Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Everyone except his son, stoner douche who gets into trouble all the time!

he also pulls a face like he needs to take a dump in almost every scene he is in.

but yeah your review of it is pretty spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

T Bag is a great character alright but to be honest they should have ended it after 2 seasons.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

eh i dunno wrote: »
    T Bag is a great character alright but to be honest they should have ended it after 2 seasons.

Sorry to dredge this up. Halfway through S3 now, am feeling a bit of that but alright it's not as engaging as before but it's still very good. I like how the best characters from the previous season make it somehow into the next season. And that deep down they're all motivated by love for another. That sounds soppy but it's the most believable and relatable.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Microsoft Word doesn't know the word relatable?! Lol.

Anyway I wish I could read the 'dirtsheets' for the show to see why some of the bigger plot decisions happened. One particular about a box that Link gets!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyway I wish I could read the 'dirtsheets' for the show to see why some of the bigger plot decisions happened. One particular about a box that Link gets!
    Combination of actress being pregnant, suited the story (motivation for Lincoln & Michael) and contract dispute (happened due to the writer's strike). If they wanted her back they would have had to pay her for 22 episodes even though the season was only going to be 13 episodes long and they were going to kill her off anyway so there wasn't any point bringing her pregnant ass back (and finding ways not to show she's pregnant) for 10-13 episodes and paying her for 22

While I also think Prison Break should have ended after Season 2, Season 3 is still pretty enjoyable. Gretchen is a fantastic character

Penn wrote: »
    Combination of actress being pregnant, suited the story (motivation for Lincoln & Michael) and contract dispute (happened due to the writer's strike). If they wanted her back they would have had to pay her for 22 episodes even though the season was only going to be 13 episodes long and they were going to kill her off anyway so there wasn't any point bringing her pregnant ass back (and finding ways not to show she's pregnant) for 10-13 episodes and paying her for 22

While I also think Prison Break should have ended after Season 2, Season 3 is still pretty enjoyable. Gretchen is a fantastic character

And looks well lying on the bed in one scene i remember :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Prison Break could have been one of the great TV shows if they had done something like 2 series of maybe 10 shows and condensed the storyline into that timeframe. As jay says they seemed to have a great idea and plot but then halfway through got an extension or something and the whole thing got annoyingly diluted.

Thanks Penn. Didn't realise S3 was only half a season, finished it there. Felt that although it wasn't as strong as S1-2 it was still very good.

Thoughts on S3 :
    T-Bag is still the man. The season ending with him being king of SONA served as a fitting end to his character : having a woman who cares for him, access to money and drugs, fear (some love) and respect, I'd be happy at that end. Bellik had a rough time, seeing him scrounge around almost naked and shaking was pretty sad. Great to see him get some respect/admiration/fleeting happiness winning that one fight. "Chuck Norris? He wouldn't have passed basic training". :p

I thought being only half a season really helped, I was very done with SONA when they did. Gretchin (so gorgeous!)/The Company dropped a bomb on us that she might not have killed Sara after all - that's bollocks, she was a big emotional point in the season, now you're telling us people don't really die in the show, sucker! :mad: How Michael was able to manipulate Gretchin to get the hand off in the museum was extremely clever, and things look up for Link with Sofia. Overall I was quite pleased.

Watched the first ep of S4. Wow, I imagine there was ALL KINDS of outrage when the episode aired. Awful slap-dashed stuff :( They knew where they were at the end of S3, knew where they wanted to be at the end of the episode, and someone said 'get from A to B' in 40 minutes! Jaysus :eek:
    (In one episode, SONA's burnt down : T-Bag out, penniless, looking for revenge on Michael FFS! Sucre and Bellik also out, on board with the good guys. Link & Michael successfully caught (!) and now working for the FBI. Sara resolved, reunited and recruited! Gunned down stragglers from S3 (I bet they're not really dead, yas bastards) and also Mahone's family so he's on board too)
    That's Russo-riffic!

It's all downhill from here, lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

As much as I loved season 3, the thing that irked me most were the two scenes when Linc was staring at Sofia on the beach, and then when he offers to take her to Paris.

This guy's teenage kid has been kidnapped and on the brink of being murdered, and he's thinking about getting his willy wet. :confused:

Jay you're not wrong about Gretchen being gorgeous, check her out in an early episode of Two and a Half Men, she be half naked covered with tattoo's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

In Breaking Bad news, 'Hank In The Middle' of a casting reunion -

breaking%20bad.jpg

• Advertisement

Watching some more S4 of Prison Break. Claims that this is the worst season and should never have been made are founded and accurate. So many poor/cheap creative decisions.

However I reached that bit with Gretchen on the bed Charisteas - aww yeah. A bit desperate by whoever booked the show but hey I won't say no!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭glenjamin

1 week to go...

Watching some more S4 of Prison Break. Claims that this is the worst season and should never have been made are founded and accurate. So many poor/cheap creative decisions.

However I reached that bit with Gretchen on the bed Charisteas - aww yeah. A bit desperate by whoever booked the show but hey I won't say no!

Worth watching S4 for that alright. And some random office girl who has a few scenes with T Bag wasn't bad either

ha, yeah wowsers. Why T-Bag would give up that
    whilst being king of SONA - given that he's a broken man looking for acceptance, fear and respect makes no sense. As is trusting the scum to drive him northbound, considering they know he's packing a ton of cash. The writers just changed the character and situation to suit S4...
    Boo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Playing AC3 and not far into it at all yet, about 3 sequences, but it has to be said, that
    reveal of Kenway being a Templar made me shout in excitement at the twist.
    bloody brilliant! :D

CMpunked wrote: »
    Playing AC3 and not far into it at all yet, about 3 sequences, but it has to be said, that
    reveal of Kenway being a Templar made me shout in excitement at the twist.
    bloody brilliant! :D

Yeah, it was very well done.
    I actually saw it coming, but then in one mission where the rest of them help you, they all have the Assassins symbol over their heads and on the map, so then I thought "Oh sh*t, I was wrong. They must be Assassins then".

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, it was very well done.
    I actually saw it coming, but then in one mission where the rest of them help you, they all have the Assassins symbol over their heads and on the map, so then I thought "Oh sh*t, I was wrong. They must be Assassins then".

Really? I had no idea. Although,
    i assumed that Lionel Richie motha was a Templar when he was sneaking around eavesdropping on the convos. But I think that's what ubisoft wanted me to think..

CMpunked wrote: »
    Really? I had no idea. Although,
    i assumed that Lionel Richie motha was a Templar when he was sneaking around eavesdropping on the convos. But I think that's what ubisoft wanted me to think..
    I don't know what gave me the idea. I just had the feeling that something was up because they weren't talking about stuff (can barely remember now as I haven't played the game since it came out). Not that I would have expected them to be sitting around saying "Hey, you know the way we're Assassins? That's great, isn't it!" but just the way they were very careful with the script made me think something was up. I pretty much just guessed it rather than figuring it out by any clues or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,226 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

"Why do I smell baby oil?" :pac::pac:

As hillarious as that is, Surely that line doesn't lead into the next one there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

That looks awesome and that chick would give ADR a run for his money on the spinning armbar

New red band trailer for Pain and Gain

Avoid Identity Thief it is awful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Game of thrones season 3 starts tonight on sky woop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tinie wrote: »
    Game of thrones season 3 starts tonight on sky woop

Watching the Season 2 finale at the minute after a weekend dvd Marathon.
    Can't wait

glenjamin wrote: »
    Up to date now meself. Delighted about Lori. Always hated her. Funny how they kill off one black lad and replace him with another.

Gonna be interesting where they go with Merle and Daryl as they're not in the comics.

Shame they
    killed off Merle
    :( dont mind
    Andrea dying
    and I really hope Carl and The Governor die early on next season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Haven't seen the season 3 premiere of GoT yet but got to see the exhibition in NYC today and it was really cool

Photos if anyone cares

https://m.facebook.com/ed.kidney.7?v=photos&cps&album=a.508137565890737.1073741825.100000834941572&__user=100000834941572

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭glenjamin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shame they
    killed off Merle
    :( dont mind
    Andrea dying
    and I really hope Carl and The Governor die early on next season
    I liked the way Merle was killed off. Trying to make amends and going out a hero. Andrea dying was a shocker as she doesn't die in the comics. I guess that's a good thing, to add to the element of surprise. Loved the season finale. I don't expect The Governor to last too much longer. Be interesting on the other hand to see Carl develop into the little sociopath that he's becoming.

Newest Superman film trailer

Looks impressive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Note to self: Never, I repeat, NEVER again read the comments on a game of thrones video on youtube.

Season 3 ending spoiled for me :(

• Advertisement

Season 3 that just started? That sucks man. Keep it to yourself!! I imagine there's massive spoilers with the show in general since there are many books out already.

Advertisement