Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jessica Jones S2 is up on Netflix, which is awesome timing cause I just finished Psych :D

I never finished Punisher; it was so depressing for the first few episodes. Hope Jessica provides more of a lift.

Did you watch the Psych movie as well? The series was so fun

Jessica Jones being available confused me since don't they usually go up on the Friday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did you watch the Psych movie as well? The series was so fun

Come on son! You know thats right.

:P

Watched the movie last night. Enjoyed it but I'm sure people who waited years for it, rather than the 48 hours I did, enjoyed it more. Was sad to see Lassy though, although I knew it advance he had the stroke the days before they filmed. Been trying to keep tabs and make sure he's ok, cause I adored the Lassy character.

It also took me ages to not see Charlie from West Wing when I started Psych. Now, I worry I'll struggle not to see Gus when I go back to TWW. I'll be waiting for Shawn to pop up outside the Oval Office windows. :pac:

Say, you guys hear about Pluto?

I watched it on the weekly basis it aired. Hadn't watched West Wing before that so no confusion for me.
    Didn't know about Timothy Omundson's stroke until I googled after his appearance in the movie.

He's great at comedy, whether playing
    "God"
    in Lucifer or in a random duo with Vinnie Jones (yep, Vinnie Jones), singing and dancing in the excellent Galavant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ahh no didnt know about Timothys stroke sad to hear hopefully he is getting better hes been great 3 seasons in so far

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So apparently there's a prequel film of The Sopranos coming.
    The Many Saints of Newark, the working title for a feature prequel of The Sopranos that is set in the era of the Newark riots in the 60s.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/david-chase-the-sopranos-prequel-movie-the-many-saints-of-newark-new-line-1202319202/

sky88 wrote: »
    Ahh no didnt know about Timothys stroke sad to hear hopefully he is getting better hes been great 3 seasons in so far

It apparently happened 48 hours before they started shooting the reunion film :(

I loved him as Cain in Supernatural too.

It apparently happened 48 hours before they started shooting the reunion film :(

I loved him as Cain in Supernatural too.

Ahh thst just keeps sounding worse poor guy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Finally got around to watching Get Out. It was exactly as I expected and really a good quality movie that deserves the praise it gets. Now to follow it up with an equally good movie... hmm what is this Justice League movie, some indie Shakespearean drama no doubt, well guess I'll find out soon enough.

why do I do this to myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

you're truly a wrestling fan already insulting something you're dying to watch :p:p

jaykhunter wrote: »
    you're truly a wrestling fan already insulting something you're dying to watch :p:p

There is truth in that but usually no matter how bad i'd have watched a big movie like that in the cinema but I just couldn't justify paying to see that as I knew it'd be terrible and annoy the hell out of me. I already felt they did not deserve my money for messing up what could have been even though I have not viewed it myself yet.

Yep similar to how many would not pay for a PPV they expect to disappoint them but might stream it. Which in the end would actually make it even worse than it could be just like here where this def seems like a "cinema movie" due to it (most likely) being a big CGI mess.

The more I think of it WWE and the DCEU could be a good comparison for each other. When done right they can actually be damn good (see Wonder Woman minus the last 1/4) and they are choc full of potential (Great iconic characters and people like Affleck actually aren't bad in the roles) and yet they just keep dissapointing and not fulfilling that potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I read DCEU as DCU and wondered what an Irish Marvel superhero universe would be like :pac:

I read DCEU as DCU and wondered what an Irish Marvel superhero universe would be like :pac:

Pitched that movie to the Irish Film Board back in Uni. They liked it but flat out refused the notion it could be funded :(

29243885_2188812301135330_6012166268272240718_n.jpg?oh=47a626fb8f35f6e01f74a877582bea72&oe=5B3EC9F4

Trailer dropped today as well..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why did they not just call it Marvel's Avengers Cluster****?

Edit: or maybe that should be overkill?

Cannot underestimate how much i need to see that movie

Well we could get Siryn and Banshee in it. And apparently Captain America is the son of Irish immigrants. Can bring in Scottish characters as well like Rahne Sinclair and Moira McTaggert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Iron-Man or Cap, who dies?

I think Cap.

Won't be watching any trailers or reading about it. I've said before that trailers give away too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

If there's any star wars fans here I'd recommend watching star wars rebels. It's a cartoon but it's incredibly well made with a good story and a lot darker than you'd think for a kid's show

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Iron-Man or Cap, who dies?

I think Cap.

Both, I reckon. Vision is screwed. War Machine. Probably a Guardian too (at least Nebula, maybe Mantis?)

Don't think I've ever been so psyched for a film.

I think cap dies this one iron man in th he next one.sadly big dave might be no more as well. Vision is a cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone watching AMC's "The Terror"?

It's based off a book by Dan Simmons, which itself is based in fact. It's gotten high ratings of 9.1 out of 10 over on IMDB. Watched the first episode last night, it's very atmospheric

So last week's iZombie had one of the characters acting like a pro wrestler. Great fun series if you're not watching it.

So last week's iZombie had one of the characters acting like a pro wrestler. Great fun series if you're not watching it.

Been meaning to catch back up to that. Think I got a few episodes into season 4 and then just forgot to go back.

Any Supernatural fans? Scooby-Natural was utterly amazing last night. Probably my favorite episode ever...

Only 5 episodes gone so far in season 4. Episode 4 had the impression

• Advertisement

Oh must have been season 3 then.

Felt I had seen more than two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really like iZombie too. That and Santa Clarita Diet is how the zombie genre should be treated these days.

Not like that miserable shíte, Walking Dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,987 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Been meaning to catch back up to that. Think I got a few episodes into season 4 and then just forgot to go back.

Any Supernatural fans? Scooby-Natural was utterly amazing last night. Probably my favorite episode ever...

Dean scooby snacking :p one of best crossover episodes ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

IZombie is great fun, I'm really far behind on it cos of RTE buying the rights to it before season 3 and then putting it on at a ridiculous time from the very start. But now that Netflix have it again I'll be sure to get cracking with it.

I'm very excited for new Westworld in a few weeks.

I dropped most of the CW shows during this season, including Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, Supernatural and Riverdale, as well as XFiles and Walking Dead. May go back at some point in the future but dunno.

For Westworld, I'm thinking of letting episodes all air before watching

• Advertisement

I dropped most of the CW shows during this season, including Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, Supernatural and Riverdale, as well as XFiles and Walking Dead. May go back at some point in the future but dunno.

For Westworld, I'm thinking of letting episodes all air before watching

Did that last time and fully intend on going the other way with it now. I think if you let each episode settle / peculate for a while everything will just mean more, make so much more sense and not just seem like too many twists one after another.

Westworld is one of those shows I know I'd enjoy but just havent got round to yet. Have heard good things about it, about twists and such, though haven't heard specifics.

Westworld is one of those shows I know I'd enjoy but just havent got round to yet. Have heard good things about it, about twists and such, though haven't heard specifics.

I consider it to be one of if not my actual favourite first season of any show I've watched. None of my friends or family share this opinion, though they all enjoyed it but I love everything about it. Story, acting, sets & effects, the score is fantastic at times and while the show has a lot of mystery & layers I feel like they actually address them instead of falling into the trap of leaving everything unresolved. But as a fan of sci-fi and modern western adaptations I think it was always going to appeal to me anyway.

Like I said, I'm very excited for the new season :p

Ready Player One is so much fun.

The nostalgia spans 40 odd years, and there's loads of amazing, subtle references.

The story is very basic, and the "twists" are fairly straight forward.

But the visuals are just incredible.

And it lets me write this line
    My favorite bit is when Serenity flies into battle and lets a Gundam drop down to fight MechaGodzilla. What a battle!

Going dark on everything related to Avengers: Infinity War.

Both, I reckon. Vision is screwed. War Machine. Probably a Guardian too (at least Nebula, maybe Mantis?)

Don't think I've ever been so psyched for a film.
    Vision is DEFINITELY screwed, unless Shuri can somehow have him survive without The Mind Gem, Stark based on how the other trailer was cut with Thanos uttering "I hope they remember you" line Cap also maybe dies based on the 2nd trailer and how he goes mano a mano with Thanos

I'd also hazard a guess and say the untitled sequel will be when Thanos has all the Stones and that's when we'll see the consequences unfold/set up for the future of the MCU going forward.

It's all guess work though..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Going dark on everything related to Avengers: Infinity War.

Im honestly thinking of giving social media a miss after mania just in case

sky88 wrote: »
    Im honestly thinking of giving social media a miss after mania just in case

It'd be a good idea, as no doubt the press reviews for the film will probably hit the web in a few weeks/days before the film opens worldwide on the 27th.

I've said before but I do that for all movies I plan on seeing. Of course it doesn't help when site like IGN post articles with headlines like "How <insert name> is alive" or 5 seconds after the movie is released "Why <insert name> had to die"

Instagram is quite bad for spoilers too constantly seeing stuff that hints at stuff that ends up happening

• Advertisement

I haven't even watched the trailer so I'll be very annoyed if I see spoilers before watching it. I don't even like reading people's guesses or theories. I still remember how angry I was at having a major part of The Force Awakens spoiled on me the day before it came out.

I haven't even watched the trailer so I'll be very annoyed if I see spoilers before watching it. I don't even like reading people's guesses or theories. I still remember how angry I was at having a major part of The Force Awakens spoiled on me the day before it came out.

Seeing as we're 2 years removed from The Force Awakens, (spoiler tags need not apply), but how exactly was a major part of it spoiled for you?

I watched the trailer for The Last Jedi after seeing the film and a lot of it uses scenes from the last act.
    Then we have news stories like an actor being cast as the villain or trailer portraying him as such even though the movie begins with that actor being a good guy or dying. But because of the trailer we know he's still alive and turned bad.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seeing as we're 2 years removed from The Force Awakens, (spoiler tags need not apply), but how exactly was a major part of it spoiled for you?

I was unfortunate/stupid enough to have clicked on the thread in the boards film forum within the 30/60 seconds or so that some troll account posted about Han Solo. Only a few people saw it before the mods deleted it (they were very quick) but with the way it was written by the time we realised what it really was it was too late. The mad thing is I barely ever go into that forum, the thread popped up & curiosity got the better of me. Lesson learned anyway.

I also saw a picture of said spoiler (twitter I think) which left me in no doubt that it was a real one, though this one was accompanied by an additional spoiler which at least ended up not being true.
    I watched the trailer for The Last Jedi after seeing the film and a lot of it uses scenes from the last act.

Civil War was bad for that. We knew what the premise was going in obviously but the most emphasised part of the trailer happened 5 minutes from the end.

I remmeber round the time of Star Wars, there were people changing their Reddit user names, Fifa team names, everything, to "lol Hans dies". I don't get people like that. Similiar happened last season during GoT, where I was on Reddit Politics, clicked "New" and someone had posted a topic with a load of spoilers for an episode there. Was ****ing furious.

Trailers too though. I love when I see a movie and realize ALL of the trailer is from the first 15 minutes. I do think Marvel have gotten better though. If I remember right, chunks of recent trailers they realised weren't actually in their movies. Or you've got the likes of Thor, where the scenes were actually altered to hide some stuff
    eg the scenes in the trailer where he has both eyes, and then in the movie, he's got the eyepatch over his missing one

Tomb Raider's trailer though is one of the worst culprits in recent times though.
    Literally the entire last scene, her getting her iconic two handguns, is in the trailer....

Girl at work asked me on a Monday morning if I had seen the recent Game of Thrones, which had just aired 7 hours before so of course not. She then said there's a big death in it (recent GoT season spoilers)
    was the episode the dragon died
    She doesn't even watch the show herself

I was unfortunate/stupid enough to have clicked on the thread in the boards film forum within the 30/60 seconds or so that some troll account posted about Han Solo. Only a few people saw it before the mods deleted it (they were very quick) but with the way it was written by the time we realised what it really was it was too late. The mad thing is I barely ever go into that forum, the thread popped up & curiosity got the better of me. Lesson learned anyway.

I also saw a picture of said spoiler (twitter I think) which left me in no doubt that it was a real one, though this one was accompanied by an additional spoiler which at least ended up not being true.

Oh man that's unlucky that some troll spoiled the death of Han Solo. Always around major summer blockbusters, avoid the film forum, but that's a lesson you learned the hard way :pac: Damn your curiousity getting the better of you on that particular day..

And this is why avoiding the likes of Facebook, Twitter, even Instagram is a good thing, cause those sites will be awash with spoilers.

When it came to the scene in question, I remember there was a guy sat behind me, was talking to him before the film started, and he never thought he'd be seeing another Star Wars film in the cinema (seen them all from the start), and when the scene came around, there were many utterings of HOLY ****, WHAT THE ****, and some dropped jaws.

Omg, Legends of Tomorrow is so much fun. I was wondering why the episode title was "Guest Starring John Noble".
    Noble voices the main villain of the series at the moment, Mallus. At one point, one of the Legends is watching Lord of the Rings and realises that theres an actor in the movie that sounds just like Mallus. So they time travel to the set of Lord of the Rings and trick John Noble the actor into pretending to be Mallus.

Meanwhile, a giant psychic gorilla is trying to kill Barack Obama in the 70s

And writing stuff like that is why I love the show :P

• Advertisement

Legends is by far the most fun show on tv right now even the ridiculous stuff that happens just all makes sense. They somehow made wally west a character i couldnt stand and hes actually been good

Advertisement