Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zimmerman: Shooting was 'Gods plan'

• 20-07-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭

It was "God's plan" that brought together George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin in a fatal confrontation in February, Zimmerman told Fox News host Sean Hannity Wednesday in his first television interview.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/19/zimmerman-shooting-gods-plan/

So, I remember there was a thread about this back in Feb about George Zimmerman the man who shot and killed the 17 year old, unarmed Trayvon Martin. It seems Zimmerman is trying to use God as an excuse for the incident.

So the question here really is, for those who supported Zimmerman at the time, does this change your mind at all? Do you think it's a viable excuse or reason?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

devout christian thinks god has plan for his life

more at 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Sounds like an insanity plea more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Sounds like an airtight defense to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

From what I can tell God seems to make his plans at 4 in the morning after several bottles of whiskey.

The next morning he wakes up reads what he's scribbled down on the notepad beside his bed (or in the stone tablets atop the mountain) and thinks, "What the hell was I on about?"

But by that stage it's too late, some fool has gone off trumpeting it as the law for now and forever more.

Amen.

Meanwhile God has to go out and buy 'God Strength Nurofen Plus' to deal with the hangover and even he gets quizzed seven ways to Sunday by the pharmacist before he gets to buy them.

It's tough at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

It doesn't really sound like he needs much of a defence. And he's not using it as an excuse or a reason. The evidence is pretty much stacked in his favour and backs up his version of what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Meanwhile God has to go out and buy 'God Strength Nurofen Plus' to deal with the hangover and even he gets quizzed seven ways to Sunday by the pharmacist before he gets to buy them.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-admits-humans-not-most-impressive-creation-sub,28806/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What was the actual quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Sorry! Forgot the link, have updated the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    What was the actual quote?

"Do you feel you wouldn't be here for this interview if you didn't have that gun?" Hannity asked.

"No, sir," Zimmerman responded.

"You feel you would not be here?" Hannity pressed.

"I feel it was all God's plan and for me to second guess it or judge it..." Zimmerman said, pursing his lips and shaking his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Makes you wonder why was there no Black Men at the last suppers, were they just not invited or was there something more sinister going on.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sonics2k wrote: »

So, I remember there was a thread about this back in Feb about George Zimmerman the man who shot and killed the 17 year old, unarmed Trayvon Martin. It seems Zimmerman is trying to use God as an excuse for the incident.

So the question here really is, for those who supported Zimmerman at the time, does this change your mind at all? Do you think it's a viable excuse or reason?

the question here is wtf is a statement like "supported zimmerman at the time?" supposed to mean?

You mean people who didn't rush onto the media bandwagon of wanting the guy banged up for murder on the back of their own sensationalist reporting? Is that "supporting" him?

Advertisement