Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Credit Card Declined

• 20-07-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

Seeing as your letter decided that the reason you have declined me a credit card shall remain a secret as apparently it's too complex for me to understand can therefore tell me the following:

Underwriting says Contact my Bank Manager
    Bank Manager says Contact Underwriting team
    Underwriting team want me to WRITE a letter. I have no printer.

Please supply me an e-mail address so I can appeal this decision:

18 years with BOI by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Go talk to your bank manager or assistant manager. I find it's the best way to deal with them rather than phone and internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Go talk to your bank manager or assistant manager. I find it's the best way to deal with them rather than phone and internet.

Nope.

Branch Manager says Underwriting team and Underwriting team says Branch Manager so it's here or the Customer Care Complaints unit for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Beer Baron,

I do apologise about the mixed messages you have received. Unfortunately we do not have an email facility to appeal credit decisions. You can write a letter to appeal it to New Business, 2nd floor, Operations Centre, Cabinteely, Dublin 18.

I hope this helps
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thanks Linda,

In the meantime somebody hinted to me from the customer care side, Mayor Street Lower team, that BOI neglected to take into account my 18 years as a customer and assumed I had only joined BOI 2 weeks ago(switched to UB in June - They hit an iceberg of sorts so I moved back).

Serious oversight on BOIs part considering they were told.

Anyway, back to the appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Underwriting team want me to WRITE a letter. I have no printer.

Use a pen and paper?

• Advertisement
Advertisement