Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Wasn't a massive fan of Billions. It's ok, and they do enough to keep you watching but I found Damien Lewis annoying. The kinky stuff was a bit random too though Maggie Siff is nice.

kinky and Maggie Siff? As a watcher of Sons of Anarchy, more investigation will need to be done into this sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Wouldn't want to spoil it on you but yes the start of the first episode in particular is quite the eye opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^^ That is an understatement..

Watched the opening scene. I don't know what I was expecting...

Saw the new Turtles. I enjoyed it. Barely noticed the time go by. Though thought some of the effects on the new characters looked a bit dodgy at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Pentecost wrote: »
    Wasn't a massive fan of Billions. It's ok, and they do enough to keep you watching but I found Damien Lewis annoying. The kinky stuff was a bit random too though Maggie Siff is nice.

It tried so hard to be edgy. Paul Giamatti is like a whale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Got spoilers
    While I am happy the Hound is alive can't help feel confused another 'dead' character has returned. His story on this week's episode was dull but I guess he's seeking vengeance for those who were killed. Arya's part was short but I felt even if she died she wouldn't be dead going by the fates of fan favourites. Wondering who Sansa wrote that letter to now. I imagine they'll head to winterfell in episode 9. Usually the penultimate episodes have the big battles.

Totally unrelated but like Batman vs Superman, X-men Apocalypse isn't as bad as others said, the Quicksilver part again was genuinely one of the most impressive scene of any comic movie.
    I'd prefer if Bryan Singer & Zack Snyder were replaced rho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Episode nine of GoT is called
    The Battle of the Bastards
    mso I would say you are right about that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,979 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Rock was Graham Norton show this week promoting his new buddy cop comedy, still slick with the charisma and nice story about Ali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Is anyone else up to date with Archer

That can't be how they're ending it. I know there's been a dip in quality but I've still enjoyed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is anyone else up to date with Archer. That can't be how they're ending it. I know there's been a dip in quality but I've still enjoyed it

Don't worry, they'll get another season (feels like one of those real cheap annual cliffhangers CSI used to do in their final few years)! I did read they've been losing viewers for the last few seasons (like ~million to 800k to 700k) but I bet it does great on DVR/Netflix and the like. I've a big spoiler plot-wise if you're worried

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Don't worry, they'll get another season (feels like one of those real cheap annual cliffhangers CSI used to do in their final few years)! I did read they've been losing viewers for the last few seasons (like ~million to 800k to 700k) but I bet it does great on DVR/Netflix and the like. I've a big spoiler plot-wise if you're worried

I've watched all 10 this year. I'm oddly more annoyed about it than I should be. Like the Simpsons Monty burns cliffhanger.

Ya I enjoyed it too, the Bel Panto (hostage) eps being my fav. The Figgis Agency is a great setup to have them go off on wacky adventures. Although they never solved the fake starlet angle at the start of the season. Maybe they'll sort it next year. Was devastated to find out they were only doing 10 episodes instead of 13 this year!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ya I enjoyed it too, the Bel Panto (hostage) eps being my fav. The Figgis Agency is a great setup to have them go off on wacky adventures. Although they never solved the fake starlet angle at the start of the season. Maybe they'll sort it next year. Was devastated to find out they were only doing 10 episodes instead of 13 this year!

I only found out when I saw there was no update on showbox and wiki'd it I went into shock. Yeah the figgis agency let's them go back to spy roots but gives them the leeway to do a lot of stuff.

A real life version would be great. But the voice acting in it is so important I don't think a real actor would do it justice. That said id love to see real life Judy Greer playing Mallory

I only found out when I saw there was no update on showbox and wiki'd it I went into shock. Yeah the figgis agency let's them go back to spy roots but gives them the leeway to do a lot of stuff.

A real life version would be great. But the voice acting in it is so important I don't think a real actor would do it justice. That said id love to see real life Judy Greer playing Mallory

There was talk of an Archer live action movie with Jon Hamm as Archer, also Judy Greer voices Cheryl, not Mallory :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Archers voice cannot be done by anyone but H Jon. It would be utter sacrilege.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There was talk of an Archer live action movie with Jon Hamm as Archer, also Judy Greer voices Cheryl, not Mallory :P

I meant Jessica Walter :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would love alive action Archer and yes it has been talked about and I do actually think some of the voice actors could play the same parts if it was done but without H John Benjamin.... doesn't sound right.

On an unrelated but also animated note and a little different to anything I would usually watch Voltron Legendary Defender is awesome!

here is a trailer for it, from the people who made legend of Korra (never watched it ill admit) it is an American animated series airing on Netflicks produced by dreamworks that comes across as a mad mix of Transformers and Power Rangers among other things (Star Wars/Trek/guardians of The Galaxy/Superman you name it vibes)

The first episode was I think 3 episodes squished together and came in at around 1hr and 6m minus the credits but honestly it didn't drag. Full disclosure though, I've not watched anymore of it yet

Oooooo I was looking for a cartoon to watch that'll do nicely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'll give that a go at some stage. Any decent animes on Netflix worth checking out? I watched Attack on Titan last year and loved it but I'm pretty clueless about anime in general. Also Bojack Horseman is back next month and it can't come quick enough.

Got spoilers
    Not a great show this week either. Found the Arya story to be unsatisfying, being chased by....I don't know some wan doing a naff T-1000 impression. Why not show her or Blackfish's death?
    Tommen (who has zero screen presence) cancelling the trial by combat was another bodyblow to that tedious storyline. Was hoping to get an update on Bran at this stage but next week should be a great episode. With the focus back on Winterfell & a fućking fight.

Glad I don't watch Game Of Thrones, so I can read whatever's spoilered and it won't bother me one bit...

Forget the returns of X Files or Prison Break. the return we've all been waiting for is tonight

http://entertainment.ie/tv-highlight/Eurotrash/382076.htm

Eurotrash is back for a one off at 9pm on Channel 4 tonight

Man, Eurotrash got me through some times as a teenager. :pac:

GOT Ep9 :D

so good!
    Given how The battle of the Bastards went it's almost easy to forget how Boss Daenerys is at the start and how Yara & Theon have now given how just about the right amount of ships she needs... but enough of that

John Snow kicked some Mfn ass like never before. Wun Wun (The Giant) was a hero and what can I say, Ramsey really is a great Villain. I mean how Rare is it you really have so little sympathy for someone, if anything I was thinking "don't stop" as John was beating him to death in front of everyone even though his death with the dogs was far more fitting.

The only thing that kinda annoyed me is why exactly could Sansa not tell John Snow about The Knights of The Vale coming? I was actually a little pissed at her cos well that'd be some handy info I'd imagine.

Anywhoo Home Sweet Home eh Starks

• Advertisement

I concur. Excellent episode

I've been loving the entire season so far. This episode was no different.

Feel thats two of the main stories wrapped now though; Snow & Winterfell, and Daenerys and the Iron Born.

The way they keep mentioning
    the Wildfire under Kings Landing
    , I'm guessing next week will be an explosive finale :D

Archer has been renewed through Season 10.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/745323065878282241?lang=en

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Archer has been renewed through Season 10.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/745323065878282241?lang=en

Phew... thank goodness

GoT spoilers
    Really enjoyed this weeks episode despite some minor gripes, Rickon on particular . Think long term they'll miss Ramsay Snow as there is no absolute b@stard to replace him like he did with Joffrey. Tommen is so dull in compsrison & this high sparrow **** needs to fück off asap. Even enjoyed the Daenerys part & I've been down on that all season. Suppose we'll see the build for next season & maybe Arya back at winterfell.

Been discovering Rick & Morty. How I'm this late is a mystery. I'd recommend Preacher too, 4 episodes in its helping me get over the idiocy of Gotham.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Been discovering Rick & Morty. How I'm this late is a mystery. I'd recommend Preacher too, 4 episodes in its helping me get over the idiocy of Gotham.

Ah here. The second seaosn of Gotham was chaotic fun :P

Got into The Amazing Race last season because I am a big fan of Rooster Teeth and they had two people participating on it.

Since I enjoyed it, I checked out another season and everyone said to check out Season 25. So imagine my surprise when I found out two of the contestants were...

amazingrace25_brookeadams-robbiestrauss.jpg

Robbie E and Brooke, racing for one million dollars! Made it fun to have a horse in the race to cheer for, and they turned out to be really funny over the course of the show too :P

Anyone else watch the show?

Person of Interest.

Such a rollarcoaster, and I'm so sad it's over :(

Yeah just watched the excellent Person of Interest finale. With it and Banshee gone now, I don't think anything on tv matches their quality.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

13442160_1326816944012784_1123525053759977332_n.png?oh=75232abd1085dd0ea17ca8164e4d531d&oe=5803F14B

Oh the interdimensional tv bits on Rick and Morty are gold :P

ha! I watched that episode last night. It's hilarious to hear the Roiland and co break and laugh at the end (at the end of both bits above). I used to love Garfield so the gazorpazorpfield impression is one of my favourite bits of all of Rick and Morty. White....uh..white...guilt...milk toast...piece of human garbage!

Also love the meta off-hand comments, like Rick telling the parents they 'backed the wrong ideological horse' (i.e. their B storyline of looking into alternative versions of themselves is much less fun then Rick & Morty's let's watch interdimensional TV)

Saw and was quite dissapointed (even though I didn't expect it to be the greatest) by The New Independence Day movie today.

I'll probably see it next week sometime. I heard it's just trying too hard. As if the CG let them do more so they did it for the sake of it

Saw and was quite dissapointed (even though I didn't expect it to be the greatest) by The New Independence Day movie today.

I'm off to America next week and am going to try and see it with an American audience on, get this, Independence Day :P I'm hoping the OTT American crowd will lift the film in spite of the mixed reviews its getting :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If anyone is with or has been with Loot Crate before they have joined with the WWE for a Loot Crate Boxes coming soon.

Loot Crate Partners With WWE For Wrestling Themed Boxes.
    Loot Crate, the go-to fan box subscription service, has recently announced a partnership with WWE to deliver wrestling fans some professional wrestling goodness across the globe.

"We will introduce a bimonthly WWE crate, featuring items that will appeal to WWE fans worldwide,” said David Voss, Chief Creative Officer at Loot Crate. “Each crate will feature exclusive collectibles, apparel and home goods. Look for more details as Loot Crate and WWE launch this exciting crate later this summer.”
    There have been a few WrestleBox and WrestleCrates that recently sprung up, but with the WWE officially in the game, all bets are off on who surpasses who for subscription supremacy.

“We are excited to partner with Loot Crate and deliver merchandise directly to our global fanbase,” said Casey Collins, WWE Executive Vice President, Consumer Products. “This unique strategy allows us to engage with our fans in new ways while providing them with exclusive WWE items and collectibles that will bring them closer to the Superstars they love.”

So readers, what would you love to see with this kind of subscription box? Would you at least try a month?

http://comicbook.com/wwe/2016/06/23/loot-crate-partners-with-wwe-for-wrestling-themed-boxes/

Just re-watched the original Independence Day... my gawd the difference is like night and day. Even if it has aged somewhat with regards the visuals and the whole infecting the mothership with a virus from your windows 96 laptop thing is hilarious it is just soooo much better than the new one. It has a build, heart, suspense... the new one
    does not.

Still go and see it for yourselves and the above is not a spoiler really it's just a bad review even though I was entertained for the two hours even if I knew what I was watching was not great. Happy it made me watch the 20yr old one though :)

If anyone is with or has been with Loot Crate before they have joined with the WWE for a Loot Crate Boxes coming soon.

Loot Crate Partners With WWE For Wrestling Themed Boxes.

http://comicbook.com/wwe/2016/06/23/loot-crate-partners-with-wwe-for-wrestling-themed-boxes/

Got a 12 month subscription to the standard crate as an Xmas present for my brother back at Xmas, and have to say it's usually a real treat. He basically gets a lovely box of presents every month, usually with a t-shirt, a bobblehead or pop figure and a few other knick-knacks. And usuallys, if there's things he doesn't want, he sells them pretty quick on Ebay, usually recouping 2/3rds of the cost of the individual crate on 1 item.

A WWE themed box, even if only every second month, could be awesome.

Just watched Hardcore Henry. I always wondered what would happen if you crossed Crank with Mirror's Edge and added a bit of Robocop.
    Was a wee bit mad and quite enjoyable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sickend bought season 1 of Vinyl on blu ray last weekend and was looking forward to watching it but with news of the second season being cancelled by HBO i dont see a point in watching it now :(:(:(

GoT spoilers
    Eventful enough for a finale again there were plot holes but I feel they have rushed through so much material it was bound to happen a bit. Finally Daenerys is heading towards Westeros. The flagging High Sparrow storyline is thankfully dealt with, quickly too I might add. Biggest part was that we found out Jon Snow is Ned Stark and Daenerys nephew........confirming the whole R+L=J

That was a phenomenal end to a really brilliant series. Managed to wrap up so many stories as well as put so many chess pieces into great positions for next season too.

My only sadness stems from
    the death of Margaery cause I love Ms Dormer
    :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That was a phenomenal end to a really brilliant series. Managed to wrap up so many stories as well as put so many chess pieces into great positions for next season too.

My only sadness stems from
    the death of Margaery cause I love Ms Dormer
    :P

yeah but lucky tommon got a go before
    his suicide
    lol
    did Cersi expect him to do that or was she hoping he would join side with her. wonder is Jamie mad at her causing his last remaining son/Nephew to kill himself ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    did Cersi expect him to do that or was she hoping he would join side with her. wonder is Jamie mad at her causing his last remaining son/Nephew to kill himself ???
    She seemed to send Mountain to take him to the keep, so my guess is she wanted to protect him, and "free him" from the others. Guessing she didn't see him basically noping out of the world after seeing his wife and pope die and god knows how many others.

• Advertisement

Excellent GoT finale
    Glad they finally finished the High Sparrow storyline and great IT Crowd impression from Tommen.

So when do we start up the Missing posters for Gendry? Theon and his sister managed to get to Meereen in a couple weeks yet he left in a boat at the end of season 3 and hasn't been seen since.

Advertisement