Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

EdK wrote: »
    PES demo slays the Fifa demo

Yeah its very good this year. Definitely back on track. Fifa 14 is lazy and identical to 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So Son's of Anarchy is back!

are we supposed to know who the young blonde boy is? maybe It's just eluding my memory or that (not saying what don't want to spoil the unexpected) is the start of some new story arch, but I wasn't expecting what happened

He kissed his mother goodbye that morning. Same woman was seen in the ending montage with
    one of Nero's guys (played by Dave Navarro). So it's most likely that Nero's guy was dating her, and the kid stole the gun from him (which was given to them by the Sons, so the shooting will bounce back at Samcro)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have a feeling Tig will be killed off this season on SOA

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

RE: Breaking Bad. There's been a few times this season I've said "this is the greatest 1-hour of television" and my God. My head is still spinning after the latest episode, Ozymandias. I'm broken. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,039 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm on Season 3 Episode 12 so will be finished season 3 tonight. I would like to be up to date by the time the finale airs since I know people will happily spoil it in some random place like I've seen already. So have to get through 28 episodes in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Two a night is perfect! Try not to blast through it in just a few nights, the writing and drama is incredible, the stuff really deserves to be contemplated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

"Were a family"

And you could really see it in his eyes desperately trying to believe it, and then the realisation that they weren't absolutely devastated him. Incredible stuff from cranston. Genuinely sad moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Rik Mayall in Damo & Ivor is stomach turning, its damaging to my childhood in the same way as James Cameron doing a Turtles film is.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Is it just me who can't feel sorry for Walter? While his motives were somewhat admirable to begin with he passed the point of no return long ago he's done some truly awful things which call into question his character to begin with before ever becoming a drug kingpin and he deserves everything he has coming!

Although I'd say his comeuppance may just be losing his family which is the whole reason he did what he did I don't think he'll die or go to jail or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

7 days til the next Walt..ffs. Last two weeks have really been class

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    Is it just me who can't feel sorry for Walter? While his motives were somewhat admirable to begin with he passed the point of no return long ago he's done some truly awful things which call into question his character to begin with before ever becoming a drug kingpin and he deserves everything he has coming!

Although I'd say his comeuppance may just be losing his family which is the whole reason he did what he did I don't think he'll die or go to jail or anything.

I still want to cheer for him. He's Austin in 2001.

I think the sadness comes from what Walt once was, but yes, it's a man who has willingly done terrible, terrible things reaping what he sown. We do get glimpses of a more compassionate guy (like the phonecall to exonerate Skylar) mixed with a deadly, evil man (telling Jesse about Jane) so it's quite compelling. Also hoping for some kind of goodness to come back. It seemed that some of his humanity came back a little when he heard Holly calling for "mama".

Absolutely can't wait for the final two! Think they'll be set in the flash-forward time?But he left with the money so as it stands right now, all of his work is for nothing, he's just torn his family apart.

Unintentionally hilarious moment when skylar is quizzing Walt about hank and jnr just goes, "What!?" poor chaps Just getting to grips with is massive revelation that his da is a drug lord and now he's killed his uncle haha such an escalation like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Last two episodes of Breaking Bad extended to 75 minutes each (with commercials). Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I was 50-50 on Walt until the Jane reveal. That was just so cold. I'm now in favour of him dieing having previously been undecided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

D.Q wrote: »
    Unintentionally hilarious moment when skylar is quizzing Walt about hank and jnr just goes, "What!?" poor chaps Just getting to grips with is massive revelation that his da is a drug lord and now he's killed his uncle haha such an escalation like.

Not a unintentionally hilarious moment #2 reading a big breaking bad spoiler when you are several seasons behind. Doh!

GTR63 wrote: »
    Not a unintentionally hilarious moment #2 reading a big breaking bad spoiler when you are several seasons behind. Doh!

You could have stopped reading at Walt :P

Yeah, I'm skipping a lot of the messages here once I see mention of a Breaking Bad character. I'm only starting season 4.

Plus I started watching IT Crowd yesterday for the first time. On the second series now. Very easy to watch

Lads just stay out of the thread so you can fully enjoy the series - seriously S4&5 are some of the best TV in history! There'll be series-ending spoilers around and stuff from previous seasons may be spoiled!

But shouldn't they be Spoiler tagged anyway?
    I know the thread title says Breaking Bad Spoilers, but if the title covered it, then it means that the only people who could come in here are those who are up to date on all 3 of Sons of Anarchy, Star Trek Into Darkness and Breaking Bad.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But shouldn't they be Spoiler tagged anyway? I know the thread title says Breaking Bad Spoilers, but if the title covered it, then it means that the only people who could come in here are those who are up to date on all 3 of Sons of Anarchy, Star Trek Into Darkness and Breaking Bad.

Correct. There's no need for spoiler tags in this thread, there's fair warning in the title. The onus is on the user visiting this thread. Like I haven't started the new Sons season but I'm in this thread - that's on me! This particular thread is for people who want to talk about spoiler-heavy stuff without having to watch what they say. Otherwise just use the off-topic thread where normal spoiler rules apply.

Okay. Cheers! In that case I may be back in here in 2 or 3 weeks when I finally get caught up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't think it's that much hassle just to spoiler the big stuff out of interest to people catching up. For example if I was catching up before getting to S4 of BB I'd still spoiler
    Hank being murdered
    because I'm sure a load of people are catching up before the finale. Not your "Saul was hilarious" stuff but the very big spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Penn wrote: »
    I'll still not watch it on Channel 4. They'll either (badly) edit out some parts of it, or they'll put it on one time for a few weeks, then start moving it about the schedule to the point that it's difficult to watch. It's why I never got through Six Feet Under. They started showing it later and later, and changing the day.... Then it's getting bad viewing figures (because of their mistakes) and they'll sell it off to Sky after two seasons (like they did with Lost and possibly Angel). They can be really ridiculous sometimes.

Starts next Sunday night on RTE 2

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Correct. There's no need for spoiler tags in this thread, there's fair warning in the title. The onus is on the user visiting this thread. Like I haven't started the new Sons season but I'm in this thread - that's on me! This particular thread is for people who want to talk about spoiler-heavy stuff without having to watch what they say. Otherwise just use the off-topic thread where normal spoiler rules apply.

Would it be possible for people to say what they are discussing at the start of the post?

For example:

Dexter

(skip a couple of lines)

Blah blah blah blah purple monkey dishwasher.

Would drastically reduce accidental spoilers, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anyone temped to avoid the second last episode of BB and watching it and the last back to back?

Probably mean you'd have to avoid the internet for a week:(

on sons Of Anarchy, new season
    They need to kill Clay now, its absurd he is still alive, Pearlman is great but Christ the character is so played out, same with the mum as well.

Usually there's not much talk of Dexter on the internet but since it finished up last night I had to watch it ASAP. I'm thinking Breaking Bad ruined the grade curve - it makes other shows worse or highlight what could be done and how you can really end a series, that there possibly couldn't be another series because the world came to an end. I wish BB and Dexter weren't on at the same time, now along with Futurama all 3 will be done by the week's end. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just watched breaking bad....nicely set up for the finale

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was about to come in and ask what people thought of the last ever Dexter?

my opinion...obviously dont read till youve seen the last Episode
    Perhaps my expectations were too high and some bits about how it ended were quite apt, like him remembering when Harrison was born and being worried about the effect he could have on his life, Deb "Don't worry you wont break him" so he removed him from his life altogether, but... The Anti-Climax of him taking out the seasons bad guy the way he did, the fact that Harrison is still being raised by a serial killer (albeit it a very nice really hot one he likes), the fact that Deb died and Miami metro and all our favourite characters would be truely torn apart without any silver lining for them to cling to esp when you then consider Harrison's disappearance (presumably though once the tranq wears off the fact that he was with Hanna would at least be reported and nobody would think him dead on Dex's boat.

Ok maybe im being harsh because him sailing off into the sunset obviously couldn't have worked on some levels but it just didn't seem right to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Man gotta feel sorry for Jesse he gets continually kicked in the balls and hasn't got much left even if he does survive,looking forward to the end now,Flynn kills Walt?

Advertisement