Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not quite. They are the same comicbook universe but the film rights are quite complicated because of the fact Marvel had to sell of the rights years ago to avoid going bankrupt.

Fox own the rights to Deadpool and X-Men, so there could be a cross over there. But they own those rights cause Marvel sold them the film rights years ago for those characters.

The Avengers are still owned by marvel Studios, so they would be a different "universe".

At the same time, Spiderman's rights are owned by Sony, but Marvel struck a deal with them to get those rights back. Kind of. While Marvel Studios will make the next Spiderman film, all the money will go to Sony. Quicksilver/Scarlett Witch are split between Marvel Studios and Fox, but there's limits on which aspects of their backstories each can use; iirc, Marvel Studios cannot mention anything about Magneto or mutants, but otherwise can use the characters.

Here's a picture showing who has what.

marvel-movie-rights-marvel-just-quietly-deployed-the-nukes-in-its-war-with-fox-png-156493.jpg

So ff and X-men could have a cross over but it's highly unlikely

Wonder will Blade and Ghost rider come into the MCU. I'd also like venom in there too

The worse thing that can happen is that fox may sell the X-men rights to Disney and they revamp them for the MCU (which will confuse everything lol)

Stan Lee is a genius BTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Fox won't ever do it but i'd love if they sold everything marvel related to Marvel then marvel could properly reboot X-Men and F4 and recast everyone now would be great timinng with Hugh Jackman finishing up with Wolverine 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I would love to see reynolds and jackman in the MCU but i know itll never happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This is practically the only comic book movie i'm really looking forward to atm. Far too many being made but i'm a sucker for these adaptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cool! Awesome, milestone comic book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With Castle cancelled, Firefly reunion talk can start back up again :p

The Grinder and Nashville also cancelled :(

Marvel Studios will make the next Spiderman film, all the money will go to Sony

That is whack! Maybe they just want to see a great Spider-Man film.

Saw Civil War tonight.
    Despite hearing nothing but praise, it delivered and exceeded expectations. Halfway into this film I thought it was the best Captain America film, and when it was done, it's either this or the 1st Avengers movie as the best Marvel movie made, so Civil War is a huge win. It was really great. Congratulations Marvel, knocking it out of the park again. So shocking because I reckon a lot of people are suffering from "Superhero fatigue" (including me - I didn't bother with BvS or Iron Man 3) and would jump on Marvel if they released a stinker, but this is one of their finest offerings to date. Bravo.
    Of course it's still a child-friendly superhero film and so it's all a bit ridiculous and bombastic, but in it's field, it's fantastic. It was fine not having
    Thor or Banner
    in the film, as there are so many new faces.
    What they've done with the new characters (well, new to an avengers ensemble) was perfect, adding some well-placed levity, some spectacular spots, and in general I really dug the free will vs order discussion that happened throughout the film. Only quibble/observation is that I found Stark's point of view to be lacking - it felt like he was blinded by his ego/guilt rather than having a strong argument as to why Avengers need to be accountable. Anyway, tons to say on it, all positives, well done Marvel.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Only quibble/observation is that I found Stark's point of view to be lacking - it felt like he was blinded by his ego/guilt rather than having a strong argument as to why Avengers need to be accountable. Anyway, tons to say on it, all positives, well done Marvel.

Yeah it was a bit like the poorly executed theme of Batman vs Superman where you expect Superman to be held responsible for the aftermath of MoS. Tony just throws a hissy & then is chilled for his visit to Queens. Vision isn't up to much in the airport brawl & Scarlet Witch is booked fair strong in the same scrap.
    Anyone else playing Uncharted 4?
    Nearly finished it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That is whack! Maybe they just want to see a great Spider-Man film.

As I understand it, Disney own Marvel Studios, but also the rights to most of Marvel's merchandise. So while they are willing to give up the money made from the film, they know they will make plenty from Spider-Man toys. If Spider-Man films suck, then toys don't sell as well so they get hurt financially. So they must have decided the cost of making the film on their end (you would imagine Sony will be bankrolling Marvel Studios on the film), would be outweighed on what they will make back on the increased Spider-Merchindise. Plus adding him to their universe gives a boost to any other Marvel Studios film they put him in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

another really good episode of Game of Thrones this week
    Could not really care less about The high Sparrow stuff tbh I feel like that is just a side plot, while the big stories are finally picking up steam (but at least it also seems to be kicking into gear with Cersei aligning with the small council and getting a Tyrell army to support her) now with Jon Snow & Sansa re-united and planning to head to Winterfell with the Wildlings and whomever else from the North they can get to oppose The Boltons (at least the boyos from the Vale you would think based on this episode). Meanwhile Danny went all naked firestarter again in a pretty epic end sequence and now has all the Dothraki behind her . She stll won't be arriving in Westoros until much much later though (all that Slavery stuff to take care of on that side of the world) but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, just watched GoT
    I was so happy to see Jon and Sansa reunite. Thought after last week's ending that they would miss each other which always seems to be the way.
    A shame to see Tonks go, but was only a matter of time. Maybe the writers thought people were beginning to warm to Ramsey like a popular heel. :-)
    Emilia Clarke said she was done with nudity. Good job women change their minds. I'm assuming the place was rigged to go up judging by how quickly it did.
    All around a great episode. I agree about the high sparrow stuff. But I can't think of one series where bringing a religious faction in has benefitted it. BSG and The 100 for example. Though The 100 is improving theirs

Hate to tell ya but its a body double she has it in her contract now apparently

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hate to tell ya but its a body double she has it in her contract now apparently

She posted on social media last night about how proud she was that there was no body double needed and that was all her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd say it was her from season 1 just CGI'd into that scene.

Loughc wrote: »
    She posted on social media last night about how proud she was that there was no body double needed and that was all her.

I stand corrected so, although perhaps that was in part because such a big deal had been made of her getting that in her newest contract.

• Advertisement

yea i thought it looked like it was her head superimposed on someone elses body

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/emilia-clarke-that-got-nude-scene-was-real.html

She's claiming its all her.

Game of Thrones related
    Well bar the potential Margaery walk of shame & Cersei's trial by combat the High Sparrow stuff is a weekly chore & one of a few overly drawn out storylines.
    I didn't understand why the hut went up in flames like that when Daenerys knocked over the fires. Not like sand is flammable.

Saw the new XMen film today.

Even avoiding the comparisons to Captain America, there's just so much lazy writing in it. Character motivations are very generic. It's really slow in the first hour, introducing and reintroducing characters.

Some majorly spoiler-ific examples of bad writing
    Havoc's death takes place during a comedy scene, so while the scene is funny, the death of a character has no real impact. Storm's motivations are really flimsy, first seemingly tricked into helping Apoc, but then seemingly fine with Magneto killing thousands if not millions of people. It's only cause she fangirls out over Mystique that she changes sides.

And Magneto, despite killing millions of people and committing genocide (and they make it a plot point that Apoc cannot mindcontrol people; thats why he's after Xavier), seems utterly redeemed at the end, with not just the X-Men but the entire world forgiving him for DoFP, ignoring his latest warcrime.

There's good moments. Visually, the film looks great imo, especially the end scene. The direction is good. But the script is really weak. Its the type of film that the more you think about it, the more you realise how poorly written it was.

Will say that I loved (MASSIVE SPOILER)
    Jean Grey using the Phoenix powers. Hope they do the story better this time than last.

Also, if you want to skip the post-credit scene, it's not groundbreaking (most of my viewing didn't get what it was at all):
    they tease "Essex Corp" stealing a sample of Wolverine's blood, which seems to be a tease for Mr Sinister.

• Advertisement

Saw the new XMen film today.

Even avoiding the comparisons to Captain America, there's just so much lazy writing in it. Character motivations are very generic. It's really slow in the first hour, introducing and reintroducing characters.

Some majorly spoiler-ific examples of bad writing
    Havoc's death takes place during a comedy scene, so while the scene is funny, the death of a character has no real impact. Storm's motivations are really flimsy, first seemingly tricked into helping Apoc, but then seemingly fine with Magneto killing thousands if not millions of people. It's only cause she fangirls out over Mystique that she changes sides.

And Magneto, despite killing millions of people and committing genocide (and they make it a plot point that Apoc cannot mindcontrol people; thats why he's after Xavier), seems utterly redeemed at the end, with not just the X-Men but the entire world forgiving him for DoFP, ignoring his latest warcrime.

There's good moments. Visually, the film looks great imo, especially the end scene. The direction is good. But the script is really weak. Its the type of film that the more you think about it, the more you realise how poorly written it was.

Will say that I loved (MASSIVE SPOILER)
    Jean Grey using the Phoenix powers. Hope they do the story better this time than last.

Also, if you want to skip the post-credit scene, it's not groundbreaking (most of my viewing didn't get what it was at all):
    they tease "Essex Corp" stealing a sample of Wolverine's blood, which seems to be a tease for Mr Sinister.

Could not agree more, which is kinda strange as I've found a lot of the criticism of the movie a little off point.
    Storms motivation as you pointed out was just silly and I would also agree about the Havoc death because as much as that Quicksilver scene was arguably the most fun one in the movie and I'd wager will be most peoples favorite it actually served to make me forget the death had just occurred until they mention him a few minutes later. For me the biggest of the issues you raised though has to be Magneto

His being forgiven is incredible. Even the world at large who you could argue believe he helped save it from The Big Baddie forgiving him is nonsensical. Firstly Apocalypse was essentially known to nobody outside of his speech and that was delivered through Charles (who the people that took the X-Men already suspected) the world only has the word of one CIA agent (who has a history with Xavier) and her tall tale to not only explain what happened but also to exonerate Magneto. I would assume in her story she left out his genocide but why would the X-Men forgive him and let him head off into the sunset just cos he decided to help at the last moment, I mean there is literally nothing stopping him from repeating such an action again apart from a lack of motivation at this moment. It's not his style to kill but surely Charles would be smart enough (he is supposed to be a Genius of sorts no?) to realize that someone who just committed such an act and could do so again should not just be allowed to walk free.

I am happy I went to see it though and it is not a bad movie it just has some issues like the above. I mean the effects and look in general are great and yeah I'd agree it's pretty well directed.

I'd also disagree that the tone of the movie isn't right as not every superhero movie should be as light hearted as a Marvel movie.
    Another common complaint I heard that I would disagree with is that there was too much focus on the older cast memebers. Jennifer Lawrence is their biggest star, Charles Xavier is always going to be central to an X-Men movie and Magneto is the 1 bad guy we would already care about but imo Sansa Jean Grey gets just as much focus as any of them in this despite only being introduced, Quicksilver was well used despite his powers I would imagine being difficult for them to write around (actually liked when for a while he stated to kick Apocalypses ass all on his own as it showcased how in may cases this could be an issue but also countered it as he failed) and the others were only being introduced and no doubt will play a bigger part in the next X-Men incarnation (Cyclops, Storm).

Everyone likes Olivia Munn and she dos look like a super hot cosplayer in this but tbh her and Angel were just there to fill out the baddie quotant and with so many characters they could never expect to have more air time.

My final gripe with the movie however would be that you don't really connect emotionally with too many of the characters and that in part that is because there are so many characters many of whom are only just being introduced. In a movie like the Avengers (which also had such a huge cast of heroes) the characters already had their own movies where we could emotionally connect with them but here despite most getting a short intro (backstory) the only one you might really feel for is Magneto cos of what happened to his wife and kid and he's the baddie. The fact that your not emotionally invested in the action makes it all feel a little less real too which isn't ideal for a movie which already has so many layers of changed reality that can take the viewer out of the moment if their attention isn't focused on the action. It's set in a world with mutants, In the 80s, An altered 80s becuase of the previous movies and it is in general an altered (but the same) X-Men universe to you if you've seen the others plus on top of that you have the introduction of the ancient blue first mutant from ancient Egypt with his pyramids etc....

Agreed with everything there.

I feel with Magneto as if
    they maybe were building to killing him off; that to atone for the genocide, he would sacrifice himself to take down Apoc, knowing he could then be with his wife and kid. With the return to the consecration camps, there's parallels of sorts to Hitler, a juxtaposition of Hitler and Magneto and their desires to wipe out an imperfect people. There was potential for a self-assessment where the film can go down a deeper route, in a "I've become what I hated" manner.

But then they decided to go down the Phoenix route instead, so Magneto is stuck in a weird limbo where they want him back all happy with the X-Men, so handwave it away. I guess the students can look up to the mass-murderer now...

Game of Thrones
    Poor Hodor, that ending would get to you. Not sure how Bran is meant to outrun the white walkers tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I see impractical jokers are coming to the 3arena next Jan on there Euro tour

I like the show but can't watch in bulk due too getting fed up if the loud laughter by the guys and similar acts in each episode

ERG89 wrote: »
    Game of Thrones
    Poor Hodor, that ending would get to you. Not sure how Bran is meant to outrun the white walkers tho.

Ha ha ha, maybe they
    get 10 feet away from the door and are like "it's too misty! Where could they be? A f**k it let's get the tea in."

One thing that also left me downbeat is that with this time travel deal with Bran, it's pre-determinism - what's happened in the past has already happened, and same goes for the present and the future. like Bran warping back to the past with Hodor, and causing his brain short-circuiting to save himself in the present. It means that things in the past have happened because Bran does and will do things in the future, because he's already affected the past, so it's his destiny to do it in the future.

This means the future's already been set, as opposed to making your own destiny, which kinda sucks. You're not really responsible or in control as time has already played out, if that makes sense. "Time" already knows who takes the Iron Throne. Of course JRR Martin already knows but in the world he's created, the outcome has already been decided.

I'm loving GOT this season. It's just been fantastic. Lots of big things happening and things changing/moving into place.

Other GOT thoughts:
    Hodor!
    I'd much rather see everyone else in that cave die!

A Girl
    She'll never be the assassin Jaken is training her to be, lost cause. Sure she just wants to be an assassin to kill those who wronged her family - aka her motivation is from being Arya.

The Play
    It was brilliant. We rarely see it but we get the commoners' point of view of the whole GOT goings-on. The rhymes, props and theatrics were great fun; plays must've been the biggest thing (along with fighting in the pits) before TV and proper civilisation, lol. Also, Arya laughing at the Lannisters is something Arya would do, as well as taking offense at Ned's portrayal. No way she's shedding being Arya.

Danny
    Nice to see her show a bit of emotion with Jorah. In general her character is a deadpan official, never showing her true colours but displaying herself as she wants to be presented - a reserved queen who gets her way in the end. Even being whipped before she was as cold/emotionless as possible. I reckon he's off to King's Landing with the Maesters/Sam maybe to cure himself? Also perhaps he should've just excised the little bit of scale off when he first noticed it.

LittleFinger/Sansa
    It's odd that in the barn, LF was so submissive/out of ideas with Sansa, as he could easily have talked his way out of it. Perhaps it was another way to play her, to allow Sansa to stand strong and empower herself; whilst realising that he's still more use to her (and even lies about the information he dropped).

King White Walker
    I get he's a huge threat but it's weird going to a 2D villain when the rest of Thrones has many layers. I'm also not big on Bran, even if he's super-powerful, I wouldn't care if he's offed. Westeros will get on grand without him!

Can Bran still visit the past now when he wants without the roots of the tree?
    I didn't understand how Yara & Theon got usurped that quickly & fled their own house well island.
    Was weird but cool seeing Daenerys & Balish look a little weak. Nice change of pace not hearing from Ramsay & Cersei but there are a lot of storylines in development with Tyrion & Varys as well.

Oh man.

GOT Spoilers
    Watching that Hodor scene was incredible. Feels like one of those scenes that will forever be linked in those "Top 50 TV moments" shows, cause it's a payoff years in the making. When it twigged, it made me so sad.

After the show, I hit pause on the credits completely randomly (in a "Right, it's over, pause and stop please"), but in the process, recognized one of the names on the screen. Turns out "Fake Margery" from the play was a girl I went to drama school with when I was younger. She played Dorthy in a Wizard of Oz production I was in. Really nice girl, too. Didn't spot her during the scene, but its nice to see someone else from the Drogheda area doing well.

(Fun fact: Evanna Lynch from the Harry Potter films was also in that production as well, so now I have two claims to fame :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

GOT:
    The Hodor scene was incredible. As I mentioned on the other thread, I saw the spoiler for this before realising the episode leaked and my reaction was along the lines of 'ah not Hodor' but that was pretty much it. But watching it unfold was one of the most emotional scenes in the entire series so far and one that I've replayed in my mind over the last 7 hours. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make my eyes well up and the silence at the start of the credits fit perfectly.

GOT:
    Wait until Bran or someone sees Hodor coming towards them as one of the undead army.

What are the creatures that created the Night King? They remind me of Oona from Legend. And do creators of powerful creatures never think to install failsafes?

Think the Greyjoy siblings will team with Jon?

So 2 direwolves remain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    GOT:
    What are the creatures that created the Night King? They remind me of Oona from Legend. And do creators of powerful creatures never think to install failsafes?
    Children of the Forest. They were in Westeros before the First Men arrived and ended up in a war with them. And I'm guessing that the Dragonglass was their failsafe, we saw her kill one of the White Walkers with a spear when they got in.

In terms of TV, it's a fun time to be a comic book fan. Some awesome season finales over the last week.

Shield:
    Life model decoys!
    Gotham:
    Thomas Wayne! Court of Owls!
    Flash:
    Crisis on Infinite Earths, Black Flash AND Flashpoint!

Arrow:
    15,000 nukes vanish into thin air, Arrow wins with the power of hope, and Felicity is going nowhere.

Ok, three outta four ain't bad :P Arrow is sadly so filled with plotholes though :(

Flash is one of the best shows on tv right now.

Sad to see arrow being so filled with potholes and at times some stupid storytelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

sky88 wrote: »
    Flash is one of the best shows on tv right now.

Sad to see arrow being so filled with potholes and at times some stupid storytelling.

What potholes are in Arrow

People who watch those CW shows, how good is Supergirl?

now that it's on the CW they are planning 4 show crossovers etc so I am wondering if it's worth going back and watching through it?

It's enjoyable enough. there are some problems but I wasn't planning on watching originally until I was stuck at home with nothing else to watch so watched a few in a row. Went on to watching weekly. I won't say it's great, but it's harmless and gets better later in the season.

cena wrote: »
    What potholes are in Arrow

Not sure about plotholes as such, but the writing is really, really bad. Characters are hypocritical and self-sabotaging for no reason other than to create drama. Going with the last three episodes...
    A Russian Nuke hit an American town. That would probably cause World War 3. In the finale, 15,000 nukes are launched, so presumably disarmament has now occurred on a global scale, starting a massive arms race that would completely shift the super powers. That's the type of thing that would have massive, massive ramifications, while in Arrow, it's a 2 second "lol, nukes, right?". Also, 15,000 nukes went off in outerspace. That would still **** things up in a big way.

Then there's Dhark's magic; right, they establish it doesn't affect Arrow by the end, but he still kills the hacker from miles away. So, why the **** doesn't he just start using his magic to kill everyone around Ollie? Why do his soldiers opt for hand to hand fights against civilians rather than shooting them? How are so many civilians going one on one with trained soldiers?!?!

The writing is so lazy. I feel sometimes as if Arrow is little more than fanfiction by a teenage girl nowadays :(
    People who watch those CW shows, how good is Supergirl?

now that it's on the CW they are planning 4 show crossovers etc so I am wondering if it's worth going back and watching through it?

I love the show. It starts off rough, cramming the whole "Girl Power" angle a bit too hard down viewer's throats. But as it goes on, I think it develops really well. There's still flaws, but it's improving quickly. Episode 18 is a Flash/Supergirl cross-over, and it's really fun. Flash brings the best out of everyone though. Cat Grant, Calista Flockheart's character, really is great.

For Arrow
    Thought I was watching an episode of Once Upon a Time there

Bloodline season 2 on Netflix now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

New Top Gear is sh*te. I can't see it lasting too much longer without Clarkson, Hammond, and May.

Game of Thrones
    Interesting to see Benji? Benjy? Ned's brother is still alive as a kinda half dead walker. Really enjoyed the turn Arya's story took even if I had to put up with Richard E Grant overacting.
    Am I the only one gone cold on Samwell? Wish he was dealt with at the end of season two. Praying this High Sparrow stuff wraps up at the end of this season but I fear it won't still the trial with the mountain should be fun.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Game of Thrones
    Interesting to see Benji? Benjy? Ned's brother is still alive as a kinda half dead walker. Really enjoyed the turn Arya's story took even if I had to put up with Richard E Grant overacting.
    Am I the only one gone cold on Samwell? Wish he was dealt with at the end of season two. Praying this High Sparrow stuff wraps up at the end of this season but I fear it won't still the trial with the mountain should be fun.

Would agree with most of that, the show is moving at a much faster pace this season (which has been great) and as a result we have been getting a load of great stuff but also the less great stuff is far less interesting to me by contrast for example the
    High Sparrow / Samwell stuff
    maybe in a previous season I woulda cared more about
    The Tomlin turn but instead I just find myself realizing how much I want them to just FF that storyline until the trail by combat.

Re: Sam, at least they dealt with it as fast as they could, next week we will be back with John Snow, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, The Boltons, Tyrion etc I would imagine and when you think that all those characters didn't appear this week it's quite good that it was still a good ep. I liked the Arya stuff too for example and think her and the other young lass (The Waif is it?) will have a great face off and I'll be happy to see Ayra kick her ass

So the 100th episode of Person of Interest aired in America last night. Only three left in the show till its all over and done :(

I really feel the show deserves so much more attention, critically, than it ever seemed to get. It starts out under the cover of a cop procedural, and turns into this massive sci-fi story, but if I delve any more into that, I start spoiling stuff. In a bid to encourage people, I'll keep the summary at this; a former soldier gets recruited by a reclusive billionaire to help him save peoples lives. The billionaire gets phone calls with "numbers" that tells them someone is either in danger of dying or of killing someone, and the solider helps them.

The thing is, thats over simplifying it, and really selling the overarching mythos the show creates. But to develop more on the plot really would ruin the show. To delve a little further, it quickly develops that the phone calls come
    from an AI who can inhabit every security camera in New York, who can analysis people and predict events. And suddenly questions develop about privacy, and all that stuff, and the power of AIs.
    Its such a brilliant, brilliant show.

Episode 100 was amazing. More specific spoilers for people watching
    Root?!?! Elias?!?! Two gone in one episode :( Knew Root was a goner when she was spouting metaphysics.

============

In other discussions, saw Warcraft today. I adored it, despite lousy writing at times. As a fan of the game though, the visuals were spot on, and the easter eggs were amazing to spot. But I have a feeling that non-fans of the games will find it bewildering and a really average-to-poor fantasy film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Definitely a part of the POI gang too, although I watch it at RTE pace so am only caught up to the end of Season 4. Genuinely one of my all-time favourite shows.

I still remember the feeling of "holy sh1t, they're in trouble now" when
    Samaritan was first mentioned, as no more than a fleeting idea.
    Little did I know how far that would go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Person of Interest has been a genuine rollercoaster show for me the past year or so. I think someone here recommended it (Liz possibly?) and I've been gripped ever since ploughing through the first 3 series on Netflix. Last few episodes have been tugging at my tear ducts.

Hard to believe the journey from the first series, the flashbacks fleshing out the back story,
    Joss' death
    and these past few episodes. I'm baffled that it hasn't taken off bigger.

• Advertisement

I spent some time reading up about it last night. Apparently it's ratings are actually quite good, but CBS, who broadcast it, don't hold the rights to other distribution rights. So once they finish airing it, that's their financially beneficial involvement done with it. They don't make anything from Netflix or foreign distribution,so the show isn't turning a profit for them at all, so they don't want to show it any more :(

Virtanen, don't click my spoilers for the 100th episode then. Don't ruin what was an incredible episode. :P shame it only got the 13 episode run to close it off, but I guess we should be grateful we got closure and they got time to wrap it all up.

2 of the greatest shows finishing within a month of each other in Banshee and Person of Interest.

After being spoiled by 2 or 3 episodes a week, we now only get one a week for the last 3 episodes. 2 episodes this season received a 10 from IGN and I'm hoping this is a series that can end well. I believe the writing is intelligent enough to end in a way that will keep the majority of us happy, relatively speaking since
    we may have a few more deaths before the end

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yet to start the 4th season of Banshee, been occupied with BILLIONS lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Virtanen, don't click my spoilers for the 100th episode then. Don't ruin what was an incredible episode. :P shame it only got the 13 episode run to close it off, but I guess we should be grateful we got closure and they got time to wrap it all up.
    Oh don't worry, I'm well adept at avoiding spoilers, you have to be when you're perusing the internet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yet to start the 4th season of Banshee, been occupied with BILLIONS lately.

Wasn't a massive fan of Billions. It's ok, and they do enough to keep you watching but I found Damien Lewis annoying. The kinky stuff was a bit random too though Maggie Siff is nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement