Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Was about to come in and ask what people thought of the last ever Dexter?

my opinion...obviously dont read till youve seen the last Episode
    Opinion

I totally agree!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the bold is just so this stands out no mod action being taken here...

Remember people this is not the TV forum and this thread is the SPOILER thread with that very clearly noted in the title. I put my last post in here in spoiler tags but people are not expected / required to do that so if you come in here be prepared that some things may be spoiled on you. This is especially relevant at the moment with shows like Breaking Bad & Dexter having their final ever episodes so please take note of it, as there will be nobody but yourselves to blame if you come into a clearly marked SPOILER thread after such things have aired and ruin them for yourself.

im sure most of you know all that yourself but worth saying again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Sorry about the last day I would of only read them anyway as I have missed the last few weeks of BB on TG4 & would of stayed reading the spoilers anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone see Agents of SHIELD which started last night?

Loved it myself. Does a good job establishing the ensemble, plays off plot points from the Avengers Universe, good humor. Really enjoyed the first episode, and can't wait to see how they deal with Coulson's return to life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Anyone see Agents of SHIELD which started last night?

Loved it myself. Does a good job establishing the ensemble, plays off plot points from the Avengers Universe, good humor. Really enjoyed the first episode, and can't wait to see how they deal with Coulson's return to life biggrin.png

I could have done without the references to the books though.
    "Journey into mystery"; "origin story"; Spider-Man catchphrase nod...

I'm interested in seeing what they've actually got to play with. Whether the series'll just be a reaction to the films or maybe they'll throw someone like Wonder Man in there. Or Stilt-Man. tongue.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Enjoyed the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premiere,a lot like Heroes or Alphas though hopefully it can distinguish itself long term!

not a spoiler this time in the SPOILER thread but if anyone is interested, this sunday is when the last ever episode of Breaking Bad airs :(

but on a positive note it also sees the return of the following:

Homeland
    Eastbound & Down
    The Simpsons
    Bob’s Burgers
    Family Guy
    American Dad

then 2 weeks later is the return of The Walking Dead.

South park returned last night as did Modern Family and Roddy Piper made a 2nd appearance on It's always Sunny in Philadelphia. Shark Tank returned last week as did HIMYM's final season this week (monday) and the Big Bang Theory returns tonight in the states. also

Homeland, Eastbound & Down, Bob's Burgers & The Walking Dead would be my highlights there but id imagine some of those might appeal to others too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I only follow Homeland from them. I watch the Simpsons if it's on, but dont follow it like I used to. Same for American Dad and South Park. Completely lost interest in Bob's Burger's about three episodes into last season. Family Guy I wait and get the DVD set of.

I watch Modern Family too, but tend to let the episodes build up so I can watch more than one at a time. New Girl and The Middle fell out of my viewing last season.

Bad Education will be finished again soon so I'll have that to watch soon.

Off the top of my head, I have Breaking Bad (:(), Sons of Anarchy, Homeland, Person of Interest, The Mentalist and Bones in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Even though the series has gone a bit t!ts up since Ashton Kutcher replaced Charlie Sheen, Season 11 of Two and Half Men also starts tonight with the introduction of a new character to replace Jake. Kutcher's character is just woeful, though Alan still provides some funny moments.

Anybody watch the Life and Times of Tim I caught it the odd time during the summer in the insomniac slot on rte two. Very funny in a strange kinda way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Massive Tim fan. And Stuballs! Very sad it got cancelled but at least we got 3 seasons out of it.

One of my favourite moments:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Watched the latest HIMYM there at lunch - serious case of "for the love of god get on with it"

Charisteas wrote: »
    Even though the series has gone a bit t!ts up since Ashton Kutcher replaced Charlie Sheen, Season 11 of Two and Half Men also starts tonight with the introduction of a new character to replace Jake. Kutcher's character is just woeful, though Alan still provides some funny moments.

That went to the dogs long before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone catch new show The Blacklist, good opening episode and James Spader is great as Redd

Is that new show with Dean Norris (Hank from Breaking Bad) any good?

Under the dome isn't it, didn't watch it the plot seems a bit off for my tastes.

GTA5 STOCK TIP

Lester's missions directly affect stock prices - so if you buy the right stock beforehand you can make a ton. Don't be too greedy - if stock levels out over 2 days, sell immediately. Hold out too long and it'll drop sharply.

Mission 1 - Lester puts money on and you'll get a cut. EDIT : YOU CAN'T PUT money on LifeInvader's competition. So so nothing

Mission 2 - buy DEBonaire cigarettes all you can, when it reaches 80% profit, sell all and buy Redwood - wait 2 days and you'll have about 300% profit.

If a dude gets his bike stolen and you return it, he'll repay u with $100,000 in stock. It doesn't move so I'd suggest investing in debonaire. It happened to me as Franklin.

If you've started a mission and can't switch, just fail out and change characters and buy stock with all 3 guys.

JAMES735 has a great post summarising Stock Tips with the least amount of spoilers possible.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86731672&postcount=166

jaykhunter wrote: »
    One of my favourite moments:

Must of watched that clip 5 times today alone. So funny.
    Getting a bit jaded with GTA at the minute a lot of the missions seem to be a wee bit copy n paste & weird saints row-ish side missions that are totally out of the pace of the main plot. Must have done 5/6 assassination side missions before I spotted that Jayk o:

GTR63 wrote: »
    Must of watched that clip 5 times today alone. So funny.
    Getting a bit jaded with GTA at the minute a lot of the missions seem to be a wee bit copy n paste & weird saints row-ish side missions that are totally out of the pace of the main plot. Must have done 5/6 assassination side missions before I spotted that Jayk o:

I'm the opposite, I'm loving it. But, I'm not just doing constant missions. I'm doing races, parachute jumps, strip clubs, submarine parts, strangers, everything.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, I'm loving it. But, I'm not just doing constant missions. I'm doing races, parachute jumps, strip clubs, submarine parts, strangers, everything.

Its probably because I did 2 Heists back to back & have to rob another van/truck again to start another one again about 3 hours later it felt really familiar. Not sure can I go back into town with Michael or Trevor & have done all the other Missions up to that with Franklin. I hated
    the strangers mission with Trevor & Michael where you shootm the Clowns/Aliens came across as a parody of a parody.
    Only went to 1 strip club, don`t want to have to explain to anyone who walks in on me getting a virtual lap dance. :o

• Advertisement

The steam controller looks erm interesting.
    controller_thumb.jpg

Genuinely one of the strangest controllers I ever seen.

controller_bindings_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Final eppy of IT Crowd tonight :(

GTR63 wrote: »
    The steam controller pics

Without the push to talk buttons etc I think it could be good. Provided it actually works of course.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Final eppy of IT Crowd tonight :(

had no idea they were even doing another episode, sucks its a last one but i do feel that show needs some closure and im looking forward to another ep albeit a last one.

Also cheers GTR/Jayk (that clip did it) for putting the life and times of tim back into my mind, almost watched a full season since it was mentioned here.

Also cheers GTR/Jayk (that clip did it) for putting the life and times of tim back into my mind, almost watched a full season since it was mentioned here.

Do they scat in Germany, scat or your fired!
    Oh that is a double entendre if I ever heard one :eek:
    :o

Dean Norris (Hank from Breaking Bad) is in Dublin next week he tweeted to his near quarter of a million followers.

If you like Bob`s Burgers give Home Movies a go, its a similar type of humor & McGuirk is such an awesome character.

ha, think ill end up watching this, love anything voiced by that lad especially Archer tbh.

I've been talking to BH about changing this thread to an all-purpose TV/Movie/Game thread, where you can talk about any of those old or new, but if you want to talk about spoilers, use spoiler tags. What do you think, is that preferable? Please reply here (or like the comment), let us know yes or no

• Advertisement

On Jayk's idea above, a spoiler thread is great but looking at the thread title in recent times and how cluttered/busy it has been maybe a more general one would make sense as it is hard to warn folk what might get spoiled on them and what might not if they were to come in here, although it might mean computer game (GTA V etc) would end up moved back into the Off topic thread.

Advertisement