Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Musichub app ever going to happen?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Love musichub to bits, just wondering when the app is coming?
    It's been a long, long time on the way!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Helmet wrote: »
    Hi,

Love musichub to bits, just wondering when the app is coming?
    It's been a long, long time on the way!!!

Hi Helmet,

I agree that this has been in process a long time. It is definitely happening though as some of our staff were trialling a Beta version of the app in the last couple of months. There could be other issues such as licensing that are slowing things down. Have made a request for more info to our MusicHub contact but he's out of office until Tuesday. Will post up any new info as soon as I get it.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Great stuff, thanks!

Any word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Any word?

Thanks Helmet,

Unofficially, I would be hopeful that the next 6 to 8 weeks will see this transpire. It was put back after initial trials. Testing is now back and is progressing. I apologise for not being able to give you further information at this point.

Keep in touch and I will post on boards as soon as it's possible.

Best Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

What platform? (please say android please say android)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

gerryk wrote: »
    What platform? (please say android please say android)

Yes, the MusicHub app will be compatible with Apple and android. I previously tested the earlier beta version on my HTC Wildfire (gingerbread) and it was excellent.

Will keep you posted as soon as I have any thing more.
    Ant

Nice one Ant, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Now this I really like. One more reason to keep eircom as my broadband and phone provider. Well done folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

I have great idea l, how about you get some of us eager eircom customers to help you trial this beta??

We could report any bugs/issues before it goes public, this is standard practice for a lot of beta products.

What do you think? First in line BTW!!

beardo81 wrote: »
    I have great idea l, how about you get some of us eager eircom customers to help you trial this beta??

We could report any bugs/issues before it goes public, this is standard practice for a lot of beta products.

What do you think? First in line BTW!!

Hi beardo81,

Sorry for the delay responding to this. We had to check with higher ups before we could comment. We're looking at getting a few 'copies' of the app to dish out here and on our own forum for feedback. We have been told that this may be possible but should have more solid info early next week. And just to let you know, have you top of the list if we get the green light.

Regards

James

• Advertisement

I have a number of Android and iOS devices I wuld be more than happy to beta-test the app on also. My consultancy fees are small.

Great news James, look forward to it, makes the service all the more worthwhile!

Sounds great, I'd like to stick myself down foe testing too!!!

Hey James/Ant,

Any update for us on this? Us 'testers' are getting testy!! :p

Any update?

Any update?

Hi Helmet,

Don't have an official update yet but have been asking around and it is very close to completion. There was a delay due to some licensing issues which have now been resolved so it's looking like the next couple of weeks. We've requested here on the Social Media team that we're advised of updates as soon as they are released so fingers crossed it will be soon.

James

Nice one James, thanks!

So, beaten to the Irish market by Spotify guys, dropped the ball there. Nearly 2 months since last update, any further progress??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi beardo81

Unfortunately no official update yet but as soon as we do we will let everyone know, apologies for the wait.

Regards

Al

Between Google music and Spotify, I am have pretty much all I need from a mobile music standpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Hi All, 
    Is there any update on the Android/IOS App?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

swampyk08 wrote: »
    Hi All, 
    Is there any update on the Android/IOS App?

Hi swampyk08

We have had no further update on this andunfortunately we have not got an estimated timeframe on the launch or release on the music hub app.

Apologies for the delay however as soon aswe have news on the app I will get back to this thread with an update.

Regards

Al

Advertisement