Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using vouchers to buy vouchers

Options
  • 20-07-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi, first thread so apologies if it is in the wrong place. I couldn't find an answer from searching the forum either.

I have several vouchers (all within date, although some have 8 months left, some 9 and some 10), for Brown Thomas that I won't be using. I was planning on giving them as a present to someone but would rather consolidate them into one larger voucher before I do so. Is this possible? I emailed BT but no answer and I'd prefer to save myself the trip up to Dublin to check.

So can I use 5 vouchers to buy one larger voucher?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭Archeron

Dont know if its any help to your situation or not, but I once had a few hundred euro in One 4 All vouchers, and the day before they expired, I brought them into Argos and used them to buy Argos vouchers with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I once received €100 worth of BT vouchers - except it was as 10 x €10 vouchers. So I went to one of the tills in BT and asked the girl to transfer all the balances onto one card.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

arodabomb wrote: »
    Hi, first thread so apologies if it is in the wrong place. I couldn't find an answer from searching the forum either.

I have several vouchers (all within date, although some have 8 months left, some 9 and some 10), for Brown Thomas that I won't be using. I was planning on giving them as a present to someone but would rather consolidate them into one larger voucher before I do so. Is this possible? I emailed BT but no answer and I'd prefer to save myself the trip up to Dublin to check.

So can I use 5 vouchers to buy one larger voucher?

Thanks in advance.

Absolutely... Unless things have changed recently, the vouchers are valid for anything in-store, including new vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ring them first, it's absolutely possible but it'd be better to have clearance first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Just give Customer Services a call. I am 99% sure you can. As I've never been denied combining cards onto one. But just make sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

I have seen exclusions on some of my past vouchers in other stores to the effect that vouchers cannot be used to buy more vouchers. Something to do with extending the expiry date.
    However, inadvertantly on one occasion I managed to get one large Argos gift voucher by using a number of One4All vouchers together to purchase an item which subsequently had to be returned. They couldn't refund me cash as I hadn't used cash in the original purchase, so I got one large gift voucher with a very long date - something like 3 years - instead!
    Not saying you could or should take this option with BT, but if the direct way doesn't work ...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Cheers lads. I'll give them a ring during the week and post the results for reference. If that doesn't work I'll give @Teagwee's method a go. Thanks!

Advertisement