Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate without DD.

Options
  • 20-07-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

I had a bad month for bills in June.

I finished maternity leave and wasn't paid for 6 weeks from work as I missed the cut off point.

I was due to pay my ESB dd at the start of the month. I missed 2 attempts by ESB to take the DD.

My fault BUT I was charged €6 per attempt and €10.58 ex VAT on my bill!

Never mind the €12.70 by 2 I was charged by the bank!

So I have wiped out any saving I've made in the last year by choosing DD and missing a month. (€25.4 + €24= €49.40)

So ESB rep what rate will I get for electricity only if I choose paperless billing but not pay by DD.

I'm currently paying .1619 ex VAT per unit, I don't have night saver.

I'm waiting for Bord Gais and Airtricity to gt back to me with their non DD rates.

I have PM'd my details to Una.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Wmpdd3,

Paying by direct debit entitles the customer to a 4% discount, which would be removed if payment is discontinued by direct debit.

A customer can still avail of 2% discount for online billing.

Unit rates are under "ValueSaver Price Plans - Fixed term - More details" here on our website.

Private message replied to.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Thank You,

What about this rate, I've had this account at this address for 7 years.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71513425&postcount=4
    There is indeed.

Customers that have been with us longer than 12 months who do not wish to sign up to direct debit can nonetheless avail of a 8% discount on the standard unit rate. You can also save an additional 2% on your overall usage (total units used) if you sign up to online billing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gambiaman
    ...I'm hoping a rep will come along and tell me they aren't going to neglect their longtime non-DD non-arrears customers!
    If you PM your account details I will ensure you aren't neglected!

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi wmpdd3,

The above post is from 15 months ago and the offer mentioned in it is no longer available unfortunately.

Our best rate for existing customers at the moment is 6% off the standard rate, consisting of 4% for direct debit and 2% for online billing. If you also have your gas with us, we can offer an additional 3% off your electricity, in addition to the 6% discount off the Bord Gáis Energy unit rate (so 9% off electricity and 6% off gas).

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement