Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Iron Man 3 was awesome and hilarious maybe a bit too much comedy in parts there shouldn't be but a great movie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah, saw Ironman myself today. A brilliant trilogy (I think the second one wrongly gets ragged on). Lot has to do with the great Iron man character and the absolutely perfect casting of Downey Jnr.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

saw IM3 last night, it seems to be a total marmite movie, some love it some hate it, while there were a few parts I didnt like overall I really enjoyed it, it also must be a contender for most unexpected opening title song choice ever :pac: whole cinema bust out laughing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,225 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 8 kicks off the 30th of June on Showtime in the US and on FOX UK the 7th of July 2013 at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I just don't know if I'm arsed with Dexter anymore, started off great and besides season 4 it just seems to have gotten worse each season since the first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just finished the walking dead game there. Thoroughly enjoyed it but the end cutscene was confusing to me.
    Might have to replay it at a later date when I kinda forget some of it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Do you mean the post-credits scene?
    where Clem is walking through the field by herself? She sees two people in the distance - which you could take as either a good or bad thing, either Christa and Omid, or new characters (heel or face). Either way when I saw Clem walking by herself I felt a massive wave of guilt that I've left her all alone in this dangerous world. Heartbreaking.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Do you mean the post-credits scene?
    where Clem is walking through the field by herself? She sees two people in the distance - which you could take as either a good or bad thing, either Christa and Omid, or new characters (heel or face). Either way when I saw Clem walking by herself I felt a massive wave of guilt that I've left her all alone in this dangerous world. Heartbreaking.

EXACTLY that!
    I felt awful that I did that. Is there anyway to
    avoid being bitten at the end of eps 4
    or do I have to take it.
    Felt awful that
    Kenny died saving Christa
    after all he`d been through.
    Also I was stunned when
    Lilly shot Carley in the face with no real provocation
    I
    Left the bitch on the side of the road

Re:Getting bitten - There's no way around it. You could either view it as fate coming to get you no matter what you do, but also it's just Telltale needing to close off choices so it cuts down on the workload spiraling out. So like how in ep 1 you choose to help/save Carley or Doug, well Carley or Doug get killed by Lilly no matter what. That huge b!tch! I believe Doug shields Kenny but she point-blank shoots Carley. I did replay the choice with Lilly - either you leave her there or she steals a van and hightails it, so either way she's out of your story.

Definitely some kind of redemption for Kenny for making all of these bad decisions but he lost the most out of everyone. Really annoyed Molly left at the end of ep 4, she was great. Carley too.

If you check this page you can see the status of everyone in the game at the end (alive/dead/?/depends) http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Characters. Gosh, what a great game!

Re:Getting bitten - There's no way around it. You could either view it as fate coming to get you no matter what you do, but also it's just Telltale needing to close off choices so it cuts down on the workload spiraling out. So like how in ep 1 you choose to help/save Carley or Doug, well Carley or Doug get killed by Lilly no matter what. That huge b!tch! I believe Doug shields Kenny but she point-blank shoots Carley. I did replay the choice with Lilly - either you leave her there or she steals a van and hightails it, so either way she's out of your story.

Definitely some kind of redemption for Kenny for making all of these bad decisions but he lost the most out of everyone. Really annoyed Molly left at the end of ep 4, she was great. Carley too.

If you check this page you can see the status of everyone in the game at the end (alive/dead/?/depends) http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Characters. Gosh, what a great game!

I was hoping for some big changes for other choices.
    Molly was good alrite, Maybe I missed it but who stole the boat

• Advertisement

It was the
    The Cancer survivor group
    . Damn them! ;)

It was the
    The Cancer survivor group
    . Damn them! ;)

That`s who I thought and damn it I do not hesitate one bit thinking bastárds.
    Haven`t a clue what to play now after it might try to get into the MGS HD Collection or something like Dishonored, XCOM or Far Cry 3. My backlog is currently towering above my Xbox at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,039 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How are Tell Tale games othe games like Back to the Future, Sam & Max, etc? I keep seeing them come up in sales.

Not half as amazing as walking dead. BTTF was really v boring and despite it being one of my fav film franchises I struggled to care.

I bought the journey PSN pack that includes flower and flow. Journey's such a beautiful game. Work of art. Although I'd like the ability to jump even a little bit all the time. There are some sequences which are just wonderful. I sound like a giant douchebag but it's not really a game, more of an experience. When they say it was made with emotions in mind rather than sequences, I believe them! Only bad bit was getting lost over and over in the snow right before the end, ruined my experience lol! A Must play!

Not half as amazing as walking dead. BTTF was really v boring and despite it being one of my fav film franchises I struggled to care.

Yeah I was much the same with it the story in The Walking Dead is far superior and i'm not a big fan of TWD and am a fan of BttF. I only ever played a demo of Sam and Max but enjoyed that, the writing is pretty funny for a video game. I hear the Jurassic Park game TellTale did is pretty poor with dodgy QTE's and a dull story despite being set during JP1's timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Me and my roomate were sitting on the bench in our front garden earlier tonight at about 9.30pm when one of our neighbours who's in his 40's and lives with his very elderly parents came up to us both aggressively and accused us of causing noise and being scumbags.

We never sit outside for long because of the traffic noise,and on the odd time we do it's never after 10pm in the evening.This guy was nuts,spitting,puffing his chest out and trying to start a fight.My housemate is a guard, and he wanted to call his mates up and make a big deal of things.

I figured the neighbour guys life sucks living with his parents,and he probably just had a bad day,so pretty much want to let it slide.But my housemates intent on sorting it out tomorrow.I just want as little hassle as possible basically.

Anyone here have similar experience with odd neighbours?is it better to let things go,or report them in the long run?

Unless you're on the set of Gran Torino maybe the off-topic thread would suit better!
    I think you're bang on the money saying he's got a horrible home life situation and likely a bad day. I'd bring him some pie. I remember having guff from a next-door aul biddy for so long -huge wagon- until my brother came along and was super-nice to her. She did a complete 180. Pie fixes all and I expect if you apologised he would apologise saying he's out of line. And he wouldn't forget the gesture. I'm not there so I can't properly gauge the situation but that's my plan A. Plan B would be to call the cops next time he causes a racket. The act of answering the door to police and answering questions should straighten him out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So the title says Iron Man 3 spoilers but I don't see any. :confused: Just back from it. Shall we discuss it?

Cause I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it and The Mandarin right now...

4 more days to wait until new eppys of Arrested Development on
    Netflix :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    4 more days to wait until new eppys of Arrested Development on
    Netflix :)

1st ep was lacking a bit of tobias but its great to have it back, looking forward to watching the rest now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

8 episodes in now, it starts a little slow but it gets better and better as it goes. Episode 7 is my favourite so far,
    The giant HER? made me laugh so hard.

I've just watched the first 3. GREAT to have new episodes, although I'm finding it not as sharp as previous seasons. Awesome that they're closer to 30 minutes now, since they're not distributing this via TV. Thank God we got more Tobias in ep 3, he's my favourite character. I'm also shocked they wouldn't have GOB and Tobias' episodes closer to the start. But I can already see this is a season you'd wanna watch over to look for clues in the episodes. Taste the happy Michael!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Spent the day watching it.

Took a little while to get used to the visibly older cast but biggest laugh for me was
    that ostrich's head poking through the kitchen hatch
    in the background. Plus I marked for the
    MST3K reference
    and
    Fantastic Four
    thread.

Not against the idea of a movie but I'd honestly just prefer more seasons with that liberal attitude toward the running times. Glad the large cast is strong enough to hold their own individual episodes. Few other shows, if any, could do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What the almighty f*ck happened to Steve Holt?! No wonder Gob didn't recognise him.

Gobs episode was by far the best though. I had to pause because I was laughing so hard at
    the club being called "and Jeremy Piven"

Why isn't Game of Thrones on Sky Atlantic tonite?
    Not coming up in my tv listings, I normally record them 1 at a time cause the series link didn't work, it used to tape crappy thronecast instead.

Episode 9 wasn't on last night in the states. But it returns this Sunday (2 eps left)

GTR63 wrote: »
    Why isn't Game of Thrones on Sky Atlantic tonite?
    Not coming up in my tv listings, I normally record them 1 at a time cause the series link didn't work, it used to tape crappy thronecast instead.

Yeah it works that thronecast is the next episode. So it records GoT, then sets to record Thronecast, the the next GoT. So I just leave it then delete Thronecast after it records

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Read somewhere that the GoT ratings took a dip last time They had an episode on over the Memorial Day weekend so They just decided to skip a week.

Fast and Furious 6 is very enjoyable, The Rock (aka Samoan Thor :P) is good as Hobbs and the opening credits are awesome for fans of the franchise, defo up there as one of the films of the year so far for me

• Advertisement

Even a few wrestling moves thrown in there, I noticed.
    And I wonder if
    Walls of Jericho
    was a reference or just a saying.

Advertisement