Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Did You Pick Your User-Name

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

scdublin wrote: »
    Can you change your username? I'm thinking Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Only if you subscribe or become a mod.

Is there ANYTHING a mod can't do :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Because I couldn't think of anything else so I picked my name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

Because I used it as a name to promote bands, and the reason I used it as a name was because, it is the colour of smoke before it is inhaled, it purpley blue before we inhale it, exhaled smoke is grey. Also BlueSmoke came from an record label "BlueNote", blues and jazz, or original music, where a major thing in me coming up with the name.

I did try Elan Glas (Green Art) but people thought I was trying to be nationalistic on some level, including the Arts Council :( I was try to say "Young/New Art"

So hence I'm BlueSmoker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Its a reference to one of the greatest computer games ever made

This

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Turn water to wine. We're still working on that one!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

because i love christmas!

Turn <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">water</a> to wine. We're still working on that one!

Of course you can, why is certain words in Blue and doubly underscored, and also linking to something, in posts, eg your post "water" is, what's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Site ban users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I like cake.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

BlueSmoker wrote: »
    Of course you can, why is certain words in Blue and doubly underscored, and also linking to something, in posts, eg your post "water" is, what's going on there?

Mod magic. Only visible to mods.

Or else mobile boards is spazzing out on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

i was looking at a fruit bowl at time time and im a terrible speller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Father Ted reference

say this in a sarcastic voice-

because im just the bubbliest happy person ever!!!!!!

sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Not a one of them can play the clarinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Not a one of them can play the clarinet.

I heard that before. Something about not having lips.

Of course you can, why is certain words in Blue and doubly underscored, and also linking to something, in posts, eg your post <b>water</b> is, what's going on there?

Really what is that "highlighted linked words" all about, I don't like them at all, I can't even put it in bold :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Its never taken, its also my name on a few blogs/twitter @Fairytaledee etc

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I'm a butterface

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭Daith

Well I tried Daithi..then I got lazy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I'm a butterface
    do you have butter on your face :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

On my third username..I leave but always come back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've used this user name since 2002 or 2003 courtesy of this. As soon as I come up with something better, ah that'll be a day. Really need to come up with something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Guitar teacher cut his finger on the string. "I guess we're shredding blood tonight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Just thought it up at the time of signing. Was surprised it wasn't taken.

Also, as well as being a perfectly reasonable name my username is an action.

I'm actually quite good at throwing stones too come to think of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Got it from the band, Cherry Ghost, but its often mistaken for the Red Ghost in Pacman for some weird reason.

Chuck <a wrote:
    Just thought it up at the time of signing. Was surprised it wasn't taken.

Also, as well as being a perfectly reasonable name my username is an action.

I'm actually quite good at throwing stones too come to think of it.

And you linked "stones" to what exactly, as others linked "music" to what exactly, when the hell did I need these words to be highlighted to me on a forum, expressing a point of view, you may as well drop a can of pepsi in to my post.

A) I never agreed to advertise particular words within my posts, so stop actually highlighting them

B) If I choose to make certain words a link it would actually be considered a spam, so as that's against your rules, stop doing it

C) You basically don't have the right too legally or otherwise to advertise off my posts, so stop doing it. I own the copyright to what I write, you don't, abit of a cheek on boards.ie part, giving out about copywrite infringment by Sherlock, and allowing this to happen.

And you linked "stones" to what exactly, as others linked "music" to what exactly, when the hell did I need these words to be highlighted to me on a forum, expressing a point of view, you may as well drop a can of pepsi in to my post.

A) I never agreed to advertise particular words within my posts, so stop actually highlighting them

B) If I choose to make certain words a link it would actually be considered a spam, so as that's against your rules, stop doing it

C) You basically don't have the right too legally or otherwise to advertise off my posts, so stop doing it. I own the copyright to what I write, you don't, abit of a cheek on boards.ie part, giving out about copywrite infringment by Sherlock, and allowing this to happen.

What the fcuk are you talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What? :confused:

My guess is bluesmoker has some kind of plugin in his browser which is hilighting some words and linking to ads. It aint happening here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

My guess is bluesmoker has some kind of plugin in his browser which is hilighting some words and linking to ads. It aint happening here.

Nor here.

Advertisement