Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Had been scared to come into this thread for fear of Breaking Bad spoilers having seen it bumped so much recently but finally got round to watching the first 2 episode of this season I had sitting on my computer for the past week today. Then I come in here and see it's Star Trek & Shield being discussed. I do have high hopes for Shield but feel mixed on the new Star Trek which I also saw for the first time this week (and as it's now in the thread title temporarily I'm not using spoiler tags for this little bit). I'd have to agree with what Jay said for the most part, thought it was really good but found it hard to care as much for the big emotional bits as there was too much repetition of said bits be they deaths (or near deaths) or changes in command or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

eh i dunno wrote: »
    After watching that match Im now really looking foward to Breaking Bad. Poor game

Only after watching it. It's great as always. Especially the end. Business is picking up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Only after watching it. It's great as always. Especially the end. Business is picking up :D

Best scene for me, not really a spoiler;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So along with Ben Affleck in as Batman, Bryan Cranston rumoured to have signed up for 6 films as Lex Luthor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So along with Ben Affleck in as Batman, Bryan Cranston rumoured to have signed up for 6 films as Lex Luthor

:eek:

6 films! really? love me some Bryan Cranston and do think he would be perfect to play Luthor but thats a big commitment, they must really believe in the Superman franchise (though i'd imagine 1 of those might be the proposed Justice League movie)

On the Affleck thing, I must admit to having warmed to the guy in recent years even though I never really hated him due to him being associated with some great films in the past before he was v.big such as Mallrats, Good Will Hunting etc but as Batman I dunno, def feel he will need a strong supporting cast who can take the focus away from him at times like Ledger did with Joker or Hardy did as Bane.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I really hope Luthor's evil plot isn't bloody real estate - again! and again!

Who'd want to live here!
    rsx8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

No Dave Hester on Storage Wars now on the History channel. The Mexican guy who throws his money around is back in it, he is basically Del Rio to Hester's Vince McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭glenjamin

GTR63 wrote: »
    No Dave Hester on Storage Wars now on the History channel. The Mexican guy who throws his money around is back in it, he is basically Del Rio to Hester's Vince McMahon.

He's dead now. Commited suicide.

glenjamin wrote: »
    He's dead now. Commited suicide.

Did not know that, feel awful calling him a B-Rate Del Rio now. They took a Pro Wrestling style shot at hester at the end, who's the Mogul now? I am said Darrell in response.
    Is it true the show paid for a Boob job for Brandi, its either true or one of the longest running tv myths

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Just watched World War Z.
    While not as good as 28 days later, which I rank as the best apocalyptic horror film ever, it was still very good, if a bit hollywoody at times. Brad Pitt was very good and believable as always in it, and the "zombies" were well designed and acted. The sound of the zombies was immense and they came across very vicious and scary at times. While the ending was a bit limp, the first half an hour flew by and had incredible pacing. Well worth checking out if you enjoy zombie films, or apocalyptic horror films. It wasn't the action film I was expecting after looking at trailers.

• Advertisement

We're the Millers is a whole lot better than I expected. It's worth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD will debut in the UK just three days after its US premiere, it has been confirmed.
    The ABC TV show will be broadcast on Channel 4, with the first episode airing on Friday, September 27 at 8pm.

Finished BioShock Infinite earlier on the first go after giving up at the very last bit during my playthrough back in March iirc
    Seriously I never got to fight Song Bird WTF
    :confused:. Kinda got the ending but did it matter what necklace I picked for Elizabeth earlier in the game whether it was the Bird or the Cage?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

**BIOSHOCK INFINITE SPOILERS**

Sorry to disappoint, the choice just determines what necklace she wears for the rest of the game. I know sparing or killing the general changed one room in the alternate dimension (whether he's in a holding cell). I loved playing the game (the plot moreso than the battleship wave at the end) and enjoyed just how convoluted the final acts/revelations were, makes for great discussion/talking point. Also it prevented it from being easily spoiled :P

Here! Catch! *throws item and bonks you in the face*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He doesn't row?

NO!

He doesn't row!

Anyone here played saints row 4? Very odd cameo by
    roddy piper
    in it. Great game mind you, its a superhero game now basically.

Tinie wrote: »
    roddy piper

Ha, yeah, loved it, but was really random. If you call him as a homie and bring someone else with you, he talks to people as well. Kinzie and him have a funny conversation.

Anyone here played saints row 4?

Been playing it but gonna have to trade it in beyond skint & I wanted to get GTA V & PES 2014 next week but I need a controller, credit & to get a birthday present for my brother more. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wow this weeks breaking bad

Amazing

http://i.imgur.com/GLNuCvP.gif

Gif of last bb episode, won't embed it as it is a spoiler if not on current season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭Penn

roddy piper

It was an okay game, but I thought there were a lot of flaws. The superpowers are fun, though being able to superjump, superspeed and glide meant having to use vehicles in certain missions became annoying and pointless. Missions where you can't use your superpowers were extremely frustrating. Some of the more VR-type missions were crap and went on way too long (nice ideas but poorly executed). Some of the special weapons became boring after about 10 second (don't get the fascination with the Dubstep gun at all).

Overall, it was enjoyable enough, but I might trade it in as after finishing the story I just have no urge to play it again.

cQEpzJg.gif

Who is she Rjd2?
    :o
    Anyone getting GTA V on Tuesday?
    Haven`t pre ordered it yet myself tbh, but do want to get it.

Who is she Rjd2?
    :o
    Anyone getting GTA V on Tuesday?
    Haven`t pre ordered it yet myself tbh, but do want to get it.

Some are getting it over the weekend. It was sent out early from Amazon.

I'm not getting it until Wednesday due to work. :mad:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Some are getting it over the weekend. It was sent out early from Amazon.

I'm not getting it until Wednesday due to work. :mad:

I`m hoping to pick up a copy Tuesday morning without a pre order, hope it works. Already started watching vids of it on Youtube though.

Who is she Rjd2?

Other half mate:cool:
    Nah, no idea just funny gif for breaking bad fans

Have GTA V pre-oredered. Between it, Fifa, Pokemon and the Xbox One, it's going to be an expensive few months as a gamer :S

PES 2014 on friday. Oh lawd... pre drinking will be immense on saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

PES 2014 on friday. Oh lawd... pre drinking will be immense on saturday night.

PES demo slays the Fifa demo

• Advertisement

So Son's of Anarchy is back!

are we supposed to know who the young blonde boy is? maybe It's just eluding my memory or that (not saying what don't want to spoil the unexpected) is the start of some new story arch, but I wasn't expecting what happened

Advertisement