Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I have a few friends who are just waiting until all the episodes are up to watch Wandavision

I told them it gets good, I can't say much more to change their mind without giving it away. They'd both be quite big
    X-Men fans and would love the Quicksilver reveal.

I much prefer getting stuff week to week, last 3 Fridays soon as I get home from work I have something to watch and look forward to

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I do get the appeal of binge watching. I’m watching Cobra Kai for the first time right now, and it’s a,axing. And part of that feeling of excitement comes from rolling from episode to episode. And I think it was written accordingly.

But honestly....WandaVision feels like it was written to be watched weekly, and have people talking about it in between episodes, theorizing about things. The Sword group feel like fans, theorizing about things, but things like today’s episode....imagine if you didn’t have a week to actually let that settle in? The sheer ramifications of what happened, not just on the show but on the entire Marvel Universe. Imagine how much the impact would be lessened if you rolled straight into another episode.

I’m enjoying hitting the subreddits and having them dissect an episode apart, in a way that never happens when an entire series gets dropped at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could
    vision and wandas kids end up growing up to be part of the fantastic 4 or another mutant/superhero

Exciting times if your a fan of the MCU

• Registered Users Posts: 29,039 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could
    vision and wandas kids end up growing up to be part of the fantastic 4 or another mutant/superhero

Exciting times if your a fan of the MCU

With regard your spoiler. Comic spoilers within
    In the comics, they're Young Avengers by the name of Speed and Wiccan

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've a theory, and I've already sort of mentioned above about the Fantastic 4, but I think the Aerospace Engineer that Monica said she knows, maybe could be
    Reed Richards

Or maybe it could even be
    RiRi Williams
    possibly.. who eventually goes on to become
    Ironheart

I'm struggling to remember other MCU characters who'd fit into the Aerospace Engineer category.

• Advertisement

Given the mention of
    cosmic radiation and space missions
    last week, and now a great aerospace engineer, it feels like
    Fantastic Four
    origin story will be one of SWORD agents who are on a mission gone wrong.

Seen a Variety article on Twitter earlier, with 9 characters they think are likely to turn up in WandaVision.
    Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Ultron, Hawkeye
    Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Magneto (Ian McKellen)
    Mephisto disguised as someone else
    But I think we're all assuming this one will happen anyways.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seen a Variety article on Twitter earlier, with 9 characters they think are likely to turn up in WandaVision.
    Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Ultron, Hawkeye
    Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Magneto (Ian McKellen)
    Mephisto disguised as someone else
    But I think we're all assuming this one will happen anyways.

Can we have
    A buddy group with Hulk, Drax, The Thing and Beast

Next up after WandaVision.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wandavision is the first show in a while which I consider appointment television. I feel I need to watch it ASAP once doing so is possible. Unfortunately now cos there are so many streaming services out there and not everyone has them all nor is everyone (despite what it might seem like online) the likes to download whatever they can't stream there don't seem to be any water cooler shows anymore as I am sure if this was 5/10 years ago everyone in work would be discussing this the day after it aired.

Falcon & Winter Soldier does look great too although I don't think it is going to be as different as WV that's for sure.

• Advertisement

That's pretty much why all these "reality tv" shows and the likes of I'm A Celebrity exist, for people to talk about.
    Since I've no interest in those or things like football, I tend to be quiet in conversations

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Line of Duty is pretty much the only series I'd call a water cooler show these days.

Gina Carano has been fired from The Mandalorian

The final straw seems to be a post on social media saying being a Republican today is akin to being Jewish during the Holocaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,163 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey have been cast as Joel and Ellie in HBO's The Last of Us series.

Not mad on the Pascal pick, mainly because he's in everything these days. Bella Ramsey is a good shout as Ellie though.

Can imagine the meeting about who to cast.

"So who do we get to play Joel?"
    "How about the guy from Game of Thrones?"
    "Pedro Pascal? I love it!"
    *suggester being happy to have their idea selected even though he meant Nikolaj Coster-Waldau*
    "And for Ellie?"
    "How about the girl from Game of Thrones?"
    "Bella Ramey? Great idea!"
    *suggester being happy to have their idea selected even though they meant Maisie Williams*

• Registered Users Posts: 86,229 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kaitlyn Dever would be better as Ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I always thought Kaitlyn Dever looked the part but was too old, similar to Elliot Page a few years ago. I was shocked to find out Bella Ramsey is 17 so will probably be 18 by the time they're shooting. Looking forward to the show, I think Pascal is an excellent actor, he wouldn't have been top of my list but I think it's a good choice.

Gina Carano was easily the part I liked least in Mandalorian so I'm glad she's gone regardless of the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,229 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Bella was younger

S.W.O.R.D & Hayward are just hell bent on antagonizing Wanda, you'd think after her warning they'd back off, but no
    with Vision stepping outside the Hex
    , and
    Billy being able to sense Vision in trouble and saying soldiers
    setting off Wanda,
    causing her to expand the Hex and bringing the SWORD base and everyone on it, into her warped reality

Oh and the
    comic book costumes for Wanda, Vision, Pietro
    , and the
    Full House x Malcolm In The Middle vibes

Also I think, and pure speculation, the engineer could be
    Fitz from Agents Of Shield, based solely on Monica saying her contact was a guy

Sucks having to wait a week for Episode 7.

Wandvision
    So, I'm working on the assumption that "Pietro" isn't actually her brother or the X-Men version.

From what he says, he's trying to say he's her Pietro, but he got the face wrong, and he is inconsistant in some of his story, saying he remembers nothing about what happened between him dying and arriving at her door, while also knowing Vision is dead.

I'm leaning towards him being the big bad, who wanted to get closer to her and chose Pietro's body to inhabit, but accidently plucked the wrong Pietro from the multiverse and is covering it up. Hence the recasting.

He refers to the kids as "demon spawn" at one point too which is either a massive red herring or a big hint of who he is.

Also find it interesting that Monica is getting her powers from being in the Hex. Will everyone who went in and out get powers? Is it just people who were snapped? Is that how they'll go down the mutant route, with Wanda accidently causing the Hex to expand even larger, creating a load of muta....uh, magicly created super powered people.

Also very curious who Monica's engineer friend is. Thought it was a throwaway reference to Reed Richards last week but now we're actually going to get to meet whoever it is, I can't see them introducing him here. I'd love Fitz though :P

Also, loved the kid's Wiccan costume too.

• Advertisement

How I worry I feel when I'm talking to people who don't know about characters like Wiccan and theorizing about big bads in Wandavision...

tenor.gif?itemid=8129861

Odds on
    Darcy sporting the Max from 2 Broke Girls look in next week's episode
    ? :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wandvision
    So, I'm working on the assumption that "Pietro" isn't actually her brother or the X-Men version.

From what he says, he's trying to say he's her Pietro, but he got the face wrong, and he is inconsistant in some of his story, saying he remembers nothing about what happened between him dying and arriving at her door, while also knowing Vision is dead.

Also very curious who Monica's engineer friend is. Thought it was a throwaway reference to Reed Richards last week but now we're actually going to get to meet whoever it is, I can't see them introducing him here. I'd love Fitz though :P
    When you say that about the face, maybe Pietro was created by whatever is doing this and got the MCU Pietro mixed up with the Fox Pietro somehow.

As for Reed, I don't think they would introduce a character like that outside the movies, unless they plan on launching the Fantastic 4 as a series instead of film

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When you say that about the face, maybe Pietro was created by whatever is doing this and got the MCU Pietro mixed up with the Fox Pietro somehow.

As for Reed, I don't think they would introduce a character like that outside the movies, unless they plan on launching the Fantastic 4 as a series instead of film

While I’d tend to agree with the idea they won’t introduce anything so big in wandavision, Marvel seem to be treating these as on par with the movies in terms of importance. It’s no secret that whatever is happening in Wandavision ties in with Doctor Strange 2 on some level, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they wanted to reaffirm the stance that ALL Marvel content is required viewing.

Having a massive cameo from someone like that would both solidify the importance of staying up to date with the shows, it would in turn force everyone into watching all future shows too, giving Falcon and Winter Solider a boost. Asking people afraid to miss an episode is important when you are trying to keep viewers attached.

Yeah I guess having
    Reed Richards
    show up in Wandavision in a cameo would be a great way to do a big casting announcement but save
    the Fantastic Four story
    for the film.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s autobiographical NBC comedy “Young Rock” has found its Vince McMahon in comedian Adam Ray, TheWrap has learned. Additionally, the role of “Macho Man” Randy Savage is being played by Kevin Makely, we’re told.

Photos and other casting news at the link
    https://www.thewrap.com/young-rock-vince-mcmahon-adam-ray-macho-man-randy-savage-kevin-makely-dwayne-johnson/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,163 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Attack on Titan is the best TV around at the moment, in my opinion, and I say that as someone with little to no interest in anime. Completely hooked on it.

The Flash film has finally started filming.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When is this starting ?

In the words of New Kids on the Block
    "Tonight, Tonight! la la la la la la Tonight!"

At least in the States. Doesn't look like there's a broadcaster here yet

Advertisement