Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedroom Recordings - Critique Please

Options
  • 20-07-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Here are some rough vocal demos I did.I think the mix is a bit off. Also on track 3 "A Team" the vocals came out in mono. I think I fcuked it up whilst adding the vocal track.
    Any tips from what I have done already :pac:

http://soundcloud.com/luckycharms74/sets/demos-914

P.S. Whats the deal regarding copyrights to covers. They are not for commercial release just for my own amusement ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dontron

nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thanks. But you must have some critique on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

sounds like you recorded the vocal in a reflective room , i dont like that aspect - sounds a bit amateur and cheap.

otherwise its good.

DaDumTish wrote: »
    sounds like you recorded the vocal in a reflective room , i dont like that aspect - sounds a bit amateur and cheap.

otherwise its good.

Thanks for the advice. How do I fix the reflective room problem. The room has curtains and carpet.
    I did read that reflection shields can help vocals. I also read about acoustic foam with the ridges on it is usefull when put in the walls ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

Try singing with your back against the curtains, or if you have a room with a double door wardrobe use that room.
    Open the wardrobe doors, position the mic in between them, pointing in to the wardrobe. You'll be singing with your back to all the clothes in the wardrobe. Try that before buying any acoustic treatment or the like.

• Advertisement

fitz wrote: »
    Try singing with your back against the curtains, or if you have a room with a double door wardrobe use that room.
    Open the wardrobe doors, position the mic in between them, pointing in to the wardrobe. You'll be singing with your back to all the clothes in the wardrobe. Try that before buying anything acoustic treatment or the like.

I did record with the curtains behind me albeit it at an angle. I have double wardrobes. I can try what you suggested and report back .
    Thanks

Advertisement