Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel back in time or forward?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'd like to go back about 100,000 years to see what was going on then.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Thinking more on this the future mightn't be much cop. At least with the past you might have some idea what to expect. Look at us today, then look at say 1952. The pace of change in everyday life has been subtle but constant. In particular with regulation and decreasing privacy and increasing interconnectivity. We are bombarded with so much today, but because we've grown up with it we can deal with, even enjoy it, but still there is the sense of overload at times. One could argue the rise of depression anxiety et al are partly explained by that(both are very rare in "primitive societies"). Now imagine the level of that in a century if we continue on this path. In that time we might be plugged into each other in ways we can barely imagine today. Imagine being dropped into the middle of that without some sort of decompression into it? Jeeebus.

Whereas I'm just thinking "oooh it'd be like the jetsons"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Wibbs wrote: »
    The pace of change in everyday life has been subtle but constant.

But it hasn't been subtle, life is changing at a rapid pace and technology is opening different aspects as to what is going to transpire! Over 100 years ago when the wright brothers first took flight, fast forward into the 40's, the Atom bomb came about, followed by the cold war and some time came a succesful mission to the moon. If man is capable of such advance in the space of 100 years, what will come about in the next 100 years?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I did go forward in time once,now though i would like to go back in time and change everything up like everyone else would..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

back id go back 15 years and predict things lotterys bets on worldcups and prevent things I realistically could. Deaths of people I knew, disasters. And id invest in facebook and apple and you'd all be talking to a millionaire

Advertisement