Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Blogger

• 20-07-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭

Is the Limerick Blogger website gone ? Haven't been able to open it in a few days ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Its been a dead duck for a long time anyway so wouldnt be surprised if they closed it. the only thing there was any activity on was the forum. there was never any new articles or anything for months and months. Could have been a great site if done properly

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

stopped going on that site years ago, when squid left it it became a dead duck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I never had a profile on it, but I checked it out a few times in the last few months to see how it was getting on.

Their equivalent of Feedback/Help Desk had loads of complaints about spammers and people asking for extra mods to deal with them. There seemed to be tension with serial re-reg accounts and trolls making things personal with some of the mods too.

Shame to see an outlet for local discussion go off-line though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

It ain't so bad once ya can get through all the petty bitchin and way too much politics talk,heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I was a lurker there too, pity it's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

MEH...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

It was great years ago...pity it went to sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

What was it people didn't like about it?

I never really went on it much so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

When Squid ran it, it was always the first for news.
    Eventually the stories got worse and it took about two days for main news to make its way to the blogger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

What was the community like on there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I found it ok but it did tend to be on the cliquey side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Romain07

As a long time poster it is a pity the Blogger is gone. For the brief time Squid spent there it was a good forum but the moderation was OTT. It is a pity it seems to have gone as it was the easiest place for someone from Limerick but living abroad to get news. It is a pity it ended without warning I would like to have stayed intouch with some of the contributors!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

Pity the old Limerick Blogger went west.
    I was a long time contributer there and miss all the guys @ gals that posted there.
    I wonder where they all went?

Pity the old Limerick Blogger went west.
    I was a long time contributer there and miss all the guys @ gals that posted there.
    I wonder where they all went?

Some of us are still around, I reckon there is quite a few bloggers on here now :-) maybe some of them will make themselves known...maybe not but it was a bit and of craic while it lasted shur. No prizes for guessing who I was on it...Yurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

Good to hear you're still about Dobber.
    Hope yo're getting plenty cake....'Yurt'
    'Old 'Un'

Good to hear you're still about Dobber.
    Hope yo're getting plenty cake....'Yurt'
    'Old 'Un'

Aboy the kid, good to see you still soldiering on ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beeez

Another survivor from the carnage of the blogger here.....nada prizes for guessin' either ! How do Boyz . ( was a lurker here until now...the shame of it all lol )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I know I am necroing a thread, but as a user of the Limerick Blogger and friend to Old Un,I only found out yesterday he had passed away in February. Just to let other ones from that site know,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I know I am necroing a thread, but as a user of the Limerick Blogger and friend to Old Un,I only found out yesterday he had passed away in February. Just to let other ones from that site know,

May he rest in peace and sympathies to his family and friends.

I didn't know him but just wanted to say that I really appreciate when people do this - Its so important as otherwise people just disappear from sight and most often none of their online acquaintances have any idea why or the circumstances and so on....

Advertisement