Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Application timeframe

Options
  • 20-07-2012 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭

Hi I would appreciate some advice on this. Have applied via phone for a personal loan and am awaiting a callback on this. I was told I would get a callback within 24-48 hrs. I am just wondering how long I will have to wait to get the money through assuming everything is approved as I am anxious to have the money by next Thursday and if this is not possible what other options are open to me, such as an overdraft etc, while awaiting the money to come through.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Tom,

We would generally advise a timeframe of approximately 2 weeks from application to when the customer receives the funds. Keep in mind, this is based on approval. Some applications may go through quicker and others may take longer as each application would be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Unfortunately, we don't have the option of issuing a temporary overdraft based on loan approval. You can apply for a standard overdraft. Again based on approval, this takes approximately 2 to 3 days.

If you would like to check on the status of your loan application or to apply for an overdraft feel free to ring our Loans department on 0818 365 333 mand choose option 1.

They will be able to discuss your loan application and point you in the right direction if you still need to explore other options.

If there's anything else we can do for you just ask.

Pat

Advertisement