recently, available here. It was interesting enough, and they visit the west of Ireland. You need to scroll down to the Tue, 8 May 12 entry: Seaweed, a Forgotten Food?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'm looking for Palmaria Palmata (dilisk) some to try seaweed ice cream. Got the recipe from the Nordic Food Lab.

I think that's the stuff that can be found in Howth?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

I'd be careful where you pick seaweed from.... Make sure it's somewhere clean with no sewerage, dead animals or rubbish. If all else fails, you can buy dried dulse (Irish dilisk/ dilsk) in F&B in Dublin or mcCambridges in Galway.

In Donegal /inishowen many of the local shops see dulse from local pickers. Mmmmmhhh, would love some now.

Advertisement