Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strimmer recommendation

Options
  • 20-07-2012 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent strimmer brand/model recommendation that is reasonably heavy duty / fast. Have lots of walled beds and paving to strim around and the crappy black and decker one i have seems to get bogged down easily.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Looking for a decent strimmer brand/model recommendation that is reasonably heavy duty / fast. Have lots of walled beds and paving to strim around and the crappy black and decker one i have seems to get bogged down easily.

Lidl have a petrol powered heavy duty strimmer/brush cutter on sale from next week.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-1F7DDEDD-BEFA9EBE/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_23001.htm

It has 3 different cutting heads for various types of material.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

It depends on a few factors. How often you will use it, what you will be cutting etc Personally I have a Stihl that I bought second had a few years ago and I couldn't fault it, so that would be my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Tanaka would be my recommendation.
    Avoid strimmers with the bent shafts they don't last as long.
    Get a straight shaft model.
    Some of them also have split shafts which means you can get accessories to do other tasks like hedge trimming. polesaw attachments,and cultivators which can make a bit of sense as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Also a remember a decent strimmer will have a load more power than a b&d one with its thin line and can easily take the bark off trees and throw small stones and debris around so you may need to rethink the way you use a strimmer.

Advertisement