Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant disconnections after 8pm

Options
  • 20-07-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Hi,

An issue which I have previously discussed on here seems to have arisen again over the past couple of nights whereby I get constantly disconnected from around 8pm onwards.

The disconnections are so bad that it is impossible to load even one page from around this point onwards until the following morning.

I have conducted all tests as previously advised and replaced filters etc. only to have the same result. In fact having previously reported the problem on here I found that it was rectified quite quickly so I can only assume it is a problem on eircoms end.

Since the last incident was fixed, the connection had been rock solid with maybe 1 disconnection if any.

I would greatly appreciate if this could be looked into and rectified asap.

Here is a link to the previous thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77984151#post77984151

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi,

An issue which I have previously discussed on here seems to have arisen again over the past couple of nights whereby I get constantly disconnected from around 8pm onwards.

The disconnections are so bad that it is impossible to load even one page from around this point onwards until the following morning.

I have conducted all tests as previously advised and replaced filters etc. only to have the same result. In fact having previously reported the problem on here I found that it was rectified quite quickly so I can only assume it is a problem on eircoms end.

Since the last incident was fixed, the connection had been rock solid with maybe 1 disconnection if any.

I would greatly appreciate if this could be looked into and rectified asap.

Here is a link to the previous thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77984151#post77984151

Hi again,

Have tested this using the details from the old case (let me know if these have changed) and the phone number we were working on before is showing a fault. Could you try a phone and see if there's any noise on the line or anything else that might indicate a fault. Also, has there been any new equipment added in the house? Either way we'll probably need to send an engineer for you but try the phone first. Also, could you PM me a mobile number for someone who would be at home during the day so I can pass the info to the engineers for you.

Cheers

James

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hi James,

Thanks for the quick reply. The details are the same as last time.

I have checked the phone line and there does seem to be seem noise on the line so this may indeed be the source of the problem though I find it strange it occurs only after a certain time.

I will PM you with a mobile now.

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi James,

Thanks for the quick reply. The details are the same as last time.

I have checked the phone line and there does seem to be seem noise on the line so this may indeed be the source of the problem though I find it strange it occurs only after a certain time.

I will PM you with a mobile now.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Cherry_Cola,

I had set up the engineer callout on Friday but forgot to come back here to let you know. The issue seems to be the phoneline and this is having a knock on effect on the broadband. The engineers will be out within 3 working days to resolve it for you. The reference number, should you need any updates, is 11386020. If there are any delays let us know here and we'll chase it for you.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That's great James, thanks very much.

Advertisement