Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's just stupid reasoning full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Finished GLOW season 2 tonight. Enjoyed it overall, it got better as it went along. Awesome Kong is great in a few episodes.

Sicario 2, while not as good as the first, it's a decent action film.

Also Josh Brolin is having one hell of a 2018, Avengers Infinity War, Deadpool 2 and Sicario 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Pentecost wrote: »
    Finished GLOW season 2 tonight. Enjoyed it overall, it got better as it went along. Awesome Kong is great in a few episodes.

Better or worse than S1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Better or worse than S1?

finished it myself definitely not as good for me as the 1st season. the 1st half of the season especially dragged at times but kong was fantastic when giving the spotlight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Better or worse than S1?

It's kinda different with most of the characters established already but I really enjoyed it. I would say it was better as a whole and has some excellent episodes. Alison Brie is one of the most versatile actors going imo, both emotionally convincing and very funny in pretty much everything I've seen her in.

It's kinda different with most of the characters established already but I really enjoyed it. I would say it was better as a whole and has some excellent episodes. Alison Brie is one of the most versatile actors going imo, both emotionally convincing and very funny in pretty much everything I've seen her in.

Agree, it was very much a continuation of season 1 really. Probably slightly better overall.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

James Gunn has been sacked by Disney and removed from future GOTG projects after several dozen old offensive tweets resurfaced, wherein he joked bout rape and pedophillia.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    James Gunn has been sacked by Disney and removed from future GOTG projects after several dozen old offensive tweets resurfaced, wherein he joked bout rape and pedophillia.

I know they aren't subjects to be joked about, but clearly people have nothing better to do than dig up several year old tweets.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know they aren't subjects to be joked about, but clearly people have nothing better to do than dig up several year old tweets.

Joys of being famous, I guess. More surprised they took this long to surface.

• Advertisement

Joys of being famous, I guess. More surprised they took this long to surface.

It's absolute bull**** that he's being raked over the coals because of those tweets, I mean he went on a 5 tweet thread explaining the whole thing, also wouldn't a word behind closed doors just do, instead of him being hung out to dry due to some sad, sad people having nothing better to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long before celebrities all start quitting Twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2018 is the year of #MeToo and trial by social media yet Trump is still POTUS

Gunn himself has been opininated of other celebs e.g. Jared Leto

I am guessing Taika Waititi will be taking over GOTG3 (or will it be Christopher Plummer :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Sack Gunn keep hiring Johnny Depp...

I think its part and parcel of working with Disney. I'd say they don't care about what you've done, but I'd say there's strict contract clauses that say "Bad PR that threatens our money making machines, and we will sack you."

They woudln't want anything risking the giant that is the MCU. That, and they'll probably replace him cheaply enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

On a more positive note, I'm actually looking forward to a M.Night Shamalamadingdong movie!

Bloody hell, Shazam looks amazing, considering it's a DCU film

Speaking of amazing, GODZILLA!

I love Comic Con time of year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Shazam looks pretty cool. As does Godzilla. Though that trailer was missing one big thing.
    Not watching the Glass trailer as would prefer to see it knowing as little as possible.

Dave isn't impressed with Gunn's firing

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1020502763430559744

Nicolas Cage must be king of straight to DVD films now

• Advertisement

He seems to have one a month pop up on VOD these days.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nicolas Cage is the king of films now and Forever

Fixed that for you Liz :pac:

Mission Impossible Fallout is awesome. The bathroom fight scene is brilliant, and the chases are so well choreographed. The story is a little straight forward, but the action is so good, it more than covers for it. Really, really good.

I really want to go watch Teen Titans Go, but worry it will be me and a load of parents with little kids wondering why I'm there :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I have seen a compilation of Gunn’s tweets and they are utterly stupid.

That said, I love seeing when there is a bit of pushback on these kind of things and everyone doesn’t instantly make it into a “more virtuous than thou” competition.

The stupid thing is that his tweets were dealt with by Disney and iirc he apologized about them retroactively when he was originally hired for the first GOTG.

Disney have just lost their cohones in the new social justice political environment of today and when people who didn't like his (Gunn's) political views trawled through his old tweets and found them (that everyone admits were wrong and nobody defends) they bent to their demands and fired him. It's sad and only encourages more numpties to use faux outrage to make social media an even more toxic environment imo

I particularly like that big Dave was the first to speak out in his support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Says a lot about his character, especially given where his career is at, that he has the balls to go against the grain and not sign up wholesale to how he’s supposed to approach these things now he’s a Hollywood star.

Disney reportedly not rushing to replace James Gunn.

https://screenrant.com/disney-james-gunn-guardians-galaxy-3-director-replacement/?utm_content=buffer7f2cb&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=SR-TW&utm_campaign=SR-TW

I don't think Vol. 3 will start production early next year..

has kevin fegie said anything yet i havent seen his name mentioned much all seems to be his bosses at disney

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    has kevin fegie said anything yet i havent seen his name mentioned much all seems to be his bosses at disney

Nope not a peep, I'd imagine his silence is due to bosses above him..

Omg, its official. Patrick Stewart is doing a new series as Picard, showing what he's done after TNG.

https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/status/1025840545216823296

Only stumbled upon this, but the Deadwood movie has the greenlight and shooting starts in October :D

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/deadwood-movie-is-finally-happening-at-hbo-1129743

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Watched All Eyez On Me there last night, a movie about Tupac Shakur. I wouldn't say it was awful. But it was far from good. The guy playing Tupac was pretty good in his role, and looked a lot like him.

However, this movie had a budget greater than Straight Outta Compton, and when you consider this, what they achieved here is disgraceful. There's a lot of disjointed scenes, characters onscreen that, unless you know who they're meant to be, remain unintroduced. There's some scenes where, unless you're familiar with the Tupac story, you won't have a clue of the context.

They get some random guy in to play Snoop Dogg, who looks nothing like him, and then dub Snoops voice in.

What I did find interesting was, with there being a lot of these kind of movies / TV shows coming out lately, some of the same actors cross over. It's nearly like a Gangsta rap marvel universe or something.

The guy playing Suge Knight here also plays Suge in the (rather good) Unsolved show on Netflix.

The guy playing Biggie also starred in Notorious, a movie about Big himself.

And the guy playing Tupac in Unsolved also played him in Straight Outta Compton too.

I’m watching Unsolved at the minute. I’m finding it hard to invest in it since I know nothing happens as a result of the investigation and they keep reminding you of that fact at the end of every episode, for legal reasons presumably. There’s no suspense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Pentecost wrote: »
    I’m watching Unsolved at the minute. I’m finding it hard to invest in it since I know nothing happens as a result of the investigation and they keep reminding you of that fact at the end of every episode, for legal reasons presumably. There’s no suspense.

There's a very good documentary available called Murder Rap that's based on Greg Kading's book of the same name. I think Unsolved was also based on the book

• Advertisement

Well this is going to be a first day purchase :D, absolutely loved the 2016 DOOM..

Funny you should say that. Was only just looking at Doom (2016) cause apparently it's on Game Pass.

May give the 2016 one a go next time I come around to the PC on the cycle.

A Back to the Future reunion

38229612_2741749762511703_337717268509097984_n.jpg?se=7&ig_cache_key=MTg0NDQ5MjE1MzQxODkzNzQ4NA%3D%3D.2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Biff has aged well!

• Advertisement

They all have to be fair Christopher Lloyd is 79 and looks very well for it.

Lea and Michael are 57 both look 10 years younger that in that picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Starting to watch Disenchantment on Netflix. New cartoon by Matt Groening. So far ok very futurama

I know it's hard to believe but Sharknado 6 was really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Starting to watch Disenchantment on Netflix. New cartoon by Matt Groening. So far ok very futurama

Just watched the premiere last night. Noticeable drop from Futurama, despite half of the voice actors showing up - Fry, Bender, Mom (Tress MacNeille). Gonna stick out as long as I can take it, hope it gets better. Bob's Burgers had a rough start and it's now one of my fav shows. Disenchantment has got this "mildly risque" gimmick of being slightly raunchy which is a bit odd. Fingers crossed anyway that they iron out the kinks!
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know it's hard to believe but Sharknado 6 was really bad.

Ah come off it! :p Needed more Kurt Angle!

Henry Cavill has reportedly signed on to star in The Witcher tv show Netflix are doing.

Henry Cavill has reportedly signed on to star in The Witcher tv show Netflix are doing.

The big question is, has his mustache?

They'll digitally remove the moustache to digitally add the beard. Then use Deluxe Paint V to alter the colour

Just see Doctor Who returns October 7th, for anyone interested. Moving to a Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They'll digitally remove the moustache to digitally add the beard. Then use Deluxe Paint V to alter the colour

can he not just shave it off

Batista's new film Final Score is on Sky Movies (this is Big Dave's Die Hard set at a West Ham match)

• Advertisement
Advertisement