Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Couldn't agree more!

I have a feeling I am going to hate deb this season as she tries to "save Dex" - not gonna happen love!!

Hope she ends up on Dex's table............too much? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Couldn't agree more!

I have a feeling I am going to hate deb this season as she tries to "save Dex" - not gonna happen love!!

Hope she ends up on Dex's table............too much? :p

You mean you dont already hate her,
    I cant stand her since day 1.
    good ending to episode 1 though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

is anyone a fan of deb :p i miss rita

i'm giving up on boardwalk empire myself even though it has been given a 4th season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

You mean you dont already hate her,
    I cant stand her since day 1.

I think its because i have read all the books - she is fairly spot on to the character, so she never bothered me!

Except the girl needs to eat a f*cking sandwich!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just watched Dexter there. WOW! They really set everything in motion. Deb seems to have her blinkers on when it comes to Dex, an intelligence blind spot, but she was pretty persistent to uncover the truth about him. Although still a great show, I wasn't overly pleased with the "holding patterns" of the last two seasons, which instead of evolving and going in a new direction, kinda re-hashed things done in previous seasons (Lumen, the 'maybe we can kill together' gimmick was done already with Miguel; and the Doomsday killer was just another serial killer imo). I guess it did affect Dex in that he thought on things from a religious PoV but stuff like Deborah's love angle seems like complete filler until we start the wheels in motion to ending the show.

When Dexter started, I thought there were two big storylines to play - when do they find his body stash, and when do they realise who Dexter is and chase him down! They did the former in S2, and now they're setting up the second. Absolutely can't wait to see how it develops.

I still can't figure out LaGuerta's motive for stealing the blood slide evidence. She was in disbelief that Doakes was the Bay Harbour Butcher, so why break the chain of evidence and go all rouge with it? She's not protecting anyone, and potentially (and actually) the killer is still out there!

The last scene of the show, I really hope it's not a bloody swerve, it was incredible realisation. Not only did Deb find the tools, but he found all of his secrets, his slides, and oh man, he came clean. I absolutely can't wait!

• Advertisement

Couple of extra Q's -

What did u think of Det. Mike? (The black cop who wore a suit and got shot?) - I quite liked him but he didn't really add anything. Was he unpopular?

So glad to see Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo from ROME) as some kind of Ukranian Mafia Boss. Looking forward to seeing how he fits in. Do you think he'll come after Miami Metro for the death of one of his mates?

Do you think Deb'll be accepting of Dexter's secret? Although she was in shock, she was pretty cool with disposing of Tom Hanks' son and that he only kills bad guys that have evaded the law could be swung to be somewhat morally justifiable.

Are there any leads for tracing the Bay Harbour Butcher? Besides the blood slide what could LaGuerta & Co have to go on?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Couple of extra Q's -

What did u think of Det. Mike? (The black cop who wore a suit and got shot?) - I quite liked him but he didn't really add anything. Was he unpopular?

So glad to see Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo from ROME) as some kind of Ukranian Mafia Boss. Looking forward to seeing how he fits in. Do you think he'll come after Miami Metro for the death of one of his mates?

Do you think Deb'll be accepting of Dexter's secret? Although she was in shock, she was pretty cool with disposing of Tom Hanks' son and that he only kills bad guys that have evaded the law could be swung to be somewhat morally justifiable.

Are there any leads for tracing the Bay Harbour Butcher? Besides the blood slide what could LaGuerta & Co have to go on?

I can understand thinking perhaps Mike was unpopular as it just seemed to early to get rid of a promising (IMO) character. I had thought that he would become a problem to Dexter (and Deb) as the season went on as he would (ala Doakes) not be blinded to Dexter's unusual activity due to friendship in the same way the other main characters like Batista or Masuka would be.

Why Laguerta stole the blood slide from evidence (from your previous post) would be, and obviously this is just an assumption that a) nobody but her knew about the blood slide (Masuko even said due to Mike's death he hadn't started on the church crime scenes evidence) and b) That due to her personal history with Sgt Doakes and how much of a major deal the Butcher case was for the department (think of the wire and how much pressure was on the close the cases on the dead bodies fished out of the river in S2 for example if youve seen that) plus the media nightmare if it got out the case was being reopened especially seing as evidence indicated it was someone from Miami metro behind the murders.

This is something she will have to develop solo before she brings it to anyone due to the ramifications of what her doing so could mean。

Will post my thoughts on the new walking dead game :) just wanted to give a heads up for people who wander in.
    WALKING DEAD VIDEO GAME EP4 SPOILERS TO FOLLOW

Played through it twice today so see how other avenues pan out. I quite enjoyed it, but I didn't feel it was as excellent as Episode 3. I don't think things resonated with me as well as it was supposed to, and it obviously did in others!

After Ben ran away and left Clem to the walkers at the start, I was ready to drop him next chance I got. But over the course of the story, I felt he needed & badly wanted to prove himself despite himself, so I helped him up (even after moments ago saying we should leave him behind!!)

Although it was sad digging the grave, it was a child and dog we didn't know, unlike Duck, so I wasn't that sad about it. Another terrifying visual, the wall. Good God.

I'm kinda sick of dealing with Kenny. Especially in this episode he seems very little help. I suppose he knows how to work a boat but he quite hurts morale in the group. I chose to shoot attic boy as Kenny was on his knees, let him sit this one out. I suppose I was a little annoyed we didn't get to properly search for Clem's parents, well at least go to her old house. I didn't appreciate the brow-beating at the end of the game by old man withers either!

Loved the more action-orientated segments. I don't suppose there's any way to kill all of them at the start, as Chuck has to come in for the rescue. The bell tower was also pretty cool as well. People should learn to barricade doors! Plenty of bookcases and tables going about smile.png

Man, being stalked is very freaky, they integrated it very well and left a massive, sad cliffhanger. I can't believe Lee got bitten - even replayed it to make sure there wasn't a way around it - but it's a great push to make sure people play the final chapter. I thought the story might close with having to choose between your life and clem's, or maybe a happy ending, but it's gonna be a tearful one regardless. I initially hid the bite, then I came clean.

How are people liking Omar and his girl-friend? Who do you think the stalker will be? And who was Molly looking for (she had a picture of a brunette)? She knew someone in Crawford, so was she kicked out?

Overall I still really enjoyed it, it's been a harrowing road, can't wait to see the horrific conclusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Deb + Dexter's table. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Awesome, a chance to talk about Walking Dead :D

*****LIKEWISE, SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE GAME, FOR ALL FOUR EPISODES*******

I'm going to start off a bit negative, but will swing round to the more positive aspects as I go on.

While I really like the game, I've come to the conclusion that your choices really influence very little in the game, despite what it says at the start of each episode. The end stats screen at the end of episode 4 drove that home since no matter how you play the game, you still can only have a very small pool of people come with you. I started to realise it was a problem when they killed off Carly (in my game); I understand it costs more to voice to different outcomes with multiple characters, and I guess playing far higher budgeted games like Mass Effect has spoiled me, but I hate when you get a choice in one episode, only for it to be redundant or inconsequential in the next.

In episode one, you're tasked with saving Duck or Shawn....only Shawn dies either way. You save Carly or the other dude, but either will die soon enough. You can save Molly in Ep.4, but if she doesn't die, she just leaves the story quickly after. You can choose whether to take the stuff from the car or not, but it's never brought up again. Every one of the major decisions just gets made for you eventually no matter what you do. I know choice in games tend to be an illusion but still.....

Regardless, once you get over that hurdle, I still love the story being told. I love the Walking Dead and getting to see the cameos (from the main guys like Hershel and Glenn to even the smaller ones like Lily) from the show and comics is great. The story is strong, if somewhat predictable at time (I had guessed the bite was coming, since I'm fairly certain I read that Season 2 will be a fresh start with new characters, so it made sense). For the price, it's phenomenal.

I ended up having Ben, Omid and Christine in my final party; Kenny buggered off, but I wasn't surprised, since I spent most of the last four episodes calling him a whimp and an idiot. My story with Ben is identical to Jay's, except I kept him alive to act as cannon fodder later in the story. I'm hoping saving him now will mean he can die heroically later to save my ass. Reading online, you've got to try pretty hard to make the other two leave you; figure Christine is pregnant so they'll want to play that story out. As for the stalker, I don't see many options for who it can be; one of Clem's parents gone crazy? Traditionally, you'd pick someone who the group would be aware of, but I don't see who that could be. I will say fair play to the writers for having a child character in a game who doesn't make me want to rip my head off....

I can't wait for the final episode now. Have really enjoyed it, and my main hope is that they get a bigger budget to do a proper full game off the back of this one.

• Advertisement

I completely agree. The would-be sprawling tale is curtailed pretty obviously, that almost everything you do doesn't really matter. You can't save Carly and Doug beyond episode 3 and whatever happens (for example) you're gonna make Clem cry in ep 4. Definitely, it's due to budget constraints, hopefully S2 has a bigger staff etc and can do much more sprawling games.

It's an odd way of looking at fate, that some people are going to die no matter what. Either way it's still definitely worth the cash -- well, the €25, not the $80 for the limited edition disc!!! :eek:

The limited edition, from what I can see, actually is decent value. The compendium that comes with the limited edition costs $60 dollars in itself. I spent about 80€ to gather the equivalent comics in book form, so even that's good value. From what I can work out, I spent about 90-100€ (Books 1-4 at €20 quid each, the game at €15 for the full series) to get what the limited edition box is offering for about 55€.

EDIT: Also just found this on Wiki....
    The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is an upcoming first-person shooter developed by Terminal Reality and published by Activision. Unlike The Walking Dead by Telltale Games, which was based on the comics, Terminal Reality's The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is based on the television series. It is scheduled to be released in 2013.
    The game is a prequel to the TV show, and is set in the Georgia countryside focusing on Daryl and Merle Dixon as they fight their way through the walkers and make their way to Atlanta. The player, as Daryl, can either fight the zombies or stealthily sneak past them. The player will also meet other characters along the way, who can either help or hurt him.

Are those books the complete walking dead comic book series? Because if so then it's a game changer. I thought it was some arse of it's own comic-book tie-in.

Yeah. The compendium (Amazon Link) which comes with the limited edition collects the first 48 issues of the proper Walking Dead comic books, covering up to the end of the Prison/Woodbury arc. Nothing to do with the game except for being in the same world and the cameos. If you've not read the comics, as I said, it's actually really good value....

Dexter:

How awesome would it be if they brought back Doakes? Even as a Zombie or something. He was a great character, so much better than Quinn who is usually just sorta there. Can see leGuerta dieing this season, about six seasons too late!

Also, arent those inmate and visitor things usually recorded? Dexter didnt hold back in admitting to murder on it. Would be a cheap way to catch him, but it would make sense. Dexter's ego got the better of him in that he just had to go and talk to Issac when it wasnt needed. He could have just left it and been done with it.

Homeland:

Think Carrie will end up doing something stupid and sacrificing herself to save Brody. Not sure what they can do for a third season with how fast they are tearing through storylines so can see one of the main characters dieing to give them a fresh angle for season three. In this case, Carrie.

Can we talk about Skyfall?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,222 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can we talk about Skyfall?

Havent seen it myself yet but is it really the best bond film ever as some are claiming?

Re: The Walking Dead
    I am delighted Lori is dead but is the baby belong to Shane or Rick?

Damn it, shouldn't have read the Walking Dead spoiler >_< Is that this week's episode? It was too inviting of a grey box not too highlight >_< I am thrilled at that spoiler though...

Comic Spoilers with regards the question Liz asked;
    It's never revealed in the comics who the baby belongs to. The world is gone to hell, so there's no way to check. Rick just decides since it's Lori's, he's going to move on as if it's his.

Of course; (MORE, BIGGER SPOILERS WHICH WILL LIKELY IMPACT THE SHOW, DONT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK HAVING THE ENTIRE SEASON SPOILED, AND THE COMICS)
    In the comics, Lori and the baby die at the same time, when The Govenor orders one of his soldiers to fire at the group, a bullet going through Lori AND the baby. The death of the baby leads to a revolt against The Guv' and his ultimate death.

As for Skyfall, I can't judge if it was the best one or not. I've never been the biggest Bond fan. I used to enjoy the older ones, as opposed to the last two which were more realistic. I know I watched QoS twice but cannot remember for the life of me what happened.

Skyfall, personally, was the best of the three Craig films, since they went back to what I consider Bond to be about; one-liners, cheese, OTT action, camp villains. I reckon a lot of the "Best Bond Ever" thoughts would be coming from the fact there's a huge amount of references and nods to older films. Some of the injokes are subtle, some not so much. One at the end made everyone at my viewing groan in unison at how awkward it was.

Still though, despite some dodgy writing in place (eg; a character gets wounded at one point and for the next 15 minutes, the wound seems to jump in severity up and down the scale, as the plot needs it to), I enjoyed it. Not my Film of the Year, but a good popcorn film and plenty to enjoy if you're a Bond fan.

Sons of Anarchy S01 E05

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: HOLY FCUK!!!! Removing a tattoo with FIRE??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy S01 E05

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: HOLY FCUK!!!! Removing a tattoo with FIRE??? :eek:

That's a brilliant episode. Still one of my favourite moments of that show

• Advertisement

Just finished the latest Walking Dead. Jesus, that was brutal :pac:

Dexter. Seriously, just fcuking kill Deb already. She drags it down soooo much. Everything else is at worst ok, Deb's parts are just awful. Just kill her already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Just finished the latest Walking Dead. Jesus, that was brutal :pac:
    Up to date now meself. Delighted about Lori. Always hated her. Funny how they kill off one black lad and replace him with another.

Gonna be interesting where they go with Merle and Daryl as they're not in the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Lori will always be Sara Tencredi to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,222 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

glenjamin wrote: »
    Gonna be interesting where they go with Merle and Daryl as they're not in the comics.

TWD tv show better keep them in, best characters imo

I'll take a guess at the Daryl/Merle story.

Merle gives out that Daryl has gone all soft, helping with the kid, falling for Carol and all that. Daryl, in a bid to win back his brother's respect, turns heel, siding with Merle, telling Carol to bugger off and trying to help him take over the prison, all the while justifying it himself by saying everyone would be better off in Woodbury.

Only, somehow, Carol dies, as a result of something his brother did. This causes Daryl to see the light, and start to turn face again. This would ultimately build to a fight in that Zombie Wrestling Federation they've got going, pitting brother against brother, with Daryl besting Merle and letting him get eaten by a walker. Daryl then says something like "I stopped being your brother a long time ago. These people are good and I'm a better person for being with 'em".

Funny how they kill off one black lad and replace him with another.

Ha! Yeah I thought "they've filled their quota" lol

Merle was def acting under the Governor's wishes going to kill Michone, but what would that gain them? She's gone and never coming back, blonde nihilist turned her away! I can only guess it was an ego trip that no-one's allowed leave. Why else would Govenor care about Michone?

About glen and the missus, Merle's gonna have to keep them captive otherwise they'll speak to what a scumbag he is. Really interested to see them catch up with the nihilist. They must've been scavenging quite close to the prison for Michone to be able to find her way there. Or maybe glen mentioned something that gave the location away. Overall nice breather of an ep, brighter as they found carol (offscreen death would be crappy) and rick got to say goodbye and start to pick himself back up. Man I love this show :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Enjoying this series if TWD much more than last one. Acting is still a bit poo at times tho.

S3 of Walking Dead has been great. Watching "Making of" episodes on YT - damn, so many of the character have improved since S2 - Rick, Andrea, Carl, Lori :D I marked out hard when Rick thought he saw a ghost in the half-season finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Up to date now meself. Delighted about Lori. Always hated her. Funny how they kill off one black lad and replace him with another.

:rolleyes: again

Advertisement