Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I am playing AC 3 at the moment I know wtih the GTA going on it's a small step back in time, but I realised its a difficult game to get through, without the scenery of Italy its a bit bland,
    I originally played up till the end of sequence 4 and gave up as it was painful to get through left it a while and now im only doing the main story its do-able, I thought I'd try them out and i gotta say I'm surprisingly likeing the Boat missions.

Best series ending goes to Blackadder goes forth, that is a very powerful end of a series.
    Really like that ending, more impressive was the editing they did after they felt it looked like crap when they recorded it.

I have tried to enjoy AC3 but its infuriating to get through, I got up to Sequence 9 & I had to stop, it was making me hate playing games. Its the poster boy of modern games that are released in an unfinished state. Haven`t touched GTA V in a week & i`m not even halfway through it :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

GTR63 wrote: »
    Really like that ending, more impressive was the editing they did after they felt it looked like crap when they recorded it.

I have tried to enjoy AC3 but its infuriating to get through, I got up to Sequence 9 & I had to stop, it was making me hate playing games. Its the poster boy of modern games that are released in an unfinished state. Haven`t touched GTA V in a week & i`m not even halfway through it :o

I didnt get gta v I know Il never leave my xbox when I do. I just want the conclusion to the big story arc in AC so Il more than likely get the pirate version, but it really is how not to release a game

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I just want the conclusion to the big story arc in AC

Yeah, good luck with that.

Was a huge fan of the AC series and rank AC2 as one of the best games I've ever played. But they are seriously milking it at this stage and have sacrificed story and characters in order to continue with the annual releases.

I'll still get AC4, but having spent €100 on last year's special edition and €80 on the previous year's special edition, I'll just be going for the bog-standard edition this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, good luck with that.

Was a huge fan of the AC series and rank AC2 as one of the best games I've ever played. But they are seriously milking it at this stage and have sacrificed story and characters in order to continue with the annual releases.

I'll still get AC4, but having spent €100 on last year's special edition and €80 on the previous year's special edition, I'll just be going for the bog-standard edition this year.

I have been lucky to get a free copy when AC 3 got released so I don't feel to bad about it, but all I want is dezmond made into a character that I could actually follow and like and he goes around saving the world for a game to end it*.

*at the end someone gets out of an animus in the future animus ception :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

[...] I'll just be going for the bog-standard edition this year.

Doing the same. At which point I'll see whether Black Flag deserves those numerals. Not tired of the AC world yet but all those bells and whistles are making a lot of noise, y'know? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Any know why the Animated shows (The Simpsons & Bob's Burgers) most recent episodes were Halloween episodes? they are hardly already taking a break till after this month considering that was only ep2 in both of their new seasons.

Also Breaking Bad the musical! yep just read that this will be a thing in 2014.

Got loads of TV to catch up with atm actually, a 3hr Raw and a PPV on Sun/Mon (plus just being busy in general) means I fall behind on Sundays animated shows from the states along with Homeland, Eastbound & Down, Boardwalk Empire (actually got all the new eps of season 4 ready to watch) and now new Sons of Anarchy & Agents of Shield especially when the missus insists I watch new HIMYM on tuesdays. Still got half of the 1st season of Ray Donovan waiting to be watched too, plus my UK panel shows are back like never mind the buzzcocks (doesent seem half as funny these days to me tho) and Mock The Week. Then tommorow I will add new Always Sunny & South Park to that list... maybe I need to stop watching so much

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Any know why the Animated shows (The Simpsons & Bob's Burgers) most recent episodes were Halloween episodes? they are hardly already taking a break till after this month considering that was only ep2 in both of their new seasons.

It's Fox's decision - Simpsons' time slot is bumped for airing live baseball for the rest of the month. So Simpsons can either go on too early, or after Halloween when nobody cares. I know, right! Kang & Kodos've made fun of this timing on the show itself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Two TV show thoughts.

I've watched 6 series of Hell's Kitchen US now. Have to admit it's one of my favorite shows. Just running through the last 6 seasons of it. Such a great "Reality" show. IT'S ****ING RAAAAAW!

The Crazy Ones, with Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar, has a tonne of potential. Episode 2 was far better than episode 1 in my opinion, where it seemed to go a bit whacky for the comed. The characters have some real potential and the improv bits with Williams are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

Chicago fire is back in sky next week. Can't wait. Also 2 broke girls is next week. Anyone watch these shows

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's Fox's decision - Simpsons' time slot is bumped for airing live baseball for the rest of the month. So Simpsons can either go on too early, or after Halloween when nobody cares. I know, right! Kang & Kodos've made fun of this timing on the show itself.

thought it might have something to do with American sports, speaking of American sports related TV shows, really enjoyed this weeks Eastbound & Down just now,
    always like seing Kenny doing well.
    <not really a spoiler at all

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Chicago fire is back in sky next week. Can't wait. Also 2 broke girls is next week. Anyone watch these shows

two broke girls has been back for a few weeks in the states, it's one of the few shows my missus watches that I will watch with her, can be good fun and stuffed full of innuendos.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,229 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cena wrote: »

Chicago Fire is great

Looks like Ireland is getting it's own animated adult comedy - Newsbag airs Saturday 12th October 2013 at 10pm on 3e

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

two broke girls has been back for a few weeks in the states, it's one of the few shows my missus watches that I will watch with her, can be good fun and stuffed full of innuendos.

I'm watching irish paste

I got through the first season (6 episodes only :() of Rectify recently, very good show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just seen Runner Runner , started pretty good and the build was going well but the end was kinda meh

All I watch is Mountain Men, Storage, Shipping and Property Wars(quite a lot of fast food tv I know). Aside from the sports. Gave Celebrity Apprentice a shot until they got rid of Eddie Durkin, after ONE episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I got through the first season (6 episodes only :() of Rectify recently, very good show

Its more than very good, its absolutlely magnificent, gorgeous and some superb performances.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its more than very good, its absolutlely magnificent, gorgeous and some superb performances.

The lead actor is mesmerising in the role

SHIELD episode 2 (For those who somehow manage to avoid spoilers that are everywhere online).
    FURY! Loved the post-credit scene. Hope more characters pop up in the world.

I just so far don't really care about any of the characters on the show even Coulson :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I just so far don't really care about any of the characters on the show even Coulson :o

That's exactly how I feel, not a bad show otherwise but they need to work on that and fast or ill stop watching which is a pity because ive a feeling with a little tweaking it could be the new Chuck.

• Advertisement

Watched the first episode of Sleepy Hollow, gave up about 2 minutes after realising its set in modern day New York. Just why? Could not get into Agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D either.
    Watching Tim a fair but though after that Jayk post earlier got me back into it.

Watched the first episode of Sleepy Hollow, gave up about 2 minutes after realising its set in modern day New York. Just why? Could not get into Agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D either.
    Watching Tim a fair but though after that Jayk post earlier got me back into it.

yeah watched all three seasons again after he posted that, quality show

100% sure I am missing a lot (inc older classics like Only fools etc) I can't think of but here are what I consider "my shows" which i'd reccomend to others

US Dramas:

Oz, The Sopranos, Justified, The Shield, The West Wing, Lost,The Newsroom, The Walking Dead, Dexter, The Wire, Sports Night, 24, Generation Kill, Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad, Californication, Friday Night Lights, Entourage, Game of thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy, Hannibal, True Blood,(Dramadies) Teachers, Chuck, (Reality) The Celeb Aprentice

1/2 good seasons:

Prison Break & Heroes

Animated:

The Life & Times of Tim, Family Guy, Bobs Burgers, The Boondocks, South Park, Archer, God, the Devil and Bob, Futurama, The Ricky Gervais Show, The Simpsons, American Dad!

Quiz show comedies:

Would I Lie to You?, Mock the Week, Never mind the buzzcocks, 8 out of 10 Cats,

Comedies:

Arrested Development, Peep Show, Seinfeld, Extras, The IT crowd, Father Ted, Brasseye, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Eastbound and Down, Black Books, Episodes, Red Dwarf

yeah watched all three seasons again after he posted that, quality show

100% sure I am missing a lot (inc older classics like Only fools etc) I can't think of but here are what I consider "my shows" which i'd reccomend to others

US Dramas:

Oz, The Sopranos, Justified, The Shield, The West Wing, Lost,The Newsroom, The Walking Dead, Dexter, The Wire, Sports Night, 24, Generation Kill, Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad, Californication, Friday Night Lights, Entourage, Game of thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy, Hannibal, True Blood,(Dramadies) Teachers, Chuck, (Reality) The Celeb Aprentice

1/2 good seasons:

Prison Break & Heroes

Animated:

The Life & Times of Tim, Family Guy, Bobs Burgers, The Boondocks, South Park, Archer, God, the Devil and Bob, Futurama, The Ricky Gervais Show, The Simpsons, American Dad!

Comedies:

Arrested Development, Peep Show, Seinfeld, Extras, The IT crowd, Father Ted, Brasseye, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Eastbound and Down, Black Books, Episodes, Red Dwarf

God, the Devil & Bob? Haven`t heard that in a LONG time.
    Surely Partridge & Frasier gets into Comedies bar the last season or two in the latter its great. Anyone watch Bottom?

What is Archer like, never seen it but heard its good.

God, the Devil & Bob? Haven`t heard that in a LONG time.
    Surely Partridge & Frasier gets into Comedies bar the last season or two in the latter its great. Anyone watch Bottom?

What is Archer like, never seen it but heard its good.

wish they made more of God The Devil & Bob personally, but it was ahead of it's time and people objected to it so it got cancelled, now a days with all the animated comedies I dont think itd have any problems

Archer is awesome and I guarantee it'l be like pringles for you (advertisers love a fellah like me) once you pop you can't stop. Really flew through the episodes first time I watched it. Same guy who voices Bob from Bobs Burgers does the lead voice too. to liken it to other things on TV umm, take James Bond mix it with Arrested Development & Bobs Burgers and you have Archer!

Yes those shows would get in there and Bottom was pure gold too, though as I said it was the classics (older meaning of classics) that slipped my mind as I wrote that though generally that mightnt be a bad thing as usually people wouldnt want you to reccomend a show from the early 90s to them these days, for instance Fawlty Towers & Blackadder would def be there for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

For the last three years Archer has been the best animated comedy or animated tv show on television. Hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,039 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sleepy Hollow is probably be the best new series of the season, in my opinion. I didn't have high expectations going into it but I was wrong.

For animated series, I really like the new Turtles. Very funny and, again, one which I didn't expect to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Sleepy Hollow is far and away my favourite new show this year. It doesn't take itself too seriously and it's just a lot of fun. Also not enough people watch Gravity Falls, it's a wonderful little show.

Just finished AC 3 to anyone who has.... What did I just go through

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just finished AC 3 to anyone who has.... What did I just go through
    Ubisoft realising they shot themselves in the foot in the first game by saying the big event would happen in 2012, then deciding they want to keep the franchise going so they created a new, bigger threat.

But story-wise, when Those Who Came Before (Juno, Minerva, Jupiter and others) were trying to find ways to save humanity before the first solar flare happened, Juno went crazy and the others imprisoned her. Since then, Juno was playing the Assassins and Templars against each other from behind the scenes, and needed Desmond to free her from her prison. If the solar flare happened, most of humanity would be killed and Juno wouldn't be freed, so she needed Desmond to save the world. But by doing so, she'd be freed and might be a bigger threat to humanity than the solar flare, as she's from the First Civilisation. Desmond decided that other people might be able to stop Juno, but he was the only one who could stop the solar flare, so he sacrificed himself. So now the main present-day antagonist in future games will likely be Juno in some shape or form, and there'll likely be stuff in the past that the other Those Who Came Before gods will need you to do to help you stop Juno in the present day.

• Advertisement

Ubisoft realising they shot themselves in the foot in the first game by saying the big event would happen in 2012, then deciding they want to keep the franchise going so they created a new, bigger threat.

But story-wise, when Those Who Came Before (Juno, Minerva, Jupiter and others) were trying to find ways to save humanity before the first solar flare happened, Juno went crazy and the others imprisoned her. Since then, Juno was playing the Assassins and Templars against each other from behind the scenes, and needed Desmond to free her from her prison. If the solar flare happened, most of humanity would be killed and Juno wouldn't be freed, so she needed Desmond to save the world. But by doing so, she'd be freed and might be a bigger threat to humanity than the solar flare, as she's from the First Civilisation. Desmond decided that other people might be able to stop Juno, but he was the only one who could stop the solar flare, so he sacrificed himself. So now the main present-day antagonist in future games will likely be Juno in some shape or form, and there'll likely be stuff in the past that the other Those Who Came Before gods will need you to do to help you stop Juno in the present day.

Thank you for that I had got it mostly, its just that it all seemed a out of nowhere.
    In the next game who in the "real world" would we be playing as Desmonds Dad? I just started to warm to him and that happens

Advertisement