Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Rate SLA

Options
  • 20-07-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hello Eircom

My business is planning our business continuity strategy. We currently have a PRA with Premium Assist Plus SLA

In the event that we have to leave our premises for any reason can we divert our 100 block DDI range to another number(s). What is the SLA associated with getting this implemented?

Thank you

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They cannot divert a full 100 DDI block anywhere except to another PRI. They can extract a block of 5 key numbers, eg 000 to 004 and whack them down a BRI while losing the other 95 for a while

Call forwarding is impossible. You must have a PRI on 'warm' somewhere else ( with desks I take it :p ) as you can map more than 100 DDIs to a PRI...I think the limit is 5 x 100 blocks mapped to a single target PRI.

I tried a mixed PRI and VoIP solution some time back and it was crap TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whadafook

Thanks Spongebob

I actually have 3 sites. At our main site we have a SIP Trunk and PRA from 2 different providers. I have a PRA at my two other sites

Based on what your saying I could point the full hundred block DDI associated with any of the PRAs at another one. Could I point them at by SIP Trunk?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You can configure a VoIp system to datafill the numbers across the trunk to the 'right site' off a PRA on another site in case you need continuity fast. eircom Business support can datafill your block easily inside an exchange area but datafilling (EG) an 091 block onto an 01 PRA and sending it to Galway by SIP is probably too much.

Getting an analogue on a different tandem in the same exchange area, permanently forwarded, may work. Analogue = PRA down in the exchange you see. I'd need more specifics though.

Lots of eircom TDM gear is getting old and wheezy, spares are geting harded to source, key staff have retired early and outages will probably be longer in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whadafook

Thanks again Spongebob

Failing over on the PBX is no problem our concern is if we loose the PBX associated with the PRA!

Looks like I'll need to go looking for budget to upgrade the PBX to IP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

whadafook wrote: »
    Hello Eircom

My business is planning our business continuity strategy. We currently have a PRA with Premium Assist Plus SLA

In the event that we have to leave our premises for any reason can we divert our 100 block DDI range to another number(s). What is the SLA associated with getting this implemented?

Thank you

Hi whadafook,

I know we're jumping in late on this one but it's not something we deal with on the residential side of things. I had sent an email about this on Friday to get some info but nothing has come back. However, I have gotten contact info for another person in here who may be able to advise so have sent another request. Will get back to you here as soon as I get an update. Thanks for the help Sponge Bob, you seem to have some knowledge on the subject. I'll wait for some official word before I post anything here, am trying to get you a direct contact for someone who can talk to you regarding this.

Thanks

James

EDIT: Business Support have requested an account number to check which segment it belongs to so could you PM this along with a mobile contact number please.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement