Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Season 5 [** Spoilers **]

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Man hug time!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Why the fupp is she running to try and beat Kate there. Just knock on the taxi window and give her the money. Idiot.

"This is a restaurant Max, I can't offer you head of pediatrics!"

I laughed.

Slow mo JoJo

Ugh, what a terrible music cue. Who is making this show, I could do a better job than this.

Chop her legs off, Pip!! She can't leave if she can't walk!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Des joJo have another acting style apart from dozily gazing into the distance..?

I swear to God! If Geoff leaves and takes JoJo with him this show is OVER.

The End.....

I'd say.....:(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

JoJo wasn't missed this season IMO....

• Advertisement

So much second hand embarrassment from this entire episode now. What are these direction choices, who is editing it, I might have to stab everyone.

Right, I'm off to put some vodka in the dishwasher. I don't expect to be revisiting Raw ever again, ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I enjoyed last 2 episodes but only because I knew and liked the characters.
    If there is a next series they really need to shake things up a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Jojo didn't have much to do tis year at all. Doubt I'll miss her. Geoff, now that's a different story. Be interesting to see if RTE bring this back next year.
    I'd give it one more series, they just about clawed it back in second half of this one.

I assume the lack of JoJo and Geoff for half the series was due to the actors having better things to do. And then they tried to show horn them in whatever way they could. It worked okay with Geoff but having JoJo there but not really there (in the kitchen) didn't work for me.

I think Charlene McKenna is a great actress and I hope this is her finally getting off RTÉ and getting better work elsewhere.

Right, I'm off to put some vodka in the dishwasher. I don't expect to be revisiting Raw ever again, ever!

That's a new one on me!...:D

btw.....I think Pavel is in Sandymount!!.....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Geoff being back really picked the show up a lot
    It will be poor, IMHO, without him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I think they should leave it at that before Raw turns stale.

That's a new one on me!...:D

btw.....I think Pavel is in Sandymount!!.....:(

Maybe. Looked to me like they were on the North Side with the towers behind them, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, ewww, poor Pavel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

What a bad episode to end the series on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Didn't enjoy this series but it picked up when Jeff returned. Raging that he is going, but delighted that dreadful accent man is gone. Why oh why did he not just use his normal accent and be done with it. Charlene McKenna is busy and I don't imagine she will sign up for another series of Raw
    http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/ripper-star-charlene-mckenna-has-sights-on-hollywood-28953776.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

What a completely and utterly pointless series that was...
    Is it just me or did nothing really happen?!

Also, what was the point in bringing in Anthony as a character? All that building him up as a creepy psycho, only for him to walk out and leave calmly. No real reason for him being there, at all...

Maybe. Looked to me like they were on the North Side with the towers behind them, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, ewww, poor Pavel.

Lol! I took it the other way around....as you say, poor Pavel is floating with the undesirables!...:rolleyes:

It never made sense that there was no mention of Philip's dad after Pavel's death...:mad:

I thought there was little or no substance to tonight's episode, I expected Jojo's husband to have a lot more to offer the story when he appeared suddenly....

Ah, well....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

It never made sense that there was no mention of Philip's dad
    Sure he is too busy riding , sorry entertaining Dr Dillon

jos28 wrote: »
    Sure he is too busy riding , sorry entertaining Dr Dillon

:D:D:D
    That is a very disturbing story line!.....

At least Raw saved us from the nitty gritty.......;)

The little pause after the "partnership" agreement between Max and Fiona was soooo sweeeet.......(altogether now...ahhhhhhhh....:pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Overall fairly disappointing stuff. A Dick van Dyke collection of accents and implausible scenarios.

I agree with the comments about JoJo's hubby being pointless. I really thought when he showed up tonight it was going to turn out that he had been keeping her chained up and she'd escaped or something. He basically just called her a loser. Oooooh, how mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Would be so cliched if Phillip & Emma get together, hope they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Well, that was six episodes in which there was no real narrative arc or conflict. Episode three and four were quite good and the others were alright, but the finale was quite awful.

I feel like the editors finally discovered the 'change clip speed' option in Final Cut. That split screen sequence was horrendously naff.

I think the characters are all likeable and mostly reasonably well acted. There's potential there, but nothing really happened.

I agree with the comments about JoJo's hubby being pointless. I really thought when he showed up tonight it was going to turn out that he had been keeping her chained up and she'd escaped or something. He basically just called her a loser. Oooooh, how mean!

I thought he was going to turn out a wife beater after he threatened Phillip. :eek::D He was a bit of an over-protective husband, but not a bad guy. Became frustrated and confused when JoJo was becoming more distant from him.

• Advertisement

I thought he was going to turn out a wife beater after he threatened Phillip. :eek::D He was a bit of an over-protective husband, but not a bad guy. Became frustrated and confused when JoJo was becoming more distant from him.

I think he was a bit of a control freak. He loved the fact that JoJo was so reliant on him when they first met and wasn't happy about her having other friends and support when they came back to Dublin first. If they'd just stayed instead of heading off to Egypt it could have developed into a pretty interesting storyline. Like I said though, I assume Charlene McKenna wasn't available for the whole series so they just half arsed a story to explain her absence.

Just Shane left from Series 1 now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Very, very disappointed with this latest series/episode.

Apart from the music there is little I enjoyed from this series.

Dunno, hardly anything but the awful accents stand out for me, but who done the close track on tonights episode?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

What a completely and utterly pointless series that was...
    Is it just me or did nothing really happen?!

Not just you. Struck me also that we had six episodes of absolutely nothing.
    - A pop-up restaurant that opened and closed.
    - A dodgy wine dealer that got his comeuppance.
    - Characters that came and went as if it was a Shakespearean play: JoJo, Geoff, Geoff's Dad, JoJo's husband, the Guard etc.

I had the feeling that the writers were tidying things up in the event that this is not renewed.

However I will say that it did have a somewhat feelgood whimsy about it and therefore was perfect Sunday evening viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

tallpaul wrote: »
    Not just you. Struck me also that we had six episodes of absolutely nothing.
    - A pop-up restaurant that opened and closed.
    - A dodgy wine dealer that got his comeuppance.
    - Characters that came and went as if it was a Shakespearean play: JoJo, Geoff, Geoff's Dad, JoJo's husband, the Guard etc.

I had the feeling that the writers were tidying things up in the event that this is not renewed.

However I will say that it did have a somewhat feelgood whimsy about it and therefore was perfect Sunday evening viewing.

For me something shocking is missing for it to be a great drama.

Suggestions for next season:

- Max sleeps with Emma (who is with Pip) before his wedding day with Fiona
    - Shane gets power hungry and tries to secretly take over the businesses by deceitful ways
    - Kate and Zoe, who spent so long hating each other, have a lesbian affair
    - The Guard/Veggy man runs in and stops the wedding
    - Bobby or Malcolm returns
    - Brian becomes a millionaire, comes back from Ibiza and takes over Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Godot. wrote: »
    For me something shocking is missing for it to be a great drama.

- Max sleeps with Emma (who is with Pip) before his wedding day with Fiona
    - Shane gets power hungry and tries to secretly take over the businesses by deceitful ways
    - Kate and Zoe, who spent so long hating each other, have a lesbian affair
    - The Guard/Veggy man runs in and stops the wedding
    - Bobby or Malcolm returns

And he's pregnant with Dan Kelly's baby.

Charlene McKenna said something last night on twitter about thanks for all the kind words and Raw will always have a special place in her heart. So I'd take that as absolute confirmation that JoJo's gone for good and they made such a song and dance about Geoff and his dad, and Geoff and Max etc. that I'd be pretty sure he's gone for good too.

In my opinion they were the two best characters/actors on the show and I can't imagine it being a massive draw without them. I wouldn't be surprised if RTÉ renewed it anyway and ran it into the ground. The do love to flog a dead horse (and then serve it in the restaurant! :) )

I think the series before this one was probably the best, and maybe they should have ended it after that? They had Pavel/Geoff's will they won't they move to Prague, then Pavel's death. JoJo's drink problem and her spiraling life that she finally sorted at the end, Pip's secret homelessness and his dad and all that, the Kelly sisters trying to interact with each other and get to know their place in the family and in the restaurant. It had a lot of good stuff. This year I don't think there was even one half decent story arc over the series, if there was even any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

tallpaul wrote: »

Please don't compare Raw to a Shakespearean play. Shakespeare's bones are creaking in his grave at the insult! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Weird series, nothing really happen overall. Looks like we are losing Geoff & JoJo. Huge loss to show.
    Say they'll come back for another series, but seriously need to stir up the storylines a bit.
    As bad as it's been this season, will still miss it as my lazy viewing on a Sunday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Pointless series, completely pointless, the season before was predicatable, but watchable and mostly enjoyable.

This was just pointless. I really hope they dont renew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Stevecw wrote: »
    Looks like we are losing Geoff & JoJo. Huge loss to show.

I actually think the episodes without JoJo were the best this series, I was just so sick of her miserable face and the whole hoo-ha with her new husband, etc.

Geoff on the other hand will be a huge loss, the episodes where he came back were the best of this series and also a return to actually seeing food being cooked!

All in all though it feels like the scriptwriters have just got a bit bored with it all. Perhaps it's time to close down RAW for good before the standards slip further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I never thought I'd see a prime time drama as vacuous as Coronation St et al but this has managed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Does anyone know when Raw is repeated?

Missed this weekends episode and would love to watch it on the TV rather than the RTÉ player.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Raw is repeated?

Missed this weekends episode and would love to watch it on the TV rather than the RTÉ player.

There was no episode this weekend, it finished last weekend. If you mean the episode from last weekend it's already been repeated on Saturday night. Not sure if they'll repeat it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

There was no episode this weekend, it finished last weekend. If you mean the episode from last weekend it's already been repeated on Saturday night. Not sure if they'll repeat it again.
    The episode that on shown on the 9/10 Feb I saw, where Shane told Fiona he lost €4k, I thought there was one after that, I must be mistaken.

Is it finished for good or is there a new season/series?

Toast4532 wrote: »
    The episode that on shown on the 9/10 Feb I saw, where Shane told Fiona he lost €4k, I thought there was one after that, I must be mistaken.

Is it finished for good or is there a new season/series?

That was the last one. JoJo and Geoff left at the end of it.

Dunno about a new series, probably as RTÉ love to flog a dead horse, but no word as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Godot. wrote: »

Brian has a stroke which affects his speech, but nobody can tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 senor2013

Hi folks

I had recorded the season 5 finale (I had actually it series linked the whole season was recorded) on my UPC planner. I eventually sat down on Friday night gone to watch it and it was going well until I was about 30 min and it stopped. UPC only recorded 30 min of the finale. (Wish I had Sky!!)
    Anyway, does anyone know where I could find the season 5 finale? Its obviously gone off the player as it is a few weeks since it was aired.
    Any info appreciated..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Watched all the seasons over the while last while and enjyoed it but like most series the early seasons where better. Few things which could of been avoided like wtf should we care about jojos mother in college. The couple who ran the place for the 1st season who were never spoken of again. When Fiona came in we first had the whole stalking element by her sister Kate (she was top quality tho ha) who we all thought was some lunatic but turned out to be a charming person. Bobby was a good character, at the start Dylan was a bit annoying but not so bad after. The amount of characters coming in and out without reasoning was a little ott as was the constant happy staff drinking sessions

Season 5 was pretty meh but didn't expect Pavel to be actually dead. It kind of all just ended

• Advertisement
Advertisement