Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Online Banking Down?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having problems logging into their online banking?

I keep getting a "technical difficulties" error message

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Fine for me. Clear your browser cache and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's usually down around the 3/4am mark, probably something to do with server backups. It should be fine for you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

No it's down for me as well - keep getting the "Technicial Difficulties" error message. Thank God somebody else is having a problem - I thought it might be just me.

I've been getting this error message since Wednesday so this is the third day I can't log in. Also can't log into phone banking either - when I enter in all my details, I get a recorded message saying "technical difficulties have occurred, please try later", yet there's no message up on their website to let customers know.

What's going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

No it's down for me as well - keep getting the "Technicial Difficulties" error message. Thank God somebody else is having a problem - I thought it might be just me.

I've been getting this error message since Wednesday so this is the third day I can't log in. Also can't log into phone banking either - when I enter in all my details, I get a recorded message saying "technical difficulties have occurred, please try later", yet there's no message up on their website to let customers know.

What's going on??

Hi just an update: rang AIB 24 hour banking and the only way I could get through to a customer service advisor was to just do nothing when it asked me for my eight digit reg no. After askig me three times, I got automatically transferred to an operator. They couldn't log into my account either initially but gt it sorted in the end.

So this isn't happening for everyone - if you're having a problem, you need to ring them to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Olney

hi

• Advertisement

I have tried to access AIB 24 Hour banking on the internet during the night on a few occasions e.g. 3am. I have not being able to gain access due to technical difficulties.
    Is this no longer a 24 hour service - if this is the case - should they not make their customers aware of this situation?
    Also, as a customer - I would like to point out - giving a phone number to ring is just not good enough. Customers are all over the globe in this day and age and the last thing they need is some phone number - that nobody will probably answer in any case.
    I think we need to hear explanations from AIB on this problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Olney wrote: »
    I have tried to access AIB 24 Hour banking on the internet during the night on a few occasions e.g. 3am. I have not being able to gain access due to technical difficulties.
    Is this no longer a 24 hour service - if this is the case - should they not make their customers aware of this situation?
    Also, as a customer - I would like to point out - giving a phone number to ring is just not good enough. Customers are all over the globe in this day and age and the last thing they need is some phone number - that nobody will probably answer in any case.
    I think we need to hear explanations from AIB on this problem. :)

But they did, they even change the name from 24hour online to just online

Ok. I only came in on this yesterday and didnt read all the threads.
    In their response - have they stated the expected hours that the system will be down each day? i.e. will it be 2 or 3 hours and the expected times?
    I presume their technical team are bringing the system down - therefore again I presume they would be in a position to know what time they intend to bring it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think if you just expect that it may be down between say 03:00 and 05:00 with a bit of leeway you won't run into any surprises. I'm sure there's a good reason it's down each night, possibly server maintenance, security etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's not a problem, it's when all the batches of account activities are processed and updated. It's done during the small hours to minimize the impact on customers and to enable everything to be as up to date as possible.

The phone number is manned, however the staff will have no access to account details either while the updates take place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

It isn't possible to access online internet banking between 2.30am & 5.30am. It's been like this for quite a few years - ever since they changed the name from AIB 24hr Banking to AIB Internet Banking (even then there was always one hour that you couldn't log in)

Advertisement