Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Season 5 [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is it my imagination or has the young fella can't remember his name but joined in the last season has beefed up a bit?? He used to a bit more skinny he seems to have been working out...he almost like Max.

Ya kate is funny. Be interesting how things go for shane and jo though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

doovdela wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or has the young fella can't remember his name but joined in the last season has beefed up a bit?? He used to a bit more skinny he seems to have been working out...he almost like Max.

Ya kate is funny. Be interesting how things go for shane and jo though.

I think he has beefed up. I saw him on something being interviewed the other day and he was just in a t-shirt and he's actually quite muscley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

What the hell was the story with the break in? It's like they edited out the bit that SHOULD have gone after it (i.e. go after the robbers, or ring other gardaí, or check the damage... ANY sort of reaction?!?!) or something really weird like that...

Like 2 lads break in, get caught, push over the owner AND a garda, and no one follows up the flippin thing?? Sorry but who the hell gave that the go-ahead?? Jesus you wouldn't see it in a primary school play, they'd at least question where the robbers went, surely?

And as for Pavel, why is no one talking about him, ever? I understand actors move on and characters get killed off, but it's like he never existed!

As said already, there's zero continuity and really bizarre script/editing decisions. I dunno, they had a great show on their hands and they just seem to be making such a mess of it... I feel kinda sorry for the actors because they're ok, it's whoever's over the thing needs to take a major look at what they're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Lisha wrote: »

Agreed they did not even check what had been taken or damaged
    And Fiona just wanders upstairs by herself ? ? Totally unrealistic
    Never mind what was taken or damaged....how the hell did they get in?would your man not have checked the place? It was completely ridiculous! I've watched this show from the beginning and loved it up until now :(
    Philips cousin is brutal, I had to rewind it to see could I figure out what he said at one stage! CAN NOT WAIT for Geoff to come back, such a dude!:)

Meangadh wrote: »
    What the hell was the story with the break in? It's like they edited out the bit that SHOULD have gone after it (i.e. go after the robbers, or ring other gardaí, or check the damage... ANY sort of reaction?!?!) or something really weird like that...

Like 2 lads break in, get caught, push over the owner AND a garda, and no one follows up the flippin thing?? Sorry but who the hell gave that the go-ahead?? Jesus you wouldn't see it in a primary school play, they'd at least question where the robbers went, surely?

The garda Fiona was with said he was going to go and call it in. So it wasn't just dropped. They just didn't feel the need to show it all.

I do agree though it was a terrible scene. The garda guy was a horrific actor and Fiona isn't great herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

The garda Fiona was with said he was going to go and call it in. So it wasn't just dropped. They just didn't feel the need to show it all.

I do agree though it was a terrible scene. The garda guy was a horrific actor and Fiona isn't great herself.

Yeah but that's still not really dealing with it, because it didn't even seem like he had any sense of urgency about hiim, it was so weird! And then he just left her there on her own... totally unrealistic. Just bizarre all round I thought :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Meangadh wrote: »
    Yeah but that's still not really dealing with it, because it didn't even seem like he had any sense of urgency about hiim, it was so weird! And then he just left her there on her own... totally unrealistic. Just bizarre all round I thought :confused:

It was like an episode of Friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Well Geoff is back next week, - if he can't salvage it then it's over, especially if JoJo is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Can hardly make out a word that new KP is saying, and as for JoJo's hubby, I joked during the show that he tried learning that accent from an old Elvis movie.

Absolutely dire atm.. Please don't left Jojo and Geoff go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I have to agree that this series fails to follow up on the previous offerings. The storylines are like something out of Home and Away rather than something expected on a Sunday night. Some of the characters are difficult to take seriously. The Garda, the kitchen porter, Anthony, even Max.

Some of the acting is terrible (the Guard and KP again) and even an accomplished actress like Aisling O'Sullivan (Fiona) appears to be struggling. Perhaps because she is experienced enough to know a bad script when she sees one. After all Fiona was handing out jobs like snuff at a wake during last weeks show. Hardly a likely prospect in the middle of a recession that was itself mentioned in the episode.

Some of the plotlines border on the ridiculous too. Can a maderia sauce really taste so good even before the shallots mushrooms and peppercorns are added, and could that blueberry and onion concoction Max produced last week really be the best thing people ever tasted? A little over the top.

Some of last seasons criticisms haven't been addressed either. Like the fact that every Tom Dick and Harry seems to be able to walk into a busy working kitchen for a chat whether they are working in the restaurant or not.

Perhaps the return of Geoff is the vital ingredient Raw needs, but it shouldn't rely one character to spice things up.

Alas, Raw seems to have gone stale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Fiona's business was broken into, but she didn't seem any bit distressed/annoyed at the end of the scene... just looked like she was thinking of riding the guard. :confused:

Godot. wrote: »
    Fiona's business was broken into, but she didn't seem any bit distressed/annoyed at the end of the scene... just looked like she was thinking of riding the guard. :confused:

I was confused at the end too. Was she saying she was going to go home, upstairs, to bed, as a hint at the guard to come with? Or was she trying to get rid of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

What ever happened to the single mother Shane liked? Disappeared off the face of the earth with Fiona's Dad and Ed, seemingly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well Geoff is back next week.

Although the way things are going, my money is on not a single mention of Pavel. I agree it really hasnt got going this series. Kate is the highlight, easy on the eye and a good character. The rest of them can jump in the canal though. If Jojo is gone for good I'll probably stop watching.

Godot. wrote: »
    What ever happened to the single mother Shane liked? Disappeared off the face of the earth with Fiona's Dad and Ed, seemingly. :D

Ed got dumped in the first episode. No need for him to be in it just delivering his vegetables.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

keano_afc wrote: »
    Well Geoff is back next week.

Although the way things are going, my money is on not a single mention of Pavel. .

There was a mention of Pavel in the first episode, it was the in-story reason for Geoffs absence and Jojo having gone traveling.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Jesus the dodgy Oirish accent on your man is dreadfully shameful.

Its one thing for Hollywood to do it but a home grown series???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Where is your man Philip's cousin meant to be from? He has the weirdest accent. It's like 6 accents in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Jesus the dodgy Oirish accent on your man is dreadfully shameful.

Its one thing for Hollywood to do it but a home grown series???

I take it you're talking about your man Brian? The actor's name is Dermot Murphy, he's from Wexford. I don't know where the accent he has in Raw is meant to come from but it sounds like a mongrel Louth/Northside/Waterford/England accent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Plenty of knife action tonight

The garda appears like a ghost in each scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Where is your man Philip's cousin meant to be from? He has the weirdest accent. It's like 6 accents in one.

the actress who plays emma said on twitter that it was a mix of his wexford accent and a dublin one cause he lives there.. Its shockin though!

He's obviously English actor. Are there no young Irish actors who could have filled the role?

Thats not being anti-English but the accent is embarassing...

deccurley wrote: »
    I take it you're talking about your man Brian? The actor's name is Dermot Murphy, he's from Wexford. I don't know where the accent he has in Raw is meant to come from but it sounds like a mongrel Louth/Northside/Waterford/England accent

He's Irish..??? Wow, makes it even worse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Loving the background music this season. These guys feature a lot, check them out they are brilliant live

http://www.legalaxie.net/

• Advertisement

Ffs Fiona does not even ask Philip for robbers name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

he is so bad, and his accent is painful!!is there anyone else that can do this part

why are they slo-mo ing everything..no need for it

Filler. Its the same with the montage scenes where music keeps the show going.

The producers need to watch Treme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I thought it was the feckin saorview gone all wonky again for a second!

• Advertisement

This cop is sooo boring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭davetherave

FFS Pip, if there was ever a moment to kiss her that was it.

Jeez people walk through they kitchen like s bus stop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Time for Philly boy to grow a pair of cojones

Shane is really gullable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ok, I'm a bit behind, only getting to watch it now. Your man going out for the Cava, the little scrawny arms on him carrying 4 boxes?! Anyway, as if a delivery man would leave his van full of champagne with the door open on Camden street, with the trolley left beside it for ease of theft!

DELIGHTED geoff is back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Shane will get a hiding from the supplier now

His character is such a goon

that guy was on home and away..reese i think?

Shane will get a hiding from the supplier now

His character is such a goon

Yup poor Shane is pretty gormless alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Shane is a bit of a dimwit considering he's supposed to be a qualified lawyer and has now been made manager.

And he has two hot women fighting over him. You'd think by now they'd be saying "jesus this fella is as thick as two short planks of wood".

• Advertisement

Good to see Geoff back, now bring back JoJo and kill off Fiona and Emma and we'll be sorted. :)

Shane is such a tool. I don't even care if it was a supplier you're used to doing business with, you do not hand over all the money before getting your produce. Idiot.

Emma's hair is so terrible it make me physically angry!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

I think that was a marked improvement on the series so far. That might be down to the guy who plays Geoff being back. And I thought Phillip was meant to be a scrawny runt, looking fairly built in that episode. Why won't he make a bloody move on the Emma.

Macca3000 wrote: »
    I think that was a marked improvement on the series so far. That might be down to the guy who plays Geoff being back. And I thought Phillip was meant to be a scrawny runt, looking fairly built in that episode. Why won't he make a bloody move on the Emma.

he lacks the testicular fortitude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Lisha wrote: »
    Yup poor Shane is pretty gormless alright

what was that bit at the end, did Shane pay his supplier and find out he did a runner?

I thought he got calls and was going to be confronted about the stolen champagne? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Taloolah

Does anyone know who sings the song at the very end? The scene where geoff sits on the floor with his tae?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Used to really like Raw, but this season is painful. I'm giving it another week, if it's still awful I'll stop watching.

Brian is awful (that accent! and he permanently sounds like he's drunk and slurring), Emma does my head in and I'd like gormless Phillip a bit more if he learned to stand up for himself... As for Kate - everyone else seems to love her, but she annoys me. Glad Geoff is back, sad Pavel is gone :(

The whole thing has just gone really predictable (like: it's obvious Kate's new place will end in disaster at some point, it was obvious that the guy selling wine isn't legit, etc.) and totally implausible too (as if they'd hire randomers who walk in off the street, or as if anyone could hang out in the kitchen whenever they wanted).

Sorry, bit of a rant there.

I think the main problem with Raw is that it adds/gets rid of too many new people between series. Every new series feels like they're trying to establish everyone again and it takes it 4 or 5 episodes to get into the swing of it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

max is so fine ;)

And another thing! That wasn't the same place Geoff and Pavel were living in last year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

FFS Pip, if there was ever a moment to kiss her that was it.

More like why doesn't she kiss him? She's the one in the relationship, in Phillip's mind if he did and she rejected him there would be a world of awkwardness between him and Emma, never mind him and his cousin.

[/psychoanalysis]

Advertisement