Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence - Can i get a Licence on a shotgun that is already registered

Options
  • 20-07-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Sorry i checked the stickie couldnt find answer.

My father has shot gun at home its barley ever used. I want to start using it but when i went to local cop shop was told its not possible to get a Licence with this gun as its already owned by someone else.

Sounds bit stupid, why should i go out and buy a gun when there already one in the house i could be using ???

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

They are talking rubbish, Just fill in a FCA1 form and sent it in.:)
    http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/FCA1%202012%20.pdf

SECTION 4
    If you will have joint use of this firearm, please provide the certificate number of the other user:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭vibes23

juice1304 wrote: »
    They are talking rubbish, Just fill in a FCA1 form and sent it in.:)
    http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/FCA1%202012%20.pdf

SECTION 4
    If you will have joint use of this firearm, please provide the certificate number of the other user:

I knew well that was wrong, bleeeeeedin culchie garda :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

There is a high majority of guards in the country who don't have a clue about owning firearms in Ireland. (I heard of one who taught it was illegal)
    Some do and are very good to deal with.

You are better off going to the local station and ask to meet with the firearms officer.
    You may need a letter off your father saying he gives you permission to use the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

Yep as above just fill out the application form and drop it into the super shouldn't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

It's a very simple situation, one person owns the gun and more than one person can obtain a certificate to use and have possession of the same gun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement