Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a savings account from overseas

Options
  • 20-07-2012 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am an existing BoI customer but am currently overseas. I already hold a current account, however I would like to open a savings account so I can put money in there for when I come home.

Is it possible for an existing customer to open a savings account over the phone or online?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Log into your online banking and there's an option to "Open a savings account" at the bottom of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Xavi6,

As MagicMarker pointed out, if you're registered with Banking365, you can open one of our 365 Deposit Accounts online or over the phone. You can find more information on these accounts here.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Great, thanks for the info guys.

Think I'll give it a miss though, don't like the idea of having to give a month's notice to access my own money. The options are all very restrictive so I'll stick to the transaction account.

Advertisement