Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kids in bullock harbour

Options
  • 20-07-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

I seen a group of kids there yesterday. They seemed to be learning to dive/snorkel with an instructor.

Does anyone have info on these, or help me out. Reason for asking is I have a 7 year old who had to pick his jaw up looking at them and I'd be interested in seeing where or how to join.

Any Dublin location would do
    Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

check with CFT they might have been running something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Well CFT have a minimum age of 14 years. PADI has a limit of 10.

The minimum age for SCUBA diving is up for debate - have a read here. But at 7 your young fella will have to wait a few years at least. Plenty of other water sports he could get started with!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Irish Underwater Council

Hi Gavin

Although the minimum age for SCUBA within CFT is 14 we take on snorkellers from 7 upwards. Snorkelling is a perfect sport for children to get into and its a sport that you can enjoy with him. in fact we have just launched our new suite of snorkelling courses and are looking to run family friendly courses in snorkelling where the parent and child take part together. If this is something you would be interested in please call me on 01 2844601 or email simplysnorkel@diving.ie

Thanks
    Louise
    CFT:)

Advertisement