Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Attack on Titan is the best TV around at the moment, in my opinion, and I say that as someone with little to no interest in anime. Completely hooked on it.

Great show. I've also not watched much anime (though I absolutely love animation) but watched the first season on netflix multiple times. I subscribed to funimation for a while to catch up on it a couple years ago, must do it again. Didn't realise how many episodes I've missed til I googled it there

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    In the words of New Kids on the Block
    "Tonight, Tonight! la la la la la la Tonight!"

At least in the States. Doesn't look like there's a broadcaster here yet

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 29,039 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great show. I've also not watched much anime (though I absolutely love animation) but watched the first season on netflix multiple times. I subscribed to funimation for a while to catch up on it a couple years ago, must do it again. Didn't realise how many episodes I've missed til I googled it there

It's on its last season.
    I'm watching the dub which is about 4 episodes behind.

Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the best anime series I've seen, in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 23,163 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

One of the few shows that just gets better and better with every season and it looks like it's ending on an incredible high.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Young Rock's opening minutes setting up a future run for President of America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

As someone that usually has no interest in anime but enjoys animated shows (Ive enjoyed the news Transformers reboot for example), why should I watch Attack on Titan?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,163 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

beakerjoe wrote: »
    As someone that usually has no interest in anime but enjoys animated shows (Ive enjoyed the news Transformers reboot for example), why should I watch Attack on Titan?

Great story, full of mystery that only gets better and better season after season. The world-building is incredible.

Fantastic action scenes, albeit with some brutal violence and that may turn some off.

What made it for me is the over-the-top cringey stuff I'd normally associate with anime (although I really shouldn't judge that stuff being a wrestling fan and all) is in fairly short supply. A few exposition-heavy monologues and a battle cry here and there but it doesn't detract from it really, the characters are fairly grounded and logical for the most part.

The music is something else too.

I would give it the first 7 episodes. That's what hooked me and most people I'd say. They're only 22 minutes.

I watched a few with subtitles and a few with English voice actors. I'd recommend the subtitles. The Japanese voice actors really give it socks!

J. Marston did a good summary of it. It's got a really good story with arcs that are often told across multiple episodes with great action. I personally love the brutality of it, and the Japanese quirkiness that's thrown in for a bit of humour.

I do think the dialogue can be a bit OTT more than I'd like but even that has a charm to it that you get used to - I watch the English dubbed version myself as I find the subtitles a little distracting from the artwork so I'm sure that adds to the OTT delivery of the dialogue. I wouldn't say it's cheesy but it does have its moments.

I thought it was pretty confusing at the start, I didn't recognise who many individual characters were or fully grasp what was going on in a couple of the early world-building episodes but once it got going I was hooked. And rewatching the series after made me like those first few episodes a lot more so that criticism might have been my own fault for not paying attention :P

And the soundtrack is great, I have a bunch of them added to my Spotify playlists.

I think watching now would be a big benefit as don't have the really long waits between seasons.

Young Rock was okay. Outside of 1 or 2 bits I didn't find it funny. Maybe future episodes will be an improvement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Red band trailer for the new Mortal Kombat movie.

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1362434028679364608

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Young Rock was okay. Outside of 1 or 2 bits I didn't find it funny. Maybe future episodes will be an improvement

90% of it was shown in trailers.

But that also means very little of the rest of the season has been, so it leaves me intrigued.

WandaVision every week :pac:

EumbMlkXYAAEHZK?format=jpg&name=small

EumbMz9XEAEhl_4?format=jpg&name=medium

As for this week's episode, they've revealed how it'll connect to the next Doctor Strange & Spider-Man films,
    and how Wanda might've had her powers all along, geez now that I think about it, it might also connect loosely with the Loki show

Was sort of disappointed we
    didn't get Darcy in her 2 Broke Girls get up
    though she did fill in the blanks for Vision

And
    Agnes, now we know, the veils off

The
    bit with Monica & Pietro, that is where I'd imagine where episode 8 will pick up next Friday

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    As for this week's episode, they've revealed how it'll connect to the next Doctor Strange & Spider-Man films,
    and how Wanda might've had her powers all along, geez now that I think about it, it might also connect loosely with the Loki show

Was sort of disappointed we
    didn't get Darcy in her 2 Broke Girls get up
    though she did fill in the blanks for Vision

And
    Agnes, now we know, the veils off

The
    bit with Monica & Pietro, that is where I'd imagine where episode 8 will pick up next Friday

Could you elaborate more on your first point

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could you elaborate more on your first point

Can do, Basically just a minor retcon of MCU Wanda's origin, that she may not actually have gotten her powers from Strucker's experiments,
    but is instead, and all along has been a Nexus Being

That and the in show ad break is a reference from the comics, and I've just taken this from a quick google search.
    In the comics, the Nexus refers to the Nexus of All Realities, the Nexus forms a cross-dimensional gateway that provides access to all possible realities and is a place where all the realities of the multiverse intersect. Wanda Maximoff herself is often referred to as a Nexus Being, a multiversal anchor who serves to protect us from threats outside our reality.

And we know from the trailer, that the
    TVA
    will be in the Loki series, it's
    their mission to protect the timeline of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Anyone who attempts to use time travel to alter either the past or future has to answer to them.

It's a working theory :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ok where can I watch Attack on Titan now? Doesn't seem to be on Netflix

Spider-Man: No Way Home is the title of the 3rd film.

Loki starts streaming on Disney+ on the 11th of June.

Watched episode 2 of Young Rock and I won't be watching anymore terrible stuff.

• Advertisement

What's the new superman series out ? He's married and has kids

Watched episode 2 of Young Rock and I won't be watching anymore terrible stuff.

Got it, decided I couldn't be bothered, skipped through and deleted it.
    Aired in the Sates last night. No one has picked it up here yet.

Maybe someone here knows the answer to this. If I have a Disney Plus sub, can I share with my brother in another country as long as that country also has Disney Plus?

Got it, decided I couldn't be bothered, skipped through and deleted it.

Aired in the Sates last night. No one has picked it up here yet.

Maybe someone here knows the answer to this. If I have a Disney Plus sub, can I share with my brother in another country as long as that country also has Disney Plus?

Yes you should be able to, It will just tell you that you that we noticed that you are traveling and the same content won't be available etc.

enjoyed the David Arquette documentary, for a so called nerd he does/did have some luck with the women. Courtney Cox in her prime and he is wife now jesus

He was one of the better actors turned wrestlers, surprised WWE didn't try and work with him more.

Ok where can I watch Attack on Titan now? Doesn't seem to be on Netflix

That's annoying, season 1 must have left recently enough. I assume Crunchyroll and Funimation still have it, you could do the free trial to see what you think of it.

Yes you should be able to, It will just tell you that you that we noticed that you are traveling and the same content won't be available etc.

Cool. Was thinking they may be suspicious watching from 2 countries. Will see if he wants it tomorrow.

loving the new Syfy series 'Resident Alien' thats on Sky. its a bit mad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

enjoyed the David Arquette documentary, for a so called nerd he does/did have some luck with the women. Courtney Cox in her prime and he is wife now jesus

He was one of the better actors turned wrestlers, surprised WWE didn't try and work with him more.

WUT?

His wife is Jesus? :P

There's almost too much quality content these days. It's hard to keep up. I see Paramount have a new streaming service coming out soon (Paramount plus, because, of course), and there's a reboot of Rugrats coming, with the original cast involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its the CW Network, and is based on a Superman who has popped up in their other shows before. He's been in Supergirl and the crossovers with Arrow/Flash/Batwoman.

I like the idea of having a show based on an "older" Superman, who has a history. But I'd imagine how you feel about it will be based on how you feel about the usual CW stuff. A heavier focus on family drama rather than the superhero stuff. Talks in hallways, drama derived from keeping secrets unnecessarily, and building resentment rather than talking out issues.

As someone who enjoys the CW shows though, it's right up my alley :P

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    WUT?

His wife is Jesus? :P

Bloody predictive text ha, Meant to say his wife now is quality

Advertisement