Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

difference between vw golfs? help!

Options
  • 20-07-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Ok so i know vw have there red i red di and red tdi versions and they have different power ratings, but what is the difference? is it the map of the ecu? or are there actual huge differences? because i read somewhere that the 150 bhp versions could be ramaped to 180 or so but the 115 bhp versions could ony get up to 140 bhp?????? couldnt find this anywhere online! thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

jabaweller wrote: »
    Ok so i know vw have there red i red di and red tdi versions and they have different power ratings, but what is the difference? is it the map of the ecu? or are there actual huge differences? because i read somewhere that the 150 bhp versions could be ramaped to 180 or so but the 115 bhp versions could ony get up to 140 bhp?????? couldnt find this anywhere online! thanks :D
    There are different engine sizes, different turbos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jabaweller

but im talking about the 1.9 diesel? i understand the turbo could be different alright but that much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Its down to 3 main components that differ between the same engine with different power outputs. Injectors, turbo & intercooler(if fit)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some of the 130bhp versions have a 6 speed gearbox as do the 150bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

bazz26 wrote: »
    Some of the 130bhp versions have a 6 speed gearbox as do the 150bhp.

All of the 130/150 mk4 golfs are 6speed. The 115 also had an option for 6 speed. The 150bhp also had a front mounted intercooler all the rest had side mounted. 130/150 also have bigger brakes than the 90/110. Not sure which the 115 has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The 150 fitted with RS8 wheels is some yoke laaaddd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think you'll find any Golf TDI with RS6's is capable of time travel in the right conditions..

OP, there are many power outputs in the Mk4 Golf TDi, 90, 100, 110, 115, 130 and 150. The 90 and 110bhp versions were around from launch, whereas all the other outputs are PD and cane along slightly later (2001 to 2004). The badging (as in red t and red I and all that) is a mess, only way to tell is the log book or the sticker in the spare wheel well. For example, I own a 100bhp Bora and that is badged with a red D and I, and thats how it came from new. Don't know why exactly

Advertisement