Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ulster bank

• 20-07-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

i went into Ulster Bank yesterday and I swear to God the teller was so slow she must have been fired from the public service. No wonder they have security gaurds there. And why she deemed it necessary to dissappear after every transaction i have no idea. I had 2 transactions and left standing there waiting for her to come back. Its not like she didn't see the the second deposit. Maybe it was her inability to complete the first one without enlisting the help of her colleagues. Very fustrating experience from start to finish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

Noob.

Her, not you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

An Ulster Bank bashing thread...well, I never! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

telekon wrote: »
    An Ulster Bank bashing thread...well, I never! :eek:

with a pinch of public service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ulster says NO!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

OP,

Why didn't you tell her how to do her job? Clearly you know more about it than she does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Thinly veiled I have money in the bank thread imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP,

Why didn't you tell her how to do her job? Clearly you know more about it than she does.

Before writing a strongly worded letter to boards.ie and probably facebook too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

OP - your experience at Ulster Bank really warranted a thread.

I call to make it a sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Perhaps she was suffereing from a glitch and needed to disappear after every transaction to be rebooted?

Also - your complaint about the bank pales into insignificance compared to the sh*te they've been pulling the past few weeks.

Back of the complaints queue for you buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Wasn't there reports that they were going to leave the Republic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Thinly veiled I have money in the bank thread imo.

Flash fcuk! Look at me! I've an ATM card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Yes, maybe she was afraid they were going to leave the Republic this morning and kept checking to see there were others around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I heard bank tellers now get bathroom breaks and can talk to other tellers if they have difficulty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

The automatic deposit machines in TSB are the way to go. No queues, done and dusted in 30 seconds and the money is instantly credited to your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Flash fcuk! Look at me! I've an ATM card!

I went to an Ulster Bank ATM the other day.

When I tried to withdraw money, it said, "Insufficient Funds".

I wasn't sure if that was them or me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I went to an Ulster Bank ATM the other day.

When I tried to withdraw money, it said, "Insufficient Funds".

I wasn't sure if that was them or me.

You are on fire today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Lollers wrote: »
    The automatic deposit machines in TSB are the way to go. No queues, done and dusted in 30 seconds and the money is instantly credited to your account.

Not when you get stuck behind some knucking dragging R-tard in the queue

*Insersts card, checks balance
    *Completes transation, removes card
    *Inserts card again
    *scratches head
    *withdraws money
    *removes card
    *inserts card again
    *withdraws more money
    *removes card
    *inserts card again
    *checks balance

etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Personally I would cut them a bit of slack. Frontline Ulsterbank staff are taking all the flack for a few faceless incompetent twats higher up the RBS tree.

The staff in my branch have been brilliant, but I would still like to punch someone in their organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Sky King wrote: »
    Not when you get stuck behind some knucking dragging R-tard in the queue

*Insersts card, checks balance
    *Completes transation, removes card
    *Inserts card again
    *scratches head
    *withdraws money
    *removes card
    *inserts card again
    *withdraws more money
    *removes card
    *inserts card again
    *checks balance

etc etc etc

The I'm a tourist who cant read english transactions are the worst. They stand there at the ATM even though they have no idea what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gobab

i worked in building society in the past and know that any teller worth their salary should be able to deposit a sterling cheque without enlisting the help of a collegue and dissappearing to another room afterwards. I seem to remember this was covered in basic training. But everyone has to learn and can empastise with the sh*te they have had to deal with over the few weeks. But she SO slow like you have to make a special effort to be that slow. I know i wouldn't got away with it when i was working where i was.

I've had my fair share of verbal bashing from customers over things that were outside my control. But thats another story.
    Dealing with Ulster Bank has been the height of fustration over the last few weeks and it doesn't do them any favours having employees such as these on their front line. If i had experienced the same service 6 months ago i still would have beenas fustrated or if it was in another bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've updated your facebook status with that tidbit OP.
    Or seek out Ranting and Raving forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement