Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definitions of SOL Occupations

Options
  • 20-07-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm just wondering if there is any website or something that gives definitions of the occupations on the skilled list? I'm hoping to get sponsored in my job, my job isnt on the list but could be classified as a specialty under environmental engineering even though its a profession in its own right, if you follow me. I'm just looking for somewhere at gives their definition of what an environmental engineer does to see if I fall under it.
    I know there's the labour agreement option but i'm looking at the skilled list first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

You have to go to Vetassess and they'd judge. I don't think they are particularly strict either, my friend has just received his sponsorship as a land economist. I'm not too sure what that job entails, but his experience is 2 years as an estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Noo wrote: »
    Hi

I'm just wondering if there is any website or something that gives definitions of the occupations on the skilled list? I'm hoping to get sponsored in my job, my job isnt on the list but could be classified as a specialty under environmental engineering even though its a profession in its own right, if you follow me. I'm just looking for somewhere at gives their definition of what an environmental engineer does to see if I fall under it.
    I know there's the labour agreement option but i'm looking at the skilled list first.

Mate there is a link on the government website that brings you to a site which gives you the definitions of all the occupations, I was only on it last week. I wasn't able to find it just now but if you scope around the visa section on the website you might find it!

On the site you just put in the occupation code or key words and you get a full description of the job and tasks and duties associated with said job. Fairly handy if you can find the poxy link!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Mate there is a link on the government website that brings you to a site which gives you the definitions of all the occupations, I was only on it last week. I wasn't able to find it just now but if you scope around the visa section on the website you might find it!

On the site you just put in the occupation code or key words and you get a full description of the job and tasks and duties associated with said job. Fairly handy if you can find the poxy link!

Ah yep, I've seen that before too but can't find it either. Here's something that's somewhat similar, gives a brief description of the various positions.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/a-z.htm#

I'll have a look for the other link when I'm back on the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Thanks guys. Yeah i did see something before, that's how i knew it existed...somewhere. But for the life of me i couldn't find it again and was beginning to think i imagined the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

http://www.acacia-au.com/anzsco/233915.php

This the one your looking for? Just rem the code...

• Advertisement
Advertisement