Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strongly worded letter

• 20-07-2012 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭have_a_go_hero

Did anyone ever write a strongly worded letter? And if so why? I wrote one today and felt much better after!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Why don't you tell us about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Did you have a go at someone? You're such a "hero".

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭have_a_go_hero

Too much detail total dissafaction with the car***** war*.***** though

Can I have an 'E', please, Bob?

Is it "caruncle wart cream"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

quite a few for work, to deadbeat customers who won't pay bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Did anyone ever write a strongly worded letter? And if so why? I wrote one today and felt much better after!

Ok. Go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

What would be a strongly worded letter? I? B? T? L?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ficheall wrote: »
    Can I have an 'E', please, Bob?

Bob: "No you've had enough" :)

Jazes, what are they teaching in school these days?

A strongly worded letter was par for the course in English/ Economics/Fartish/etc, in my day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Was it a real letter? Not an email?

Was it a real letter? Not an email?

Bet it was an email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Remember kids - literacy kills.

also the Harder you press down on the paper = the more your shouting

Remember kids - literacy kills.

also the Harder you press down on the paper = the more your shouting

I was going to say something....
    then I saw your username :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Yep. I wrote one to cadburys when I was 12 because I bought a dairy milk out of date. Was only for the craic really saying I was so disappointed etc. A few weeks later a big parcel came in the post for me filled with Cadburys chocolate! Was fat enough at the time but shared it with all my family and friends. Shortly afterwards the whole of 6th class wrote to cadburys telling lies about gone of choc! We were sorted for the year. Thanks cadburys!

skirtgirl wrote: »
    Yep. I wrote one to cadburys when I was 12 because I bought a dairy milk out of date. Was only for the craic really saying I was so disappointed etc. A few weeks later a big parcel came in the post for me filled with Cadburys chocolate! Was fat enough at the time but shared it with all my family and friends. Shortly afterwards the whole of 6th class wrote to cadburys telling lies about gone of choc! We were sorted for the year. Thanks cadburys!

Did the same :o:D
    Only difference with me was it was a whole workforce that wrote :pac:

I dont think Cadburys listen now :D;)

EDIT: Im still waiting for a giant creme egg :(

'tis small wonder the country's ****ed, if you lot were the future back then.

mmmmmm bags n bags of eclairs ;)

n stuff

Oh. I think I was the present back then? :pac:

Strongly worded letters worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I wrote to Tayto when I was a kid about a stale bag of crisps and they built me a palace out of crisps and Mr Tayto himself came around to my palace of crisps to apologise to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Chucken wrote: »

mmmmmm bags n bags of eclairs ;)

n stuff

I'd thank you if I had enough posts!

I wrote to Tayto when I was a kid about a stale bag of crisps and they built me a palace out of crisps and Mr Tayto himself came around to my palace of crisps to apologise to me.

Stop telling lies you.

skirtgirl wrote: »
    I'd thank you if I had enough posts!

*high 5? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

I wrote to them too after buying 2 near empty bags from a mobile unit where I worked. Yeah, was not a kid. They sent me a bank draft for the cost of the 2 bags + the the stamp:mad: (About 90p - mid ninties) There was me thinking I was going to be bathing in free Tayto for the year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They're the only kind of letters I write.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

wrote a strongly worded email (to be precise) to a local newspaper who ran with a story of how when Donegal made it to the finals last year that there would be a massive drain on the economy and that Donegal was losing out on heaps of money due to people leaving the county to head to the game,

i sent it in, posted it in the donegal forum and it got linked to on their facebook site.

I never got a reply and all the posts on their wall were delated.

link to thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73698368

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I can't write a letter as my handwriting makes it look like a 10 year old did it. So it just looks like I'm going to have to type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I wrote a strongly worded letter once, me Ma promised me burgers for me tea one day when I was heading out to school but upon my return I noticed that she had in fact done up a big pot of stew.

With the anger boiling I ran upstairs, took out my crayola, wrote half the letter in red, a bit in blue, some green and finished off with a nice shade of yellow (and of course I drew the obligatory sun up in the top right hand corner as was the norm with 5 year olds when handed crayons and a piece of paper). I also threatened legal action if this happened again. I couldn't afford to waste time so instead of posting the letter I just handed it straight to her. Not realising the nature of the content of the letter me Ma seemed to think it was some sort of drawing from school and just proceeded to pin it to the fridge door and say, "Awwwww, I'm proud of you!" :rolleyes:

I never got those burgers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

nobody writes letters anymore.

strongly worded or otherwise.

and i never wrote to tayto or cadburys but in an inebriated state i emailed coke telling them (not asking) to bring back vanilla coke. sadly they did not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

OP I hope the font was comic sans. Because they won't take you seriously otherwise.

FatherLen wrote: »

and i never wrote to tayto or cadburys but in an inebriated state i emailed coke telling them (not asking) to bring back vanilla coke. sadly they did not.

It's still out there my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

kfallon wrote: »
    It's still out there my friend!

where?!?!?!?!? TELL ME!!!

Well I saw it a couple of months ago in a shop in Temple Bar called "The Candy Lab"

There was a massive thread about the hunt for Vanilla Coke here a while ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

yeah its just next to the Central Bank.

mmmmmm vanilla coke *drool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

JA Lyons and Co,
    Dublin 8

Dear Sir/Madam

I am absloutely outraged at your current marketing campaign which makes a mockery of the freedom of choice to consumers here in Ireland. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of cakes, buns and other types of confectionary but when your company comes along and insists "you got to get a Gateaux, gotta get a Gateaux cake" , that is just like putting a gun to my head and forcing me to buy your product. For shame.

Your etc

Plazaman

PS Don't get me started on Johnson & Johnson insisting I "do the Shake N Vac". I will do what I want before I Vac thanks you very much.

Ah yes, a blast from the 80's. I wrote 674 letters of complaint in one year

• Advertisement

Plazaman wrote: »
    JA Lyons and Co,
    Dublin 8

Dear Sir/Madam

I am absloutely outraged at your current marketing campaign which makes a mockery of the freedom of choice to consumers here in Ireland. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of cakes, buns and other types of confectionary but when your company comes along and insists "you got to get a Gateaux, gotta get a Gateaux cake" , that is just like putting a gun to my head and forcing me to buy your product. For shame.

Your etc

Plazaman

PS Don't get me started on Johnson & Johnson insisting I "do the Shake N Vac". I will do what I want before I Vac thanks you very much.

Ah yes, a blast from the 80's. I wrote 674 letters of complaint that year

Eh the 80's was a decade.......

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Yes i wrote a letter on time to my boss in my first job but i made sure she didn't know it from me there fore it was an anonymous letter.

I told her unless she stopped bullying a member of out team who i did not name that i was going to break her legs.

Eh the 80's was a decade.......

Was it man? Was it?

OK maybe it was. I concede I may not have wrote any letters either.

Plazaman wrote: »
    Was it man? Was it?

OK maybe it was. I concede I may not have wrote any letters either.

You fold too easy sir, waaaaaay too easy!!!

You fold too easy sir, waaaaaay too easy!!!

:( I know, it's something to do with me being a compulsive liar but shít at it.

Funny enough, James Brown said the exact same thing to me when I jammed with him in Las Vegas in December 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Wouldnt wanna mess with you OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

FatherLen wrote: »

I write around 20-50 letters a week & receive more or less the same amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I read that as you were dissatisfied with a car wash.

What are we talking about here.

Yes i wrote a letter on time to my boss in my first job but i made sure she didn't know it from me there fore it was an anonymous letter.

I told her unless she stopped bullying a member of out team who i did not name that i was going to break her legs.

Did you add the Omar whistle as a PS?

I wrote a strongly worded review on tripadvisor the other week
    hotel manager responded and I got some nice stuff from it :)
    wasn't even looking for it, just to give out, but there we are

bluewolf wrote: »
    I wrote a strongly worded review on tripadvisor the other week
    hotel manager responded and I got some nice stuff from it :)
    wasn't even looking for it, just to give out, but there we are

I love when hotel managers respond!
    "What happened in this case is not how we normally treat our guests. I am very sorry that 2 kids died from starvation during the all you can eat buffet..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Dear advertisers, I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television. We are not all vibrant, fun loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals who remember the good old days when entertainment was bland and inoffensive. The following is a list of words I never want to hear on television again. Number one: bra. Number two: horny. Number three: family jewels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I wrote a strongly worded letter once, me Ma promised me burgers for me tea one day when I was heading out to school but upon my return I noticed that she had in fact done up a big pot of stew.

With the anger boiling I ran upstairs, took out my crayola, wrote half the letter in red, a bit in blue, some green and finished off with a nice shade of yellow (and of course I drew the obligatory sun up in the top right hand corner as was the norm with 5 year olds when handed crayons and a piece of paper). I also threatened legal action if this happened again. I couldn't afford to waste time so instead of posting the letter I just handed it straight to her. Not realising the nature of the content of the letter me Ma seemed to think it was some sort of drawing from school and just proceeded to pin it to the fridge door and say, "Awwwww, I'm proud of you!" :rolleyes:

I never got those burgers :(

Best "where's my dinner" story ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I once called Sean Sherlock a cúnt on facebook. Does that count?

I write around 20-50 letters a week & receive more or less the same amount.

Posting them to yourself?

:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement