Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Straight to DVD rubbish in an enjoyable way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Watched the Marine 6 starring The Miz, HBK and Becky.

It's a typical Marine film starring The Miz.

wwe still making movies?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not going to lie, I think this looks genuinely awesome, and got goosebumps from it. A proper, live action Pokémon film.

Stan Lee has died aged 95. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stan Lee has died aged 95. RIP.

RIP

GoT teaser trailer.

Agents of Shield picked up for a seventh season, well before the sixth even airs. Thrilled :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Strange considering each season was a last minute renewal. I guess 7 will be the last

It’s always been thought that although it does woeful in ratings, Disney themselves love the idea, and have wanted to string it along till the new Disney + streaming service launches.

They’ve already announced a Loki show, and there’s talks of a Scarlett Witch/Vision show too. Maybe they want to add Shield into that mix too, in some form?

Apparently the cast had options on their contracts for seven seasons, so for cost reasons, Disney have decided to activate those options, and film season seven back to back with season six. It feels, really, like they’ve decided to extend Season six from 13 episodes to a full series, but are calling the second half “season seven”.

Makes a change how long was it between the 2 parts of the final seasons of Breaking Bad and Sopranos? Think was about a year

• Advertisement

Anyone playing Red Dead 2?

Just finished Chapter 6, starting Epilogue 1.

Such an incredible game. Just loved every moment of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I intend to start it over Christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Endgame has arrived.

New GoT's teaser.

John Cena is on The Graham Norton show tonight

Someone should probably tell him that people have a better chance of understanding wrestling terms here than the other sports references he was making.
    And he said his next match is December 26th in Madison Square Garden.

Nothing bugs me more than when you go to the cinema, and your surrounded by parents who didn't quite do enough research into a film before bringing their toddlers.

Yeah, "Spiderman" and "Animated" might sound kiddy-orientated, and its not Citizen Kane.

But when you're 15 minutes in, and
    Spiderman dies, and your kid starts crying because you thought the movie was suitable for 5 year olds, that's on you.

There were, in fairness, plenty of kids who were there perfectly content and entertained by the whole thing. But one couple had to leave cause their kid started bawling, and multiple kids started doing laps of the cinema cause they were bored.

Awesome movie, though. Artistically amazing, a brilliant origin story for Miles Morales, and I really, REALLY hope it wins the Oscar for best animated film. Just don't know if Marvel Studios can really do a Miles story in the live action that comes close to it.

Just finished the latest season of Survivor, and I really have to recommend it.

It is, by far, the best season of the show (which is something being the 37th). Every episode is brilliant, the players are a great mix of likeable and unlikeable. John Morrison (Nitro, Impact, etc) is a contestant too, which gives wrestling fans a character to get behind quickly, but pretty much everyone is memorable. There's some amazing twists and turns. I find in recent times "reality" TV has taken a massive nosedive, but this season of Survivor is absolute peak reality. If you're in any way into that sort of thing, it's a brilliant season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just finished the latest season of Survivor, and I really have to recommend it.

It is, by far, the best season of the show (which is something being the 37th). Every episode is brilliant, the players are a great mix of likeable and unlikeable. John Morrison (Nitro, Impact, etc) is a contestant too, which gives wrestling fans a character to get behind quickly, but pretty much everyone is memorable. There's some amazing twists and turns. I find in recent times "reality" TV has taken a massive nosedive, but this season of Survivor is absolute peak reality. If you're in any way into that sort of thing, it's a brilliant season.

Agreed, one of the best they've ever had. Some outstanding strategic plays.

Agreed, one of the best they've ever had. Some outstanding strategic plays.

Yeap. I usually hate when people make #BigPlays for the sake of making them. But there was a string of tribals in a row that were bloody breathtaking.

Watched the new show from The Rock (I'm sure he must sleep sometime, right?) called The Titan Games. Like a new bigger cleaner version of Broken Skull Challenge, Gladiators and all those types of shows.
    I would be curious to see DJ (as he keeps being called on this) do the challenges himself.
    It's grand for watching though don't think I'd be bothered watching every week

A very good start to True Detective (series 3)

Now this is just mean if it's not the real deal

https://twitter.com/TheJeffBridges/status/1088481555582996480

That's the date of the Superbowl so could just be an ad for some product

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Unless it’s perfect (it’ll never live up to the original for some) don’t do it dude!

That said I can’t wait even for the reveal of what is is.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's rare a very late sequel lives up to the original.

Speaking of, I really need to watch the new Blade Rinner

Been going down a bit of a rabbit hole since I got home from the cinema earlier searching to see if there is an English subbed version of a movie I saw a trailer for. Doesn't look like there will be for a while at least however. That said the fine people of the PW board would probably be interested in hearing about the movie. Comes out here (Taiwan) in a few months (on a limited release no doubt) and came out in Japan several months ago and is called My Dad is a heel wrestler

it stars current IWGP heavyweight champion Hiroshi Tanahashi in the lead role of the nefarious Cockroach! as seen here taking on cameoing Okada
    Papa-Omura-Heels.gif?resize=400%2C163

Apparently he had been a hugely over face champion but after an injury 10 years prior put an end to his run he secretly donned a mask because he loved wrestling so much and wanted to get back involved. As the title suggests his Kid who has no idea what his dad does for a living stumbles upon who his dad really is.
    Papa-Omura-Reveal.gif?resize=400%2C164

What film did you see that had that trailer? In the IFC?

Just finished rewatching Split as plan on seeing Glass this evening

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What film did you see that had that trailer? In the IFC?

Just finished rewatching Split as plan on seeing Glass this evening

Guessing you missed the bit in the brackets where I said (in taiwan) which is where I live :D so not the IFC just a normal cinema

Actually saw Glass. won't spoil anything but despite some people I know saying they were disappointing it imo was exactly what an M night sequel to unbreakable & Split should be like. So don't go in expecting Marvel and you might like it which I did.

Ah, I know you used your mod powers to make the change after my post. :p

Yeah Unbreakable was a low key superhero movie so I don't expect high action.

Watching Punisher season 2 now. Only on episode 2 so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Watching Punisher season 2 now. Only on episode 2 so far

Working my way through the Netflix back-log myself, watching Iron Fist Season 2, Episode 5 as I type

I really don't think it's as bad as people have made it out to be

Iron Fist season 2 is a big improvement over season 1

Iron Fist season 2 is a big improvement over season 1

I actually liked season 1, but then I like the CW superhero shows too, so I have a high tolerance for bad acting and poor scripts :p Must check out S2.

On the other hand, I started season 1 of Punisher and season 2 of Jessica Jones and finished neither. The former cause I found it so bloody draining to watch, and the second cause.....well, i just stopped and never went back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lebowski better not have sold out to the man!

Watching Punisher s2 myself. It’s ok so far, about 4 episodes in. I liked Jessica Jones s1, s2 was a bit of a drag. Haven’t watched Iron Fist s2 yet but I didn’t think s1 was that bad at all to be honest.

sky88 wrote: »
    Roman taking part in the fast & furious spin off with the rock

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtEaa8HhfWx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=x01b7ziap1za

Hobbs & Shaw will be one of big films of the summer, even of the year

The Rock trying to get Roman over again?

Glad to see him up for it anyway and The Rock saying he's recovering is a good sign

And The Dude tease was an ad

And The Dude tease was an ad

Boo...

Though it was always going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On episode 7 of S2 of the punisher

Enjoying it but Russo is looking pretty well for someone who got his face badly kicked in. Love the new priest guy villain really freaky

How this is the same universe as the MCU I don't knw ??? So far away from comic book hero's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Anyone been watching Titans? I put it in Netflix as background noise but I ended up getting drawn into it and I've started to enjoy more than I thought I would.

Yeah Titans was actually really good and much better than expected.

I just saw a new talent show started with James Corden and Drew Barrymore so outta curiosity I decided to read and see what it does differently from others.
    Turns out they have judges from around the world and included are Caroline Morahan representing Ireland and Samoa represented by Rikishi.
    I won't be watching

Punisher - Not sure if it’s a spoiler as such but maybe so just in case ..
    Yeah I thought his face was looking ridiculously normal, considering. I couldn’t believe it when they finally showed him without the mask.

Finished it last night, not as good as s1 but still pretty watchable.

Supernatural 300 tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

this looks exciting

Crue were the first band i saw overseas in 2015 in Manchester and what a show it was.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Supernatural 300 tonight

(Just saw this)
    Was a great episode. But really sad :(

Saw Lego Movie 2, and loved it. It's a bit predictable, but there's some solid moments, and the songs are brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

An apparently unreleased wrestling game for the Nintendo has been uncovered. Named UWC (Universal Wrestling Corporation which I understand was the original name of WCW after it was purchased by Ted Turner's crowd). It features the Roadwarriors and Ric Flair as playable characters

The plan seems to be to release a ROM for download at some stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc-LFNNmMV4

Thrilled. His direction and writing were a massive part of the movies' success. Wouldn't have been the same without him, and likely would have seen Bautista gone too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thrilled. His direction and writing were a massive part of the movies' success. Wouldn't have been the same without him, and likely would have seen Bautista gone too.

Reports are that Batista went to Disney’s headquarters and screamed give me what I want over and over until they gave in.

Advertisement