Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,979 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

eh i dunno wrote: »
    My favourite show this year. Brilliant stuff. Surely a season two?

Yes renewed

http://tvline.com/2016/08/31/stranger-things-renewed-season-2-netflix/

What video games are people of the forum looking forward to over the Autumn/Winter months?

For me it will be FIFA which I get every year.

Forza Horizon 3. Not a big racing fan but thought FH 2 was great.

Modern warfare remaster. Hope I'll be able to buy a code on eBay for this. No interest in the new COD you have to buy to get it. Loved Call of duty 4 (campaign and mp) so can't wait for this.

I might get Mafia 3. Thought Mafia 2 was very good.

Probably get the new south park game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm just waiting for later this month when NCIS, Agents Of Shield return from their summer breaks, Arrow & The Flash, Legends Of Tomorrow & Supergirl returning early and later next month respectively :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

What video games are people of the forum looking forward to over the Autumn/Winter months?
    It's been out for a few months but I'll finally get around to playing Uncharted 4 soon

As for new games coming out, South Park 2 and Watch Dogs 2 are top of my most wanted list
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for later this month when NCIS, Agents Of Shield return from their summer breaks, Arrow & The Flash, Legends Of Tomorrow & Supergirl returning early and later next month respectively :D
    I literally have to keep a list of all the shows coming up so I remember to watch them. About 15 coming back in the next two months. RIP free time

Virtanen wrote: »
    It's been out for a few months but I'll finally get around to playing Uncharted 4 soon

As for new games coming out, South Park 2 and Watch Dogs 2 are top of my most wanted listI literally have to keep a list of all the shows coming up so I remember to watch them. About 15 coming back in the next two months. RIP free time

I've already got that list made out :pac:

Virtanen wrote: »
    As for new games coming out, South Park 2 and Watch Dogs 2 are top of my most wanted list

Yeah I'll keep an eye on watch dogs 2. First one had some great ideas but I was bored for most of the game. Hopefully they can build on it and make number 2 more enjoyable. Definitely potential there for a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've a long list of shows coming back as well. First one is Z Nation, which I'm looking forward to.

For games, I'm slowly making my way through the backlog. Just finished Infamous Second Son as both good and Evil and the First Light DLC. Next will be Twilight Princess on Wii U. Don't think there's anything out this year I'm really interested in, apart from PS4 version of Rise of the Tomb Raider. Haven't played Uncharted 4 yet, though I have it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Narcos season 2 just dropped too. The first one was awesome so I'm looking forward to it although I'm holding to watch S2 atm as I know I'll burn through em once I start.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thank god Fall TV Season is starting back up. Here's my list of stuff and when it's back....

14th Sept
    Blindspot

19th Sept
    Gotham
    Lucifer

20th Sept
    Shield

21st Sept
    Designated Survivor

Sept 22nd
    Blacklist

Sept 23rd
    Hawaii 5-0
    Hells Kitchen

25th Sept
    OUAT

30th Sept
    Luke Cage

October 2nd
    Elementary
    Westworld

October 4th
    Flash

October 5th
    Arrow

October 10th
    Supergirl

October 13th
    Legends of Tomorrow
    Supernatural

October 23rd
    Walking Dead

• Advertisement

Yeah CW pretty much rules mine as well.
    Funnily enough, i just watched the episode of West Wing that explains the concept behind Designated Survivor.
    I notice a lack of Ash vs Evil Dead and Z Nation. What's wrong with you? :pac: must post mine when at the pc later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lots of returning shows alright.

Most of the new shows starting this season seem same old same old.

The only new show that stands out for me this year is WestWorld.

How it currently stands

Monday
    Gotham Sept 19
    Timeless Oct 3
    Supergirl Oct 10

Tuesday
    Agents of SHIELD Sept 20
    Scream Queens Sept 20
    The Flash Oct 4

Wednesday
    Mr Robot July 13
    Arow Oct 5

Thursday
    Legends of Tomorrow Oct 13
    Supernatural Oct 13

Friday
    Z Nation Sept 16
    Luke Cage Sept 30

Saturday
    Star Wars Rebels Sept 24

Sunday
    Once Upon a Time Sept 25
    Westworld Oct 2
    Ash vs Evil Dead Oct 2
    Walking Dead Oct 23
    Librarians Nov 20

Wasn't interested in Timeless until I found out it was from Eric Krpike and Shawn Ryan. Also might check out Frquency and Designated Survivor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Here's mine, split into UK and US airdates:

Sep 16. Hooten & the Lady
    Oct 24. Supergirl
    Oct 25. The Flash
    Oct. Class
    Autumn. Taskmaster

Sep 14 (US). Blindspot
    Sep 20 (US). Agents of SHIELD
    Sep 21 (US). Survivor
    Sep 25 (US). Last Week Tonight
    Sep 25 (US). Once Upon a Time
    Sep 25 (US). Quantico
    Sep 28 (US). Criminal Minds
    Oct 2 (US). Elementary
    Oct 2 (US). Westworld
    Oct 13 (US). Legends of Tomorrow

I'm way behind on Arrow, only up to Season 2 atm, hence why it's not on my list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'm now so far behind in numerous shows that I haven't even looked at what's coming up. At the moment I'm almost finished iZombie & watching Ballers on Sky Atlantic pace. Then I've got season 2 of Gotham & Fargo; haven't even started Narcos, Mr Robot, Stranger Things, The Night Of, Daredevil and various others. The only show I'll definitely be watching once it comes back is the new South Park as I thought 19 was arguably the best yet.

As for video games, I've ordered the new Madden & Attack on Titan. I'll get the new Battlefield, haven't gotten stuck into an online shooter since BF4. New South Park game is top of my most wanted list. Then I've got the DLC for Witcher 3 to play too.

Arrow will have to do a lot to keep me interested this season. Thought the last few seasons have been very poor.

Really interested about where The Flash is going though!

I don't really watch any other shows. I should try get into a few more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

New season of South Park I can't wait for especially with the election coming up & Rick and Morty season 3.

Arrow will have to do a lot to keep me interested this season. Thought the last few seasons have been very poor.

I won't lay into Arrow too much since someone just said they are working through it, but yeah, needs a massive boost in the arm. Sadly, until they change head writer, that change isn't coming :(

I forgot The Last Guardian is out this year. Still need to upgrade my graphics car as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I won't lay into Arrow too much since someone just said they are working through it, but yeah, needs a massive boost in the arm. Sadly, until they change head writer, that change isn't coming :(

If it's anything like last season I think it'll be time to bow out of arrow and just keep an eye on it for the crossovers

sky88 wrote: »
    If it's anything like last season I think it'll be time to bow out of arrow and just keep an eye on it for the crossovers

Yeah, it was bloody woeful!

• Advertisement

Arrow last season being woeful is an understatement..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Arrow last season being woeful is an understatement..

I did say "bloody" woeful :P Yeah it was really bad. I just don't care about his squad anymore. Anytime any of them are in danger I don't care if they are killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I did say "bloody" woeful :P Yeah it was really bad. I just don't care about his squad anymore. Anytime any of them are in danger I don't care if they are killed.

Even felicity now is just dreadful.

Found myself reading the recap of episodes on Comicbook.com the day after, instead of watching, that's how meh I was with Arrow last season.. Hopefully
    Flashpoint
    manages to shake it up a bit..

sky88 wrote: »
    Even felicity now is just dreadful.

I'd be delighted if she were
    written out/killed

I hope they did learn that the series is called Arrow and not the Smoak show.
    Wasn't a fan of Legends at first but got more into it as they were obviously finding their feet as well. Same with Supergirl. Looking forward to the big crossover.

Arrow was poor but it was also screwed as they scrapped the long term / original plan because of DCs movie division nixing some of it such as The Suicide Squad stuff and what they cobbled together to replace it was clearly lesser. That said they are apparently intentionally going back to basics this season so hopefully that means they kinda got the message.

Narcos renewed for two more seasons by Netflix.

Narcos renewed for two more seasons by Netflix.

Never watched it. Whats it like?

I havent watched Season 2 yet (dropped on Netflicks a few days ago and I have it ready to go) but season one was one of the best shows of last year easily imo. HBO quality show on the life and times of Pablo Escobar. It will not disappoint.

BH seal of approval earned

• Advertisement

Really good I must say right up there with the best of the Netflix originals.

It's in both English and Portuguese so it has subtitles which does put some people off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I havent watched Season 2 yet (dropped on Netflicks a few days ago and I have it ready to go)

Netflicks - is that Chinese Netflix? :pac:

Just watched Interrogation with Edge & Lana more awful cack from The WWE Studios.

Great British Bake Off's current series on BBC shall be its last on the channel.
    They're moving to Channel 4 from next season, with a Celeb version in 2017.

Great British Bake Off's current series on BBC shall be its last on the channel.
    They're moving to Channel 4 from next season, with a Celeb version in 2017.

The Queen Dame Mary Berry has quit GBBO :eek:

GoogleBox Ireland started tonight on TV3, not one watching wrestling, Cavan twins best so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Sausage party is one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. Worth seeing

The Young Offenders is very funny, great chemistry with the leads, it is like Roddy Doyle writing about Cork :p

Longmire season 5 keeps up the standards of one of the best shows around at the moment.

Anyone watch Westworld (Sky Atlantic/HBO), are you team robots or team humans, impressive cast but Ed Harris steals the show so far

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone watch Westworld (Sky Atlantic/HBO), are you team robots or team humans, impressive cast but Ed Harris steals the show so far

Soon.. watched 20mins (seemed like it'd be good) but then got interrupted. watched an episode of Luke Cage before getting back to it and then I was hooked on that. Almost finished the season now then I hope to get back to Westworld when I will hopefully also have Ep2 to watch. The mount of money spent, the fact that it's HBO and how great the cast is, I really can't imagine anything other than WW being great anyway

Luke Cage on the other hand is quality for sure, Netflix know how to do the Marvel universe that's for sure. Iron Fist, Defenders and then The Punisher should all be great too (that is the order the next few of their hero series will be released).

Watched the trailer for the new Power Rangers movie. Looks like they really got teens with attitude this time. Wonder how much of the movie will be like the trailer before the action really starts.

Hard to tell how much of the film will be like the trailer, what I can say for sure is, the film won't be like the TV series and film before it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

So the Big Show was a back up dancer in lip sync battle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

in the middle of Luke Cage atm. really enjoying it so far. Would this Iron Fist guy be similar to him ???

cant get my head around that this is the same universe as Aliens, talking trees/animals, demi gods and other planets. Like If Thanos destroys the world then these guys and all the so called bad people in the series (there like puppies compared too thanos, loki and other bad MCU guys) are ****ed too

wonder what life would be like if the MCU was our world today (they would prob be Irish super human people going around)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    in the middle of Luke Cage atm. really enjoying it so far. Would this Iron Fist guy be similar to him ???

cant get my head around that this is the same universe as Aliens, talking trees/animals, demi gods and other planets. Like If Thanos destroys the world then these guys and all the so called bad people in the series (there like puppies compared too thanos, loki and other bad MCU guys) are ****ed too

wonder what life would be like if the MCU was our world today (they would prob be Irish super human people going around)

Danny Rand aka Iron Fist is more the Martial Arts / Mysticism side of the coin but him and Luke do team up a good bit, iirc their team even had the name "Hero's for hire". He is also super rich which always helps

• Advertisement

Danny Rand aka Iron Fist is more the Martial Arts / Mysticism side of the coin but him and Luke do team up a good bit, iirc their team even had the name "Hero's for hire". He is also super rich which always helps

Him and Tony Stark would get on well as there both super rich

I imagine he would have a lot of dealings with Doctor Strange

There were actually rumours for a while that Benedict Cumberbatch would debut in the MCU via a cameo in Iron Fist for but I guess that was back when they thought Iron Fist would be before Dr Strange would hit the big screen. I think they have interacted in the comics but not as much as people might assume due to the mystical / magical leanings of both. That said I don't actually know as much as I may make it sound at times as I never went that in dept with the comics.

Your Stark point could be apt though as it would not surprise me if Danny was what stark is to the Avengers for the Defenders (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist....with a probable Punisher cameo).

Your Stark point could be apt though as it would not surprise me if Danny was what stark is to the Avengers for the Defenders (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist....with a probable Punisher cameo).

the high sparrow and co were not fans of his antics in GOT lol

Finn Jones is a great actor and i hope he good in the part of iron fist. is there anyone else in the MCU that was/is in Game of Thrones ???

Ha, Cody is going to play a
    Stardust dealer

So the Big Show was a back up dancer in lip sync battle

Is he in Ridealong 2?

• Advertisement
Advertisement