Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why are they making Top Gun 2 ???

cant beat the soundtrack of the original and have a bad feeling the new one will be all pop/rap ****e

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Why are they making Top Gun 2?

Money. Studios like money.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone pick up the new Spider-Man game?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I wish. I currently sitting here staring at my Xbox one in disgust.

Loughc wrote: »
    I wish. I currently sitting here staring at my Xbox one in disgust.

PS4 FTW :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Havent had a chance to get properly into spiderman yet but really impressed by it so far graphics are just phenomenal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah I went a bit mad and bought the collectors edition & upgraded my ps4 to the limited edition Spidey Pro.... I really like Spider-Man :pac:

I think the game is a lot of fun so far, web swinging is brilliant. All comic book/Spiderman fans are going to enjoy it

PS4 FTW :pac:

Only cause I rarely have time to play any game at the moment I would have convinced myself I need the PS4 pro spider-man limited edition :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not played it but watched by brother play it a bit.

Looks like the Arkham games but brighter and with Spidey people. Can't wait to play it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I just found out gamestop are doing a trade in 2 select games, plus pay €1 to get this.

They have some fairly old games on their list, might suit someone! For example, DIRT Rally is one (which will be trading along with Street Fighter Anniversary Collection!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think Spidey and God of War will both be going on the Santa list.
    Though these days I'm reluctant to buy games until the GotY type edition

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    Think Spidey and God of War will both be going on the Santa list. Though these days I'm reluctant to buy games until the GotY type edition

Spiderman has a season pass which may even be in a PSN sale by Christmas but God of War has no DLC beyond free updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »

That's a shame, I thought he was a great fit. Better than yer man Brandon Routh ever was anyhow.

Now it's Tom Welling's time to rise:);)

I see that the link also rumors Afflect to step down as Batman as well. No harm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Despite liking superhero stuff since I was a young fella watching Spider-Man, X-Men & Batman cartoons with my Coco Pops before school I never really got Superman, not sure why. Maybe it's because there were no new Superman films when I was growing up but none of the new ones drew me in. I even read comic books now but have never read any Superman ones.

I like Cavill though and really looking forward to seeing what they do for The Witcher on Netflix.

• Advertisement

Already rumours of Michael B Jordan taking over. Because what better way to keep Superman fans happy.

Tyler Hoechlin is actually a pretty good fit in the role on Supergirl from what I saw

The dceu is slowly falling apart and it's looking like we may never get Justice League 2/legion of doom etc

How can they just still have the same Batman/Superman in it with new actors ??. It worked for the hulk in the MCU but this is different

Could Bruce and Clark feck off into the sunset and give there powers to other guys ?

Bruce/Batman doesn't have any powers, sure he could pick someone to step in and replace him..

This is where Flashpoint would've been handy....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:
    The dceu is slowly falling apart and it's looking like we may never get Justice League 2/legion of doom etc

Slowly?
    Bar Wonder Woman none of them are particularly good. Dawn of Justice was awful & Suicide Squad was absolutely atrocious.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Slowly?
    Bar Wonder Woman none of them are particularly good. Dawn of Justice was awful & Suicide Squad was absolutely atrocious.

5 films, and only one's been actually good..

• Advertisement

Teaser for "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina", Netflix's take on Sabrina the Teenage Witch :)

So just like the Melissa Joan Hart version. :)

So the new Spider-Man game on PS4 is excellent....

So the new Spider-Man game on PS4 is excellent....

Not really into Gaming but have heard and saw great things about this game. Might get it someday

I wonder will we see other marvel characters get similar type games ??? Iron man, captain America, GOTG

Not really into Gaming but have heard and saw great things about this game. Might get it someday

I wonder will we see other marvel characters get similar type games ??? Iron man, captain America, GOTG

There is an avengers game in the works at the moment. Different developer tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

John Morrison is on this seasons Survivor.

First trailer for "Holmes and Watson". There's a certain Monster in the Bank with a cameo too apparently...

The story in Spider-Man on the PS4 is incredible.

Is it connected to the Sony Spiderverse ,the MCU or is standalone

Is it connected to the Sony Spiderverse ,the MCU or is standalone

It's a standalone game.

• Advertisement

Coming back to this as I wrapped the main story earlier this evening, hands down the best Spidey game I've played.

Speaking of Spiderman, the new trailer for Into The Spiderverse dropped. I'm usually not that into animated films in cinema, but the trailers are incredible for this.

I noticed with the previous trailer as well, but the animation seems very janky. And seems to be a cross between Isle of Dogs style stop motion and Telltale games with maybe a bit of the MTV Spider-Man thrown in there.

So for any Lethal Weapon fans here, Damon Wayans announced he's leaving.
    But main reason for posting here is part of the reason he's leaving sounds very familiar to wrestling fans
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/damon-wayans-lethal-weapon-exit-1202967299/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So for any Lethal Weapon fans here, Damon Wayans announced he's leaving.
    But main reason for posting here is part of the reason he's leaving sounds very familiar to wrestling fans
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/damon-wayans-lethal-weapon-exit-1202967299/

He is 58 :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is 58 :eek:

Please tell me he said he was "getting too old for this sh*t!" :D

Yep. And then was also influenced by Shawn Michaels
    “I’m done. Like Murtaugh said, I’m too old for this.” Asked if he’s kidding, Wayans shook his head and said “No.” As for what he’s going to do next, Wayans added, “I’m going to return to the stage and try to find my smile again.”

So after Cena voicing the villain in the first episode of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, the latest episode was wrestling themed called "Shell in a Cell". Though I think their wrestling consultant may have been Cameron as they counted a pin when the person was face down.

A new 5 minute Aquaman extended trailer.

• Advertisement

James Gunn signs on to Suicide Squad 2 as writer and possible/probable director.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    James Gunn signs on to Suicide Squad 2 as writer and possible/probable director.

A brave man!

True Detective Season 3 premiers January 13th 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

True Detective Season 3 premiers January 13th 2019.

Cool, how was S2? I quit after 1-2 eps.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Cool, how was S2? I quit after 1-2 eps.

Looking back on it, it was a hit and miss for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paddy McGuinness, Chris Harris and Freddie Flintoff to host Top Gear

• Advertisement

Anyone watching Bake Off?

So happy tonight :D

Nope. I'm watching a film about a virgin who lights a black flame candle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyone watching Bake Off?

So happy tonight :D

Just seen it now. Fully deserved

Watched the Marine 6 starring The Miz, HBK and Becky.

It's a typical Marine film starring The Miz.

How are those films? Haven't seen any of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement