Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Season 5 [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Good to see Geoff back, now bring back JoJo and kill off Fiona and Emma and we'll be sorted. :)

Shane is such a tool. I don't even care if it was a supplier you're used to doing business with, you do not hand over all the money before getting your produce. Idiot.

Emma's hair is so terrible it make me physically angry!

I assumed it was a charity thing but done stylishly because she's female.

This season is going along so predictable I'm making a prediction for the next series: Max and Fiona end up engaged but Max rattles Emma (now with Phillip) some time before the wedding and it comes out on the day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

This season is going along so predictable I'm making a prediction for the next series: Max and Fiona end up engaged but Max rattles Emma (now with Phillip) some time before the wedding and it comes out on the day. :)

Yer one who owns the new bar will rattle the young lad working for her (her sisters boyf)

I dont find it believable that Max would fancy Fiona either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Jesus Geoff is HOT. Definitely a much better episode tonight, albeit wit a few holes.

And yeah the Aussie guy at the end was Rhys in Home and Away. A very strange looking man, constantly looks like he's pouting!

http://www.backtothebay.net/characters/sutherland_rhys.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Good to see Geoff back, now bring back JoJo and kill off Fiona and Emma and we'll be sorted. :)

Shane is such a tool. I don't even care if it was a supplier you're used to doing business with, you do not hand over all the money before getting your produce. Idiot.

Emma's hair is so terrible it make me physically angry!

I LOVE her hair! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I LOVE her hair! :O

Me too, I like her image. So many girls her age look exactly the same with the whole false tan, hair extensions, false eyelashes look. It's refreshing to see someone look a bit different.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

jos28 wrote: »
    Me too, I like her image. So many girls her age look exactly the same with the whole false tan, hair extensions, false eyelashes look. It's refreshing to see someone look a bit different.

She doesn't look different though, she looks like all the other girls with that style, of which there are a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

deccurley wrote: »
    I take it you're talking about your man Brian? The actor's name is Dermot Murphy, he's from Wexford. I don't know where the accent he has in Raw is meant to come from but it sounds like a mongrel Louth/Northside/Waterford/England accent

I thought it was plain that Philip was from a traveller background, which would mean that the cousin was too and might explain the accent?

Oh and I'm not hearing anything bad about Emma's hair. She's a ride!

Oh and why are the guards not concerned with the manslaughter of Pavel?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Would the Garda not have checked the place before he left Fiona alone in the Restaurant?

He was gone in the blink of an eye......

• Advertisement

gaius c wrote: »
    I thought it was plain that Philip was from a traveller background, which would mean that the cousin was too and might explain the accent?

Oh and I'm not hearing anything bad about Emma's hair. She's a ride!

There was never anything said about Pip being a traveler? His dad was played by Blackie Connors from Glenroe, but that's about it.

They were acting and not playing it for real???:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I have to admit i'm enjoying the show so far. It's never going to win an Emmy (or even an IFTA) for high end quality/acting but it's light relief escapism on a Sunday night. I love the shots of Dublin (street scenes/vistas) in it.

Perhaps Love/Hate raised the bar so high in Irish drama that everything else seems inferior?

ongarboy wrote: »
    I have to admit i'm enjoying the show so far. It's never going to win an Emmy (or even an IFTA) for high end quality/acting but it's light relief escapism on a Sunday night. I love the shots of Dublin (street scenes/vistas) in it.

Perhaps Love/Hate raised the bar so high in Irish drama that everything else seems inferior?

I'm enjoying it ongarboy, it's a bit of fun. I wouldn't call it inferior in any way. There's just a few bits that don't gel up but it doesn't diminish it in any way imo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yer one who owns the new bar will rattle the young lad working for her (her sisters boyf)

Max should get with Geoff :p

ongarboy wrote: »

It may have nudged the bar in a slightly upward direction, I don't think it's made Raw look anything less than it was already.

I think what stands out for me on Raw is the massive gap in the quality of the actors. Some are really great and perhaps slightly too good for RTE, some are terrible. There's no middle ground and the really good ones make the really bad ones stand out.

p.s. What's the girl that plays Kate's real name? I'm sure I saw her on an advert for some new drama on TG4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

It may have nudged the bar in a slightly upward direction, I don't think it's made Raw look anything less than it was already.

I think what stands out for me on Raw is the massive gap in the quality of the actors. Some are really great and perhaps slightly too good for RTE, some are terrible. There's no middle ground and the really good ones make the really bad ones stand out.

p.s. What's the girl that plays Kate's real name? I'm sure I saw her on an advert for some new drama on TG4.

Exactly, some are very good and will probably move on to bigger things, while a few of the others should be in Fair City.

It's Kelly Gough that plays Kate.

She is waaaay out of the weird accented cousin's league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sunday was definitely an improvement, mainly due to Geoff being back. But its still dire compared to previous seasons. There seems to be no storylines in it. Max and Fiona like each other, and Shane for some reason has 2 birds fighting over him. Although he's far too stupid to notice. Apart from that there's nothing going on, and its not really building a climax, unless Philip is going to cook Brian and put him in a dessert for Emma.

Needs a flashback episode to show what happened when Pavel died, too many loose ends not answered for my liking e.g. where is Fiona and Kate's dad, did he die as well? When did Fiona and Ed move in together? Who hired Max? Is Shane a solicitor now? What happened to his study partner the one with the kid he was seeing? etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Geoff is back?! RTE Player won't work anymore and I'm out of the country for the next 6 weeks and didn't know it wouldn't work. Any chance someone knows a way for RTE Player to work abroad again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Celtise wrote: »
    Geoff is back?! RTE Player won't work anymore and I'm out of the country for the next 6 weeks and didn't know it wouldn't work. Any chance someone knows a way for RTE Player to work abroad again?

If you have ad block on it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

It's not working for me even when I disable adblock and it used to. Is it not available outside of Ireland anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭davetherave

Some programs aren't available without an Irish IP because of broadcast rights and the tv license and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Needs a flashback episode to show what happened when Pavel died, too many loose ends not answered for my liking e.g. where is Fiona and Kate's dad, did he die as well? When did Fiona and Ed move in together? Who hired Max? Is Shane a solicitor now? What happened to his study partner the one with the kid he was seeing? etc.

Shane and Zoe to marry in a registry office in the final episode. Zoe never seen again from the start of next season and never mentioned. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

In the first episode it was made clear that it was now about a year later and JoJo had gone to Pavels funeral and then went travelling where she met her psycho husband.

Shane was always a solicitor - just one who was working in a Restaurant kitchen. He also had a difficult divorce and maybe he lost his job as a solicitor then. Not sure but as long as I've been watching it I knew that was his back story.

Don't think it looked like Fiona was living with Ed - but maybe I missed that.

Obviously Max was hired cos JoJo and Geoff left after Pavel died.

Like I say it's meant to be about a year later so plenty of time for lots to happen. No idea where the dad is.

wow sierra wrote: »
    In the first episode it was made clear that it was now about a year later and JoJo had gone to Pavels funeral and then went travelling where she met her psycho husband.

Shane was always a solicitor - just one who was working in a Restaurant kitchen. He also had a difficult divorce and maybe he lost his job as a solicitor then. Not sure but as long as I've been watching it I knew that was his back story.

Don't think it looked like Fiona was living with Ed - but maybe I missed that.

Obviously Max was hired cos JoJo and Geoff left after Pavel died.

Like I say it's meant to be about a year later so plenty of time for lots to happen. No idea where the dad is.

Why was he in college/university last season so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭davetherave

He was in a law practise in London, was accused of fooling around with the bosses daughter. Wife didn't believe him so he legged it back it Dublin.

He was doing a course in family law. Could have been thinking ahead for when he was going to settle down with Kate and have kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

Anyone recognise the Ben Howard song in the last episode (when Geoff returns tot the apartment)?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

This inane naval gazing music is grinding...:(

Looks like Ming has a point about the Gardai...:D

Geoff being so welcoming...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Whose ming?

Max likes fiona I say. It was obvious last week's episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Was Geoffs Da in home and away?

Ya he was, he looks familiar say he was in H & A in the early days.

Is Max from the UK or Oz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

recyclebin wrote: »

Yup named Rys I think but can't remember who he was

doovdela wrote: »
    Whose ming?

Max likes fiona I say. It was obvious last week's episode.

Luke Ming Flannagan TD, made comments about the Gardai being a corrupt force...

Ya think that was the name some relation to pippa/sally?

Luke Ming Flannagan TD, made comments about the Gardai being a corrupt force...

ah that ming didn't think it was him you on about thought there was a ming on Raw that I didn't know about.

Max is English...

• Advertisement

Shane slowly falling apart...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Lisha wrote: »
    Yup named Rys I think but can't remember who he was

l think he married Irene, died whist fixing a car? lm not 100% sure...had a son

Oh right kind of forgotten but he was in H and A for sure.

Poor Shane!

There's no financial experts on this show!

Where will he go with the €300 I wonder...

recyclebin wrote: »

Ya Daddy Sutherland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Why is his dad hanging around the kitchen? Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Shane must be the world's worst solicitor/accountant or whatever he's meant to be.

That young fella's accent is driving me scatty.....

What is he saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ABlur

du Maurier wrote: »
    Why is his dad hanging around the kitchen? Odd.

Nothing new there, isnt there a constant stream of non staff through that kitchen at the best of times!

• Advertisement
Advertisement