Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    They've announced now that the season is delayed till next summer. Presumably to avoid having to deal with the after math of Infinity War.

Well that throws a monkey wrench in that idea then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Epix channel in the States is making "Pennyworth" about a young a Alfred the series a prequel to Gotham/Batman.

Now this could be the DC series we have all wanted, most of Epix shows are 18's and action packed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh, just "finished" Lucifer.

Can't believe its cancelled :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoyed Deadpool 2

Didnt knw who he was when the first movie came out but it's a refreshing superhero movie where you can go in and have a laugh compared to the seriousness of the MCU/DCU in which it takes the piss out of. Soundtrack is good too

Quite a queen fan myself and can't wait for Bohemian Rhapsody and feel no matter how bad it could be I'll watch it a few times cause the Queen/Freddie story is amazing

Loved Deadpool 2

The post credit scenes had me wanting to applaud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reynolds hits another home run with Deadpool 2, loved Cable and Peter
    apparently Matt Damon was cameo as redneck with Firefly's Wash when Cable first enters the current time and takes their truck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ugh, just "finished" Lucifer.

Can't believe its cancelled :(

2 unaired episodes will air next week.
    I'll choose to believe they cancelled it to fund their Smackdown bid and hold a grudge against Smackdown now.
    Ah that's it. WWE had Fox cancel Lucifer and purchase the rights to Smackdown to make Raw more favoured and in turn make Roman look good.

And Deadpool 2 was fun.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    2 unaired episodes will air next week.

2 stand alone episodes that will thus be ignoring the story arc. The plot summary seems to suggest one was actually filmed during season 2, and revolves round Lucifer's mother creating a world in which he never met Chloe.

One of them also has
    Neil Gaiman doing a voice over of an episode, playing God.

So Tom Ellis did a Q&A at MCM Comic Con in London this weekend, he had this to say this about Lucifer's canning from FOX.
    When I said I was going to do a Q and A today I said specifically yes, but I will categorically tell you at the start of the Q and A I can't answer any questions about whether the show will be saved or not. But what I will say is that when I found out about the cancellation of the show I was gutted actually and when the news came out about the cancellation of the show I became instantly not gutted from the reaction of people and the hashtag 'save Lucifer' has literally picked me up off the floor and the rest of my cast and we're all determined to save the show. Conversations have started happening as a result of the noise that you guys have been making so all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you.

Apparently
    Andrew Lincon
    is leaving Walking Dead. Will do half a dozen episodes next season and then they're gone.

I really think that'll be me done with the show. Killing off Carl was stupid enough....

• Advertisement

Apparently
    Andrew Lincon
    is leaving Walking Dead. Will do half a dozen episodes next season and then they're gone.

Think I'm 5 episodes behind but no rush to catch up.

As for that spoiler, i know in the comics
    Kirkman has said it's Rick's story and it'll end if he dies. Though that was a long time ago

Another one on their way out of Walking Dead is
    Lauren Cohan who has a new series

2 stand alone episodes that will thus be ignoring the story arc. The plot summary seems to suggest one was actually filmed during season 2, and revolves round Lucifer's mother creating a world in which he never met Chloe.

One of them also has
    Neil Gaiman doing a voice over of an episode, playing God.

And both episodes were really enjoyable. Much better than most from the rest of the season

First trailer for Cena's Transformers film is out.

First trailer for Cena's Transformers film is out.

Spitting out the Rick Astley tape at the end
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Remember that Andre the Giant documentary by HBO that they were advertising during WrestleMania weekend?

It aired last night, and is currently available On Demand from Sky Atlantic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cena to star in the next Jackie Chan film Project X.

He will also replace The Rock in The Janson Directive a film based on a Robert Ludlum novel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Conspiracy: Peter Thiel, Hulk Hogan, Gawker, and the Anatomy of Intrigue
    Book by Ryan Holiday

Is being made into a movie written by the guy who wrote the Big Short and apparently they are going after an A list cast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Conspiracy: Peter Thiel, Hulk Hogan, Gawker, and the Anatomy of Intrigue
    Book by Ryan Holiday

Is being made into a movie written by the guy who wrote the Big Short and apparently they are going after an A list cast

cannot wait to see who they get to play hulk

Im literally scrolling through Amazon at the moment, looking for a wrestling book. Is that one any good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Im literally scrolling through Amazon at the moment, looking for a wrestling book. Is that one any good?

Have not read it but I would not expect it to be a "wrestling book", does not mean you would not find it interesting though, especially with the Hogan link.

I think having the Big Short writer attached kinda signifies what direction / style this movie might go in / have. It might also indicate what kind of book it was. Not exactly one where there are good guys but... umm Gawker sucked so they will kinda be the bad guys even though supporting a billionaire with a personal vendetta using a guy taped banging his friends wife to bring them down isn't exactly good guy behavior.

sky88 wrote: »

David Schwimmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »

J.K. Simmons :P I could see him as older Hulk

Netflix has saved Lucifer!!!! :D

Netflix has saved Lucifer!!!! :D

:D

10 episodes

And Netflix means it can go darker.

Tbh, I'm glad to get even one. Now we get to see a proper payoff to that cliffhanger :D

• Advertisement

I need to finish Season 3, I seriously dropped off it after episode 6 or 7 I think, and I need to resub to Netflix then.

Omg, there's talks that Patrick Stewart might be doing some appearances as Picard in a new Star Trek series they are trying to do. Oh please be true...

Another new series? Not Discovery?

Another new series? Not Discovery?

Reports are they are working on three different new series, separate to Discovery.

They took their time with Discovery, trying to figure out where to set it and whether to set it in the OG universe or the Abrams-verse.
    I remember talk for years about a Riker led series.

• Advertisement

Luke Cage S2 is out today, apparently.

Not sure I'll bother though. I liked S1 enough but I started both Punisher AND Jessica Jones, and just stopped after a few episodes. Not made a conscious decision to abandon the show. I just never got back to it...

I've been watching all the Marvel series so far so will watch season 2. Watched the first episode already. Was kinda surprised to see it was directed by Lucy Liu. Seemed random. But decent opener.

Just finished watching Rampage. I enjoyed it. Short enough to not overstay its welcome. Though I think they forgot to tell Jeffrey Dean Morgan to stop being Negan.
    Also watched Ready Player One last weekend. Was grand as well. Bit over the place. I never read the book. Felt all the Easter eggs, references and all were a bit much considering how many there were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I’ll watch it all eventually but having only watched episode 1 I’m not really in a rush to push on with it. It’s all a bit repetitive.

I watched the first episode of the second season of 13 Reasons Why the weekend it came out. Still need to get back to it.
    GLOW is released next Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Whenever I heard Brooklyn 99 was cancelled (and subsequently uncancelled) i started watching it (finally, something available on Netflix!). There's nothing revolutionary, original or sharply witty etc, but it's a very pleasant, positive 22-minutes with 1-2 audible laughs each show. I watch an episode every day. Thumbs up!

Andy Samberg's the main dude (plays a childish but brilliant detective) and I loved his 1-episode cameo in Parks & Rec

I started it as well. Not every day like you but it's an easy watch and no real cringey moments or canned laughter like you get in a lot of comedies these days. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the guy being obsessed with Rosa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Brooklyn 99 is one of my favourite shows season 1 is definitely the worst of them it genuinely gets better as the relationships grow between everyone

New season of GLOW started ok but I hear there's some #MeToo stuff to come along alas.

Awesome Kong is really good in it, more than holds her own as an actress. And some of the ladies in it look better than some of the current wrestlers.

the relationships grow between everyone

Name of your sex tape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Actually enjoying season 2 of glow but there's not much wrestling compared to season 1 and it's more love/relationships etc

Anyone watch walk like a panther yet ?

• Advertisement

The Rock's Fast and Furious film has cast Idris Elba as its main villain. Utterly delighted.

I've caught up on Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and agents of shield

Gotta start season 2 of Westworld, finish season 2 of legion, thank goodness for the fact summer TV is mainly awful

Not watch Legends of Tomorrow? My favourite of the 4. Think I've seen up to 9 or 10 of the latest season of Supergirl. Probably won't watch an episode again until the crossover.

But yeah the summer break is allowing me to finally make some progress on West Wing taking a break after binging season 4.

Then there was Luke Cage and starting Cloak & Dagger. Also watching that new series, Take Two

Not watch Legends of Tomorrow? My favourite of the 4. Think I've seen up to 9 or 10 of the latest season of Supergirl. Probably won't watch an episode again until the crossover.

But yeah the summer break is allowing me to finally make some progress on West Wing taking a break after binging season 4.

Then there was Luke Cage and starting Cloak & Dagger. Also watching that new series, Take Two

I watched legends as it came out couldn't miss it it's brilliant. Supergirl was grand watched it out of loyalty more than anything. Melissa Benoist is amazing so watch it for her aswell. It needed to be like 6 episodes shorter to condense a lot of the story make it snappier.

I forgot Luke cage and Glow also on the list, I wanna start cloak and dagger aswell.

But on top of that I started Witcher 3 and I'm barely making a dent.

Only so many hours in the day

I'm always thinking "Yay, summer break!" but with so much wrestling, boot camp, oh and that work thing, it's hard to tell there's more time to watch stuff.
    Like you as well, I'm trying to make a dent in the gaming backlog. Puppeteer finished last night. Maybe Firewatch on the PC next. Get a few short games out of the way.

Praise Beebo. Legends is awesome :D

Castor, please don't put West Wing into my head, cause I can't afford to squeeze a (fifth) re-run of it :P

Antman and the Wasp is exactly what was needed after Infinity War,
    its super light weight, a small story (no one is trying to end the world; the villain is sympathetic, and it's a story of family's). It's funny, charming and leaves everyone with a smile on their face at the end.
    A perfect popcorn film.

Just..uh...
    if you want to leave upbeat, maybe skip the after-credits....snap....

Edited cause I thought it was out already. Nothing massively spoilers in the first paragraph but just in case...

Oh wow, just saw it's not out in Ireland for another month? Wow. That's an unusual delay for Marvel films, right?

Oh wow, just saw it's not out in Ireland for another month? Wow. That's an unusual delay for Marvel films, right?

Delayed due to the World Cup I believe.

• Advertisement

Blame the World Cup. They didn't want to release it in England due to it possibly affecting the box office. And we usually go by the UK release dates.
    Stupid reasoning, as a non sports fan

Advertisement