Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else pick up Dungeon Fighter Live?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 12:33pm

It's kind of a mix between Streets of Rage and Diablo. Seems to have a tonne of depth - something sorely missing from a lot of xbox titles.

Level 13 Gunner at the moment, hoping end-game is fun - apparently they have removed certain end-game aspects of the PC version such as subclasses but I'm assuming there are a tonne of patches coming because the game can be extremely buggy with regards to freezing issues!

So, anyone else playing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Had to check a trailer for this. Looks absolutely amazing! You're right with the SoR reference. So how long have you been playing it, is there a replay factor? (From what I'm guessing you'd get new abilities with new levels).

Only have about 8-10 hours played so far - you start off SLOW as hell, but by level 5-6 you're tearing through enemies - I would imagine they will follow the traditional mmorpg route of releasing new dungeons/characters (there's plenty from the PC that weren't released - mage, thief etc) as DLC.

I'm already looking forward to starting a Slayer character once I've geared up me gunner a bit at end-game, so I suppose the replay-value is in its MORPG elements - i.e. gearing and teaming up with others to take on some of the end-game dungeons.

Of course the info about end-game is pretty sparse at the moment so we'll have to wait and see. At 800 points you can't go wrong though, bought it instead of Tony Hawk due to the lack of couch co-op!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was about to come on and say that while I played the demo and liked it over all the game play just felt on the slow side so I didn't get it, but now Rojo has said this changed later in the game I could see my self getting some points for it over the weekend.

Advertisement