Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you film Gardaí?

• 20-07-2012 7:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Is it against the law to film Gardaí ? Not while they are arresting you of course? But just if they are ever breaking rules? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Yedya wrote: »
    Is it against the law to film Gardaí ? Not while they are arresting you of course? But just if they are ever breaking rules? :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055761370

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

Great,cheers.

The Gardaí are sucha joke,they don't know their own rules

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I think Gardai instinctively feel like they are the kings of the land and so should get to say what goes on and what doesn't. They are used to people submitting to them and doing what they're told.

If you show fear and total compliance to gardai under all circumstances, even when they're being harsh, I feel as though you're letting the team down. Even worse are the people who seem to take "pride" in their complete compliance and submission to anyone of authority, starting from their earliest days in school. It's the parents I blame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Be aware that in some situations your footage can be considered as evidence and seized.
    I think Gardai instinctively feel like they are the kings of the land and so should get to say what goes on and what doesn't. They are used to people submitting to them and doing what they're told.

If you show fear and total compliance to gardai under all circumstances, even when they're being harsh, I feel as though you're letting the team down. Even worse are the people who seem to take "pride" in their complete compliance and submission to anyone of authority, starting from their earliest days in school. It's the parents I blame...

What teams are these? Cops and Robbers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement