Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You clearly didn't stay for the after credits scene in far from home!

You mean when the Fury & Hill keeping an eye on Peter weren't actually Fury & Hill :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You mean when the Fury & Hill keeping an eye on Peter weren't actually Fury & Hill :p

And who did they send a message to and where was he....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,229 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Looks like the cast in Young Rock have been very well chosen. Interesting show no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

started rewatching Metalocalypse recently, i forgot how hilarious and ****ed up with was.

• Advertisement

WandaVision is starting to gather pace now, upping the stakes
    especially with everyone now starting to figure out that something isn't right
    Billy & Tommy being born
    , Pietro's death at Ultron's hand in Avengers: Age Of Ultron being referenced by
    Monica Rambeau, and her being flung out of Wanda's fake reality after referencing that.

And another HYDRA/Agents Of Shield reference with the in show commercial.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WandaVision is starting to gather pace now, upping the stakes
    especially with everyone now starting to figure out that something isn't right
    Billy & Tommy being born
    , Pietro's death at Ultron's hand in Avengers: Age Of Ultron being referenced by
    Monica Rambeau, and her being flung out of Wanda's fake reality after referencing that.

And another HYDRA/Agents Of Shield reference with the in show commercial.

E3 was such a good episode the end shot just show the scale involved in the show, very excited to see where it's all going.

Loughc wrote: »
    E3 was such a good episode the end shot just show the scale involved in the show, very excited to see where it's all going.

It's living up to it's weird, in a good way description early reviewers gave it anyways.

Enjoying Wandavison

Looking at the cast/characters you get an idea where its going. Some of them played a role in the MCU already

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WandaVision this week be like “ok, enough stalling, let’s go!”

That opening scene was incredible. It took me a few seconds to realize what we were seeing, and then when it hits, I was like “oh wow, this is proper Marvel stuff. We are actually getting to see this happen!”

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

That opening scene was incredible. It took me a few seconds to realize what we were seeing, and then when it hits, I was like “oh wow, this is proper Marvel stuff. We are actually getting to see this happen!”

Yeah felt annoyed at the end because I want to know what's happening ha

The show is one of bright things from this lockdown

Lord TSC wrote: »

I guess the show being set 3 weeks post the events of Avengers Endgame, they were bound to reference it somehow, but I wasn't actually expecting them to do it like that, but god damn, yeah we ain't f**king around now....

That and I read an interview where Paul Bettany said, and I'm paraphrasing, that we haven't even scratched the surface, or you've seen nothing yet with the 4 episodes so far.

Anyone watching Superstore on netflix , its ok for a bit of background TV, a few characters are a little stereotypical .

Thought it was a new thing but its actually been going since 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone watching Superstore on netflix , its ok for a bit of background TV, a few characters are a little stereotypical .

Thought it was a new thing but its actually been going since 2015

Ya bro, been watching here. You're on the money re: Stereotypical characters too. The Assistant manager stood out immediately to me as somewhat of a Ron Swanson character.

It is enjoyable enough to throw on and breeze through a couple episodes though. Cheyenne is pretty easy on the eye, has to be said:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Watched a few seasons of Superstore myself. It's an easy watch as you guys said. It goes downhill a few seasons in tho. I found the Mateo character to be annoying as time went on. It is what it is tho.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Cheyenne is pretty easy on the eye, has to be said:p

Amy is way better I think

My god Jarett is a "very token character". The cool guy who loves sports and other cool things

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its an office clone. NBC had great success with it so they tried to recapture it. Characters like Glenn (Michael), Dina (Dwight), Mateo (Oscar), Jonah and Amy (Jim and Pam) are all in the same mold as their counterparts.

Its no office, but its gotta nice charm and the characters grow on you to the point its less of a clone. An easy way to spend 29 mins.

Well holy **** WandaVision. This was holy ****/God damn, in a bloody great way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well holy **** WandaVision. This was holy ****/God damn, in a bloody great way.

Honestly this has been some great tv to be fair. The build and the way each episode is ramping up is very well done.

Honestly this has been some great tv to be fair. The build and the way each episode is ramping up is very well done.

The slow burn, eventual ramping up is proving to be worth it so far. Though some of my friends gave up after episode 3, fools the lot of them.

Then to end it like they did, I actually ****ing screamed. Well done Marvel.

• Advertisement

The slow burn, eventual ramping up is proving to be worth it so far. Though some of my friends gave up after episode 3, fools the lot of them.

Some of my friends gave up after episode 2, I'm imploring Disney to block them from seeing the other episodes, they don't deserve them :P

Some of my friends gave up after episode 2, I'm imploring Disney to block them from seeing the other episodes, they don't deserve them :P

Pull a Wanda and rewind, show them the error of their ways :pac:

I get it's not the usual Marvel fare we're, or some are used to with the movies, but with current circumstances, I'm just glad we've new Marvel stuff.

US Office is next on my list to watch

Looking forward to this weeks wandavision, staying away from all spoilers

Wandavision ****ing hell
    The Xmen have arrived in the MCU

They could also have quietly set up the back door to the eventual Fantastic 4 in last week's episode too. When Hayward was dropping exposition to Monica Rambeau in the aftermath of The Snap & Blip respectively.

Granted it is a stretch, but I wouldn't put is past Feige and Marvel to retcon them into a post Avengers: Endgame world using Hulk's Blip.

They could also have quietly set up the back door to the eventual Fantastic 4 in last week's episode too. When Hayward was dropping exposition to Monica Rambeau in the aftermath of The Snap & Blip respectively.

Granted it is a stretch, but I wouldn't put is past Feige and Marvel to retcon them into a post Avengers: Endgame world using Hulk's Blip.

I wonder has
    $$$ played its part and a bulk of the xmen cast will reprise their roles in the MCU. James Mcavoy as X, Fassbender as Magneto etc. Hard to knw with Wolverine.

I wonder has
    $$$ played its part and a bulk of the xmen cast will reprise their roles in the MCU. James Mcavoy as X, Fassbender as Magneto etc. Hard to knw with Wolverine.

Definitely keep those you've mentioned, that's IF they want to continue in those roles. Ryan Reynolds too, though that's a given with Deadpool 3 already in the works.

Recast the rest.

Definitely keep those you've mentioned, that's IF they want to continue in those roles. Ryan Reynolds too, though that's a given with Deadpool 3 already in the works.

Recast the rest.

Would love a
    sort of continuation from Fox's X Men
    cutting out the
    origin stories

Would love a
    sort of continuation from Fox's X Men
    cutting out the
    origin stories

I'd say since the deal went through, that continuity is dead and buried, with the exception of whatever parts/bits that Feige and Marvel want to cherry pick from.

Though they clearly have the set up for it in place with WandaVision, and comics spoilers coming,
    given it does adapt from The House Of M story arc, where Wanda eventually utters the line No More Mutants.

I can see them pulling a reverse of that comic arc, combining it with the CMBR energy from the Blip from Endgame and voila.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, oh man.

You can see Wandavision becoming required Marvel content more and more each week. Adding to the universe in bigger ways. And this weeks is straight up “this changes the universe forever” level of canon content.

Loving it.

Advertisement