Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirt-cheap place to sleep for 6 months?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm living in Dublin and need to save some money quickly. I want to reduce my rent costs, I have access to my work office until late so I only need somewhere to sleep.

I know there are shared rooms in Dublin from €150 but maybe I could get somewhere cheaper considering that I only need a bed (or space to put an inflatable bed!) for 8 hours a day.

Has anyone here been in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

digiology wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm living in Dublin and need to save some money quickly. I want to reduce my rent costs, I have access to my work office until late so I only need somewhere to sleep.

I know there are shared rooms in Dublin from €150 but maybe I could get somewhere cheaper considering that I only need a bed (or space to put an inflatable bed!) for 8 hours a day.

Has anyone here been in this situation?

Hostel? Off season trailer park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Ghost estate? Might as well use them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

http://ie.cameloteurope.com/

Looks interesting!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

I know of a room for €80 a week in Rathmines. It used to be a bedsitter but landlord does not want to let it as a bedsitter again. He is going to remove all of the bedsitters from the house next year. He would probably allow someone in on a sleep only basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Kosseegan wrote: »
    I know of a room for €80 a week in Rathmines. It used to be a bedsitter but landlord does not want to let it as a bedsitter again. He is going to remove all of the bedsitters from the house next year. He would probably allow someone in on a sleep only basis.
    That's a good idea, all those bedsitters Have to be gone by January next year, a LL might welcome a short let for cheap rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

neemish wrote: »
    http://ie.cameloteurope.com/

Looks interesting!
    Am I the only one that read that as cameltoeeurope? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

murphaph wrote: »
    Am I the only one that read that as cameltoeeurope? :D

Yes you are! I already knew of them!

Advertisement