Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent CCTV DVR

Options
  • 20-07-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi. I have an 8 camera DVR that is positioned under a stairs in my house and the sound of the fan is driving my wife round the bend. My question is how silent are "silent"dvrs and do you have a recommendation (for private house use). I have looked at enclosing the unit in a soundproof enclosure with fan but the cost of the enclosure is more than the cost of a new dvr. Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Generally they are much quiter. IC Realtime do a some good ones ideal for domestic application.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Normally when it gets noisy the fan just needs to be replaced. It's handy enough to do yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

Generally most DVRs nowadays have silent fans or are fanless can recommend a couple if ya PM me.

Advertisement